Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

magicbus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Nov 2011, 5:12 am

I had a falling out with a friend a while back. I waited a long time (over a year) so I could completely get over what was bothering me. Now I'd like to apologize and see if we can be friends again. However, I'm still unsure of how I want to do it: by letter or in person. I asked some of my friends and they said a letter would be better, because it is less stressful and allows them to think over what you've said, but I personally would prefer talking because a letter seems like a cop-out to me. Talking would seem more sincere but it's also a window to conflict.

Thoughts, please?

Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2011, 5:38 am

I think a letter would be better as it allows your friend time to reflect on what you have said and how they feel about that.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2011, 8:34 am

It took you a whole year! If it took you THAT LONG, maybe it's not worth pursuing. Do you want to go back because you're alone now. Try to meet other people. If it was you who was in the wrong, you'll need to get off your high horse if you expect to maintain a proper friendship with anyone. It should take a whole lot less than "more than a year". Sorry, but that's how I feel. I mean, face it! What are you - royalty? GOSH!! ! :roll:

jackbus01
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2011, 8:53 am

I would do it in writing, but it would keep it brief say under half a page. If you make it too long-winded someone is less likely to read it. Then at the end I would say that maybe you can talk sometime and include your phone number.

jackbus01
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2011, 8:56 am

RightGalaxy wrote:
It took you a whole year! If it took you THAT LONG, maybe it's not worth pursuing. Do you want to go back because you're alone now. Try to meet other people. If it was you who was in the wrong, you'll need to get off your high horse if you expect to maintain a proper friendship with anyone. It should take a whole lot less than "more than a year". Sorry, but that's how I feel. I mean, face it! What are you - royalty? GOSH!! ! :roll:

Am I missing something? It seemed like a sincere question that merited a reasonable response. Why the attitude? :?

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2011, 9:40 am

i think a letter would be better indeed, especially if it is over a year ago.
try to keep it short and to the point though, shortly remember him of the situation, briefly mention your feelings about it, say you are sorry and offer to get in contact again so you can explain better; if he wants you to.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2011, 5:10 pm

I think it depends on what the argument was about. Would you care to give us a brief summery of what happened, unless it's private that is.

Frances