no 20%  20%  [ 12 ]
whats metal? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
mashed caterpillars served with garlic and marshmallows 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 59

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2011, 6:14 pm

anybody else like metal. if so what bands, are you going to see and tours, what bands were really good that you've seen in the past. o i forgot what songs too.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S9qb8fcisM[/youtube]

LeninzTomb
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Nov 2011, 6:26 pm

I actually saw Mastodon a week ago in concert. They are really good live! Also, their music is really complex (changing time signatures, real technical guitar work, concept albums). I have seen them play with Dethklok, too. They're the band from METALOCALYPSE. If you haven't seen it, check it out. It's a hilarious cartoon about a wildly successful melodic death metal band.

Some of my favorite Mastodon songs:
-"Trilobite"
-"Crusher Destroyer"
-"March of the Fire Ants"
-"Blood and Thunder"
-"Megalodon"
-"Heart's Alive"
-"Crystal Skull"
-"Crack the Skye"

I have also seen Rammstein live, too. They are a German metal band that uses pyrotechnics! Some songs:
-"Feuer Frei"
-"Dalai Lama"
-"Moskau"
-"Rammlied"
-"Bück Dich"
-"Engel"

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2011, 6:31 pm

LeninzTomb wrote:
I actually saw Mastodon a week ago in concert. They are really good live! Also, their music is really complex (changing time signatures, real technical guitar work, concept albums). I have seen them play with Dethklok, too. They're the band from METALOCALYPSE. If you haven't seen it, check it out. It's a hilarious cartoon about a wildly successful melodic death metal band.

Some of my favorite Mastodon songs:
-"Trilobite"
-"Crusher Destroyer"
-"March of the Fire Ants"
-"Blood and Thunder"
-"Megalodon"
-"Heart's Alive"
-"Crystal Skull"
-"Crack the Skye"

I have also seen Rammstein live, too. They are a German metal band that uses pyrotechnics! Some songs:
-"Feuer Frei"
-"Dalai Lama"
-"Moskau"
-"Rammlied"
-"Bück Dich"
-"Engel"

rammstein is a band i would love to see live. ive seen megadeth and in flames live. but yeah one to add to the list. rammstein has a music video for links 234 which is very interesting. check it out if u havent already seen it.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

13 Nov 2011, 10:34 pm

More old school metal, but I'm more likely to listen to 90's grunge.

sMeow
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Nov 2011, 5:15 am

Ye, but it's not really my favorite. I'm more in power metal.

bubbajon
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Nov 2011, 9:27 am

metal's okay but there's one band that i'm in love with and that would be dissection

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2011, 9:58 am

i'm more into the lighter, melodical metal, older metellica or apocalyptica for example; although i do have my moments where i 'need' some heavier s**t and spin up some lordi or dragonforce...

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2011, 2:31 pm

Dragonforce is a studio band. I saw them a year ago in concert and they couldn't play so they turned the amps way down so you couldn't hear them playing random notes.

theemor
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Nov 2011, 2:38 pm

I voted, 'Yes' even though I don't like the really heavy stuff so much, more Disturbed, Iron Maiden, etc. which I find to be very soothing. Though I guess they could be considered more Rock than Metal.

sMeow
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Nov 2011, 4:00 pm

Quote:
Dragonforce is a studio band. I saw them a year ago in concert and they couldn't play so they turned the amps way down so you couldn't hear them playing random notes.

Ye. It's just impossible to play like this, Through the fire and flames is the best exemple I think, I don't know one band of Power metal... no, I don't know one band who can play like this in live.

Quote:
older metellica

Me too... the last album with Lou Reed, it's, it's... pfff, the band doesn't exist anymore for me.

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2011, 6:16 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
More old school metal, but I'm more likely to listen to 90's grunge.

Same here.

JediGirl77
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Nov 2011, 4:48 pm

I love Dragonforce and at the moment I am really into Nightwish but they're not heavy metal but symphonic metal I think... a lot of people who like Nightwsh seem to like the stuff from before 2005 with their old singer Tarja, I do to but I also like the new stuff from Anette Olzo

Nightwish latest single:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAagiSp_5Mc[/youtube]

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2011, 6:39 pm

JediGirl77 wrote:
I love Dragonforce and at the moment I am really into Nightwish but they're not heavy metal but symphonic metal I think... a lot of people who like Nightwsh seem to like the stuff from before 2005 with their old singer Tarja, I do to but I also like the new stuff from Anette Olzo

you might like samael. its similar but heavier. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67dc9JJU_J0[/youtube]

theaspiemusician
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Dec 2011, 9:00 am

i LOVE children of bodom!! !! !

black_legion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Dec 2011, 3:12 pm

I love metal, my favourite bands at the moment are Five Finger Death Punch and a lesser known industrial metal band called mnemic and hopefully if I can get myself a job soon I'll be buying myself a weekend ticket to download. :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR3o8yXIl24[/youtube]

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2011, 9:25 pm

I like Dragonforce. I also like Iron Maiden. By the way my dad got to privately interview Iron Maiden, they offered him tickets for their concert, but he had to decline them by federal law.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html