Why worry about Alpha Males?

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

CocoaBean
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Nov 2011, 2:43 am

I'm reading a book about becoming an alpha male and it's helping me somewhat. But I must say I do ignore some of the advice on purpose (for the time being) since that's totally not me. The main thing the book is teaching me is to be more courageous in public.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2011, 6:50 am

Tequila wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
You do what an omega male is supposed to do in that case: Withdraw.

Or you go and murder him.

No, that what betas do.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2011, 5:51 pm

Alphas have power, and often strong genes

One amazing alpha male I know has these massive Buddha ears. Buddha is often depicted with very large flat ears

Many alphas I know are genetically strong, and their off spring would be the same

hence the genetically programmed attraction toward the alpha by the female, strong children

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2011, 6:45 pm

Surfman wrote:
Alphas have power, and often strong genes

One amazing alpha male I know has these massive Buddha ears. Buddha is often depicted with very large flat ears

Many alphas I know are genetically strong, and their off spring would be the same

hence the genetically programmed attraction toward the alpha by the female, strong children

Yes, I can see how that would have been quite an advantage back in the Paleolithic era... :tongue:

Comp_Geek_573
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2011, 7:18 pm

"Alpha male" as many neurotypical people would think of it is something I would NOT want to be. I don't need to have lots of women chasing after me or having the "hots" for me whether I'm single or in a relationship, and if these alpha males do what they appear to do a lot, I would find that very morally wrong! A woman who I can truly live with for the rest of my life means more to me than any number of women "chasing" me.

And I would never consider an "alpha female." Most likely, they are mean to the other females to keep their alpha status, and they tend to expect me to speak too fast and without enough thought for me to even be able to hold conversations with them anyway. So I'd certainly never be one of the guys crowding around an "alpha female"! !

AQ: 33