Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Sunshine7
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Nov 2011, 12:18 pm

Autistic/Aspies are known to be more sensitive to external sensory stimulus.
Does this mean we enjoy sex more?

Of course, the question is moot for 2 reasons:
1. Nobody can reasonably quantify how much you enjoy sex, and even then, it would be impossible to measure
2. The chances of an aspie getting to have sex at all would appear to be slightly lower than an NT's chances.

MMonjeJr
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Nov 2011, 12:45 pm

Speaking totally for myself and not implying anything about anyone else... I think so.

At least, when I'm "on", I'm really, really going. The sensation of my clothes against my skin stops being irritating and my whole body feels wired like one big genital.

The other side is that when I'm having sensory problems, then everything hurts and I can't stand to be touched and I tend to stand a lot so that I don't have the irritation of the pressure of my own weight against a chair or a couch.

It's not so much a matter of enjoyment, I guess... it's a matter of intensity. My sexual feelings are super intense and can stop me from being able to do anything else just as much as my irritation or discomfort can sometimes. I will say that I've had days where I really don't want to be as riled up sexually as I am and I get frustrated by my inability to stop and focus on something else.

SoftlyStepping
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Nov 2011, 1:35 pm

I think emotions are a more pressing concern in a relationship.

Aspies tend to be more emotionally vulnerable due to inexperience, and are damaged more easily early on.

As one gains experience one develops a higher tolerance to relational issues such as rejection, casual acceptance, and deep intimacy.