Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

11 Nov 2011, 9:18 am

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/11/10/r ... inst-iran/

I actually thought he was kinda level-headed. But his campain promice is basicly to drag us into WWIII
Obama has actually done very good at forgien affairs...one of the few things that I credit him.

If we thought Iraq and Afganistan was rough....Iran....those ppl are nuking futs and have nuclear power.

I think I am writing in mickey mouse...jk.

Jojo

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2011, 9:31 am

jojobean wrote:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/11/10/romney-says-prepare-for-war-against-iran/

I actually thought he was kinda level-headed. But his campain promice is basicly to drag us into WWIII
Obama has actually done very good at forgien affairs...one of the few things that I credit him.

If we thought Iraq and Afganistan was rough....Iran....those ppl are nuking futs and have nuclear power.

Jojo
Iran, China. North Korea. Oh how the republicans extol wars with purpose!

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2011, 9:38 am

Is Ron Paul the only guy in the Primary who doesn't want to start another decade of war? :?

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2011, 9:39 am

Religious nuts always wanted the world to end at 2012.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

11 Nov 2011, 9:44 am

Gedrene wrote:
jojobean wrote:

Jojo
Iran, China. North Korea. Oh how the republicans extol wars with purpose!

We are in sooo much debt because of endless wars....so is that his plan??? Cut programs that are vital to the vunerable and charge off to war with a Maniac. Iran already said that any threat of war will be met with full force.
What!!
We cant afford another all out war in the middle east.
Then of course he will probably blame the small amount ppl on SSI and SSDI recieve to scrape by on the finacial fallout of war with Iran.

I am so disapointed....I really thought Mitt was better than that but apparently he is trying get the republican nomination by thumping the war chest.

Jojo

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2011, 10:56 am

Another voice in the chorus of the Forever War.

ruveyn

Last edited by ruveyn on 12 Nov 2011, 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2011, 11:36 am

Statements such as his illustrate to me how we need to institute a military draft in the US for all people. If Romney had children or grandchildren in the military, he probably
wouldn't be rattling his saber. It is evidentally much easier to send other people's children to die instead of your own.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2011, 11:51 am

Aspinator wrote:
Statements such as his illustrate to me how we need to institute a military draft in the US for all people. If Romney had children or grandchildren in the military, he probably
wouldn't be rattling his saber. It is evidentally much easier to send other people's children to die instead of your own.

The rich have always evaded the draft, look at Bush Jr....plus they have the money to leave the country till the war is over.
However a draft would probably make these endless wars alot shorter cause ppl be rioting in the streets

Jojo

Douglas_MacNeill
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2011, 12:04 pm

Probably wants to make sure he's on the right side of Benjamin Netanyahu (or netan-Yahoo) and the Israel lobby.
I noticed some news stories about Iran's "nuclear weapons" program and Bibi's own sabre-rattling against it.
Chances are, that will mean Israel using its nuclear weapons first (the Pearl Harbor gambit).

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2011, 12:10 pm

jojobean wrote:
We are in sooo much debt because of endless wars....so is that his plan??? Cut programs that are vital to the vunerable and charge off to war with a Maniac. Iran already said that any threat of war will be met with full force.
What!!
We cant afford another all out war in the middle east.

To be honest Iran is one of the few countries in the middle east with a military tradition worth boasting about. It's oil rich, the centre of violent Islam and the Zagros mountains might as well be another series of afghanistani hills on a small scale. Apart from a violent tribal culture the USA might as well set its budget on fire and disillusion another Muslim nation's populace.

jojobean wrote:
I am so disapointed....I really thought Mitt was better than that but apparently he is trying get the republican nomination by thumping the war chest.

Jojo
Just vote the Texan. He's your best bet when it comes to avoiding war, since he's supposedly a libertarian. War for him would just lead to high taxes and high taxes=bad saupposedly.

This simple allegorical language is very useful when it comes to Republican candidates. I guess it is implicitly the beauty of right-wing politics when the people are all dropping like flies and the people are holding out on some sort of Reaganite/tea-parrty messiah.

