Recreational Drugs - Cousins of the Aspergers Drug Solution?

Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Which recreational drugs relieve ASD symptoms best?
Ecstacy 55%  55%  [ 23 ]
Speed 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Weed 43%  43%  [ 18 ]
Total votes : 42

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2011, 9:13 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I guess the thing is cannabis is not all that dangerous so there is not that much of a need to know exactly which amount of THC and other active ingredients the person is getting......they already have THC pills and those are reported not to work as well as actual marijuana.
Vaporizers are probably a preferred delivery system. In any case--the important thing about dosing, despite its relative safety, is that it'd be important to calibrate the dose to get as much of a positive effect without also getting the undesirable side effects.

Quote:
Also how would cannabis contribute to alcohol poisoning? that is still alcohol doing the poisoning......sure you feel more f*cked up if you smoke cannabis and drink at the same time but the cannabis does not cause alcohol poisoning. I mix them all the time and i am fine.........however I am careful to make sure I am drinking water and not drinking too much alcohol or smoking too much. Also cannabis reduces nausea I dont think it actually prevents vomiting.
Reducing nausea means reducing the probability of vomiting. That's the point of giving it to people who uncontrollably vomit due to chemotherapy.

Deadly amount of alcohol alone = throwing up, face in the toilet, or possibly choking on your own vomit if you pass out.
Deadly amount of alcohol + THC = dead from alcohol poisoning, or dragged to the hospital by a friend who stayed sober enough to notice.

Obviously you have to drink way too much, which is stupid by itself; it's just that if you're smoking weed too, then your body won't make you throw up soon enough to get you out of your own stupidity anymore. It's just much more likely that you'd pass out before you got rid of that deadly dose of alcohol.

That said: If I had my way, we'd legalize marijuana and ban alcohol. But I know what happened during Prohibition; so I know it's not something that we could actually pull off.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2011, 1:26 am

Callista wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
I guess the thing is cannabis is not all that dangerous so there is not that much of a need to know exactly which amount of THC and other active ingredients the person is getting......they already have THC pills and those are reported not to work as well as actual marijuana.
Vaporizers are probably a preferred delivery system. In any case--the important thing about dosing, despite its relative safety, is that it'd be important to calibrate the dose to get as much of a positive effect without also getting the undesirable side effects.

Quote:
Also how would cannabis contribute to alcohol poisoning? that is still alcohol doing the poisoning......sure you feel more f*cked up if you smoke cannabis and drink at the same time but the cannabis does not cause alcohol poisoning. I mix them all the time and i am fine.........however I am careful to make sure I am drinking water and not drinking too much alcohol or smoking too much. Also cannabis reduces nausea I dont think it actually prevents vomiting.
Reducing nausea means reducing the probability of vomiting. That's the point of giving it to people who uncontrollably vomit due to chemotherapy.

Deadly amount of alcohol alone = throwing up, face in the toilet, or possibly choking on your own vomit if you pass out.
Deadly amount of alcohol + THC = dead from alcohol poisoning, or dragged to the hospital by a friend who stayed sober enough to notice.

Obviously you have to drink way too much, which is stupid by itself; it's just that if you're smoking weed too, then your body won't make you throw up soon enough to get you out of your own stupidity anymore. It's just much more likely that you'd pass out before you got rid of that deadly dose of alcohol.

That said: If I had my way, we'd legalize marijuana and ban alcohol. But I know what happened during Prohibition; so I know it's not something that we could actually pull off.

Well I suppose the undesirable effects need defining then..........but then that also varies between people. I mean for me the fact that indica strains slow me down is a positive thing because my brain is always over analizing things and causing me to feel anxious and it's hard for me to physically relax........so that is why I tend to prefer indica strains most of the time, or indica/sativia strains so I can get those relaxing effects but also more of the euphoric feeling. though I admit sometimes sativia strains can be fun as those tend to have more psychedelic effects.

Well I don't drink a deadly amount of alcohol if I smoke cannabis with it.......or otherwise, though it has to be kept in mind that I have a higher tolerance to alcohol than most people my size so what I can handle is not nessisarly what most people my size and gender can handle. But yes, it is certainly not the best idea to drink ridiculous amounts of alcohol while smoking cannabis.........though I must say though cannabis can reduce nausea too much of it will increase nausea a lot of times.

Also, I smoke weed fairly regularly so this extends to when I am drinking as well...and my passing out/vomiting my guts out days are pretty much over though I won't say the vomiting never happens but I've only ever actually passed out from alcohol twice both times I was 19. So I say it is important people know their bodies, what they can handle and how they react to things so they can make intelligent decisions............though I do have to admit my choices are sometimes wrong.

And I would say the should leave alcohol alone and still legalize cannabis........I mean quite personally I would much rather smoke a bowl or a joint than get drunk but of course drinking is legal so where I can't smoke weed due to its illegal status I tend to drink.......and sometimes drink in excess.

