Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2011, 2:44 pm

I hate when people who know talking on the phone is quite stressful for me, give me crap for not answering the damn thing when someone calls for them. My moms boyfriend always does that and one of these times I am going to go off on him because I'm sick of it....it's like he enjoys trying to make me feel like crap for it. Does anyone else have to deal with anyone like that?.....but besides that it's not like it's my responsibility to answer the phone when people are usually calling for him, my mom and sometimes my brother but me and my brother mostly use our cell phones.

And should I wait till next time to seriously confront him, or should I just bring it up soon and tell him he better stop if he doesn't want problems?

OrangeCloud
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Nov 2011, 2:54 pm

Yeah I have exactly the same problem, my mom runs a rabbit business and the phone rings all the time and it's never for me, it's always people wanting to buy rabbits. I get stressed and uncomfortable on the phone, and the last thing I want to do is answer the phone all day to pretentious people who want to buy rabbits. And I've tried to explain this to everyone, but my moms boyfriend and others moan at me because they don't understand.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2011, 3:35 pm

I'm not keen on the phone either. I haven't properly mastered the art of conversation and even with my daughter the conversation on the phone is strained. I'm OK with texting though.

snpeden
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Nov 2011, 6:37 pm

He has no reason to bug you about this. What year do we live in that he/his friends don't know how to use voicemail or answering machines? Just be clear that no matter what way he continues to handle it, your actions will be the same so the effects of his whining are not what he intends. Can't stand this either.