Last edited by Gedrene on 14 Nov 2011, 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2011, 12:12 pm

Aspinator wrote:
Meh, not professional enough. The best way to deal with a lack of empathy is to hammer the facts and reasons in to the man's face until he shuts his mouth.

johansen
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Nov 2011, 1:45 pm

VIDEODROME wrote:
Is Ron Paul the only guy in the Primary who doesn't want to start another decade of war? :?

short answer: yes, he's the only politician in the entire government who is not on a power trip..

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2011, 2:05 am

jojobean wrote:

Jojo

I think a war with Iran would be started and over in 20 minutes, if you get my meaning.

Foreign leaders like Obama for his weakness. He is all but incapable of asserting himself to protect American interests. Ahmadinejad neither fears nor respects Obama, which is a major reason Iran's nuclear program has continued at the pace it has. I will go so far as to say that the Mossad has taken far more initiative to intervene in Iran than Obama has.

Douglas_MacNeill wrote:
Probably wants to make sure he's on the right side of Benjamin Netanyahu (or netan-Yahoo) and the Israel lobby.
I noticed some news stories about Iran's "nuclear weapons" program and Bibi's own sabre-rattling against it.
Chances are, that will mean Israel using its nuclear weapons first (the Pearl Harbor gambit).

We might as well back Israel's move no matter what they do. No matter how hard we try to maintain good diplomatic relations in the Islamic Crescent, they are bound to fail relatively soon anyway. Israel is our only real friend in the region and it is in our best interest to watch their back because such an alliance may be mutually beneficial to both our national securities someday in the future.

We don't necessarily have to conquer Iran to win that war. If we knock out their political and communications infrastructures, economic centers, military apparatus, breeder reactor, and weapons research facilities, we can neutralize Iran with minimal casualties on our side, but about 10 million Iranians would get their virgins.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2011, 2:45 am

War with Iran? It's about f**king time!! !

PM
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2011, 3:35 am

WTF, there is no need to start WWIII or continue the Forever War for that matter.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2011, 5:43 am

John_Browning wrote:
I think a war with Iran would be started and over in 20 minutes, if you get my meaning.

This isn't Somalia. You aren't Zeus Browning. Your finances were brought to their knees by Iraq and Afghanistan. Say, were those also supposed quick strikes? Don't make me laugh.

John_Browning wrote:
Foreign leaders like Obama for his weakness. He is all but incapable of asserting himself to protect American interests.

Because a right-winger with no clue says so. Libya. His delicateness during the Arab spring. The sending of soldiers and advisors to deal with Kony. What Obama hasn't done is wase soldiers invading Iraq, which wasn't anything helpful at all.

John_Browning wrote:
Ahmadinejad neither fears nor respects Obama, which is a major reason Iran's nuclear program has continued at the pace it has. I will go so far as to say that the Mossad has taken far more initiative to intervene in Iran than Obama has.
Well neither does Ahmejinedad control anything but this all sounds like an ego trip where you want the USA to be some old testament god.

John_Browning wrote:

Oho, fantastic. And now we are flippantly allowing Israel to nuke people. Well this was ineveitable.

John_Browning wrote:
We might as well back Israel's move no matter what they do.

There's an old saying by Thomas Jefferson: "peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none."
And congratulations, Israel is the USA's razorwire.

John_Browning wrote:
No matter how hard we try to maintain good diplomatic relations in the Islamic Crescent, they are bound to fail relatively soon anyway.

Iran is one state, not the enterity of Islamic nations.

John_Browning wrote:
Israel is our only real friend in the region and it is in our best interest to watch their back because such an alliance may be mutually beneficial to both our national securities someday in the future.
Well it hasn't. Your blind support of Israel has alienated a whole region where all your oil comes from. It alienates Europe. It's an easy weak point for China, India and Russia to insert themselves in to and makes them look more moderate.

John_Browning wrote:
We don't necessarily have to conquer Iran to win that war. If we knock out their political and communications infrastructures, economic centers, military apparatus, breeder reactor, and weapons research facilities, we can neutralize Iran with minimal casualties on our side, but about 10 million Iranians would get their virgins.
And then we end with an insult that should only be applied to extremists, not the sum of a whole nation.
And oh yes, impoverishing a whole nation in order to prevent a nuke going off. I can see how your surgical strike method involves using a meat tenderizer. Good job.

Last edited by Gedrene on 14 Nov 2011, 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.