Page 16 of 16 [ 255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 5:32 am

Here are some articles from reliable sources which indicate exercise does relieve symptoms of depression.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-11644775
http://www.nhs.uk/news/2010/11November/ ... ssion.aspx

And if I'm not mistaken, Boo met a girl in a gym so that goes to show it can be a positive way to meet other people too. Most gyms and sports clubs are low key and relaxed also so it can be good for people on the spectrum instead of going to a crowded noisy bar or nightclub.

starryeyedvoyager
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 5:05 pm

Since I know both ends of the line, I can tell you that I don't get any more attention from women now that I have those fabled abs than before when I was chubby. I do like the look of it very much, because to me, it is the price I have claimed for going through endless hardship when dropping around 30Kg, and it is something I want to keep as long as I can. Then again, I do not run around flashing my abs around, as I still feel very uncomfortable being topless, which I always did, it makes me feel naked, exposed and vulnerable, but I doubt it would change much. You could argue that I simply do not realize women paying attention to me, but I would if they suddendly started swarming towards me, which simply is not the case. What I do feel is jealousy from other guys, and it something I cannot understand.

The-Raven
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 3:42 am

starryeyedvoyager wrote:
Since I know both ends of the line, I can tell you that I don't get any more attention from women now that I have those fabled abs than before when I was chubby. I do like the look of it very much, because to me, it is the price I have claimed for going through endless hardship when dropping around 30Kg, and it is something I want to keep as long as I can. Then again, I do not run around flashing my abs around, as I still feel very uncomfortable being topless, which I always did, it makes me feel naked, exposed and vulnerable, but I doubt it would change much. You could argue that I simply do not realize women paying attention to me, but I would if they suddendly started swarming towards me, which simply is not the case. What I do feel is jealousy from other guys, and it something I cannot understand.

well done on loosing that weight!!

I think in general people find healthy looking people of both genders as more attractive, and I think being healthy feels good so its a win-win.

starryeyedvoyager
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 4:40 am

Thank you! I definitely agree that I am both way more energetic and generally more positive in attitude towards most things than before (not that I was that negative, but I do notice the difference).

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 4:43 am

Let's put it this way.

As I said before here in this thread.

The reason why 6-packs became a such popular male's attractive trait is because it's being effective for the mass.

If it wasn't effective, celebs wouldn't have them. It's a must-have for the young male celebs nowadays because it does bring more female audience, it's as simple as that, such things aren't coincidental in the Hollywood world.

While 6-packs on women never became popular because they're ineffective, even repulsive for most men.

Same can be said about the makeup/boobs/ass enhancements, they're there because they're effective.....

Even the WP's babe of year wrote an article about how effective the makeup/dressing is as it was the only way to effectively attract males.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 7:02 am

i like to poke six packs. its an impulse which is hard to control sometimes. (not saying i poke random men in the street, i mean if it's the right situation.)

AnnettaMarie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 8:52 am

I love a guy that's got a six pack, but is also quite skinny. Maybe he has the six-pack because he's so skinny?

I love a lithe look.

Onjenae
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Mar 2012, 5:55 am

Wow

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2012, 5:58 am

AnnettaMarie wrote:
I love a guy that's got a six pack, but is also quite skinny. Maybe he has the six-pack because he's so skinny?

I love a lithe look.

Lean tissue. Low BMI.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2012, 9:21 am

AnnettaMarie wrote:

I love a lithe look.

Thats the case for me. Dont need to be ripped as there isnt enough fat to cover the abs

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2012, 12:43 pm

AnnettaMarie wrote:

I love a lithe look.

That's exactly what happens. For six packs to show, you need low amounts of fat in your belly, besides having the actual muscles. For someone skinny, doing a bit of exercise will be enough.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2012, 9:41 pm

On a somewhat related topic, how do women feel about walking twigs (i.e. low body fat, not a lot of muscle)?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2012, 3:12 am

Wolfheart wrote:
Here are some articles from reliable sources which indicate exercise does relieve symptoms of depression.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-11644775
http://www.nhs.uk/news/2010/11November/ ... ssion.aspx

And if I'm not mistaken, Boo met a girl in a gym so that goes to show it can be a positive way to meet other people too. Most gyms and sports clubs are low key and relaxed also so it can be good for people on the spectrum instead of going to a crowded noisy bar or nightclub.

Not only this, not only she would be relax......

But also probably this ;):

http://news.discovery.com/human/women-e ... 20319.html

Best strategy is to chat casually with her during the gym, and to be a bit flirty with her or attempt to ask her out just after the gym session...... when her hormones are at peak levels ;D.

As for this girl, Wolfheart,d things went too platonic later, I think, and she apparently has the hots for someone else...

abyssquick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Mar 2012, 8:49 am

Most people understand the exercise part - but the other 50% of abs are made in the kitchen. You have to eat very well, in addition to exercise - and not just the strength training , also cardio (for me, it's running). I mean, you have to eat every meal healthfully - your diet has to be lean and light on sugar and fat. You have to eat less. Your metabolism has to go up, and stay up, to burn off that fat layer we all have. The midsection is very difficult to trim, and strength training won't do it - you have to hit that with a hard burn - strict diet and cardio.

It's natural for some - but in America with all the junk food, it is difficult to do for many people. I had a fat layer for a decade before I figured out how much change it took to obtain the definition of muscle in that area. It took a dietitian for a girlfriend to show me how. We eat healthfully nearly every night.

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2012, 10:30 am

Watch I Want To Look Like That Guy.