MindWithoutWalls
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 9:27 am

I never drank a lot, and now I don't even like the smell or taste enough to be willing to do it.

The correct dosage for cannabis can be determined by the patient, because self-experimentation is safe with a substance that safe. That's how I know how little I want/need. I don't generally care to be really high, but I do get the benefits, including the ones that last for days after, from being a little buzzed.

If pot were legal, I could easily select for effect and price range. Because it's not, my access is so limited that I often can't get it at all. It's a help, not a requirement, so I'm all right. But I'd really like to see the California model adopted nationwide.

Remember, though, marijuana is illegal for political reasons relating to various industries, not just the drug industry. The myth that you can't easily differentiate a pot plant from a hemp plant is very telling. Have a peek at the history.

Loitering is encouraged at The Wayshelter: http://wayshelter.com

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 9:43 am

MindWithoutWalls,

Move to Colorado. We have a friend who did that *just because weed is legal*. He even has his medical marijuana card. I don't know what is supposed to be wrong with him. He's been in lots of dirt bike accidents and stuff. He's a semiprofessional stuntman. Maybe the two are related, I don't know.

He did come back from Colorado for the winter, because it's very cold there. He now has dredlocks. He's actually my oldest daughter and her boyfriend's friend. He comes over a lot. I want to sneak up on him with a bottle of hair detangler and a brush.

Frances

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 11:24 am

MindWithoutWalls wrote:
I never drank a lot, and now I don't even like the smell or taste enough to be willing to do it.

The correct dosage for cannabis can be determined by the patient, because self-experimentation is safe with a substance that safe. That's how I know how little I want/need. I don't generally care to be really high, but I do get the benefits, including the ones that last for days after, from being a little buzzed.

If pot were legal, I could easily select for effect and price range. Because it's not, my access is so limited that I often can't get it at all. It's a help, not a requirement, so I'm all right. But I'd really like to see the California model adopted nationwide.

Remember, though, marijuana is illegal for political reasons relating to various industries, not just the drug industry. The myth that you can't easily differentiate a pot plant from a hemp plant is very telling. Have a peek at the history.

Very good points indeed.

aspiesavant
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 4:01 pm

I tried Ritalin (officially prescribed). buth that made me very unstable.

I tried dextroamphetamine (officially prescribed), but that may me rather numb.

I tried various illegal substances including LSD, MDMA, levoamphetamine, methylone and 2-FMA (self-medicated). Those did benefit me a lot, but the stimulants to tend to be addictive and result in dependence.

Currently, I try to stay free from any medication most of the time, although I do self-medicate occasionally.

My prefered combo for alleviating the more negative Autism symtoms is a mixture of levoamphetamine, methylone and 2-FMA.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2020, 5:30 pm

Not really sure about the use of recreational or habitual drugs for the treatment of ASD.

Its a bit like asking someone with ASD who likes drinking lager, does drinking lager help your ASD symptoms?

If you like lager, and are told that if you say yes, your doctor is going to prescribe you 10 pints a day,
your gonna say yes please.... regardless as to whether the alcohol intake helps your asd symptoms.
By doing so however you may endanger yourself into becoming an alcoholic.

Not saying i am against drug use, i believe in a person's freedom to choose and do what they want with regards
to this topic.

I believe in decriminalisation of all drugs and setting up comprehensive support agencies that help guide, support and help people rehab if need be (without the fear of prosecution or imprisonment).

I also believe in basing medical opinions on scientific evidence rather than a persons recreational favourite drug of choice. As, if a person likes an intoxicating substance, its going to be hard to convince that person that their favourite substance isn't the second coming, miracle cure and answer to all their problems.

Personally, i think opium gives me a nice feeling, and may likely be very useful for things like autism spectrum disorder meltdowns. The problem with such substances however is the dependence, the constipation and the negative physical effects that such medicines have on a person's body over many years of use (you ever seen an old junkie?).

Also, take a look at the impact of long term use of drugs like crystal meth.
Seen before and after photo's.

Not a pretty site, i can tell you that much. So even if you feel great on the inside, sometimes you got to look at the outside too.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2020, 3:13 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
What the hell.......they gave you anti-psychotics for AS?....anti-psychotics are used to reduce positive symptoms of schizophrenia, lol I don't even have a degree and I know that's a stupid idea. I imagine such drugs would make you paranoid, if you don't already have the symptoms those drugs are for.

I have recreationally tried adderall a couple times, and I will admit I get stuff done on that........but I don't have it prescribed to me so when I feel the need for stimulants I just settle for caffine or energy drinks. I also smoke cannabis just about every day to help with my anxiety and depression. As for extasy.........not quite sure what benifits that would have for AS or comorbid disorders, guess I'll have to read up on that.

But yeah cannabis does not work for everyone......for some it does cause things like paranoia, also that is more common with sativia strains because those stimulate the mind a lot more than indicas which overall just slow you down and cause a body high.

Anti-psychotics get prescribed in low doses off-label for irritability/rage.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う