Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2011, 12:05 am

Well, if it's any consolation... When movies are shot outside of the USA and in foreign countries, the crew has to sustain itself and as such buys from the local shops etc.

And that's not even mentionning the rights to film that they need to acquire from the city, or pay the passers-by to act as "figurants" for an outdoor scene. =/

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2011, 11:59 am

Vexcalibur wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
Hey lets make a deal and only jump down people throats on arguments the actually make. :)
I think a more constructive Idea would be a entertainment company that supports sustainable growth in the third world
as part of its business plan instead of getting riled up about arguments people may not make in the future.
a not for profit game company would be a great idea. a Digital salvation army.

Already exist.

But you will find that games are horrendously millionaire projects for a good reason. The big label games are multi-disciplinary as heck and require quite the labor. Game labels not focused on profit tend to bring poorer products, and that's the reason you are not playing them.

the answer . . . Browser and phone games.
Flash.

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2011, 5:12 pm

JakobVirgil wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
getting riled up about arguments people may not make in the future.

Why is it that people assume they rile me? It's fairly rare for me to actually feel angry, but I get told by others that I'm angry quite a bit. I think it funny actually, especially when people say that they are seeking to anger me, practically proclaiming it with trumpets and fanfare even sometimes, and yet I'm not.

JakobVirgil wrote:
a not for profit game company would be a great idea. a Digital salvation army.

That would indeed be cool.

Tone is an issue that we all have trouble with (humans not just aspies)

I suppose so, and the tendency of humans to assume the worse about others rather than the best.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2011, 5:50 pm

I saw battlefield 3 the other day.

No single arabic sentence in that game is correct.....

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2011, 7:07 pm

The poor of the world do get paychecks from the film industry.

India has had the most prolific film industry on the planet for over half of a centurey. And since the fall of the Berlin Wall virtually all American period piece historic dramas are filmed in former communist Eastern Europe -which can use the hard currency.

So I dont see why the film industry should singled out for being beaten up on.

If you want to help a poor country via showbiz I suppose you could do a reality show set in Somaliland. Film the real life mel gibson style road warriors, and the real life johnny depp type pirates who live there in their everyday real lives. "Real Road Warriors, and Pirates of Somalia". It might compete with "Real Housewives of ", and "Ice Road Truckers" etc.