Why worry about Alpha Males?

Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2011, 7:06 pm

Tequila wrote:
I suppose the main problem might be when you're getting along with a girl and Alpha Male is aggressively muscling in on her, bullying you and making your life hell whilst being abusive to you? What do you do then?

1. Kick him in the nuts, hard.

2. If he comes at you again, kick him him the nuts, harder.

3. Repeat as necessary.

4. If she actually responds to his overtures, he's doing you a favor - don't waste any more time on her: if she wants a douchebag she can have one.

Fullofstars
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2011, 7:19 pm

Last edited by Fullofstars on 17 Nov 2011, 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2011, 7:27 pm

Grisha wrote:
4. If she actually responds to his overtures, he's doing you a favor - don't waste any more time on her: if she wants a douchebag she can have one.

I'm thinking more of the situations where she doesn't want him but feels unable to see him off, primarily because he's being so aggressive. Those kinds of situations.

Kicking him in the bollocks won't work if you're from a small town and will run into him again.

Also, you didn't respond to my PM, you heathen. You should be spending most of your time in England.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2011, 7:34 pm

Tequila wrote:
Grisha wrote:

I'm thinking more of the situations where she doesn't want him but feels unable to see him off, primarily because he's being so aggressive. Those kinds of situations.

Kicking him in the bollocks won't work if you're from a small town and will run into him again.

Also, you didn't respond to my PM, you heathen. You should be spending most of your time in England.

I was (kind of) joking - it rarely, if ever needs to get to that point. In reality, what I would do is ask her if I she wants me to get rid of him, if she says "yes", then just do what you need
to do to extract yourselves from the situation gracefully, if that proves unworkable then escalate as necessary, a little "in-your-face" aggressive attitude goes a long way I've found, even if you're not very physically intimidating.

Yes, I did answer - I just ran out of interesting things to say on the subject...

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2011, 7:37 pm

Oh. Well, what do you want to see in the UK? Cities? "Englishy" things? Sink estates? Beer? I don't know.

I was thinking primarily in the case of a girl not being particularly secure in herself but not wanting the aggressive attention of a bunch of thugs.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2011, 7:40 pm

Tequila wrote:
Oh. Well, what do you want to see in the UK? Cities? "Englishy" things? Sink estates? Beer? I don't know.

I was thinking primarily in the case of a girl not being particularly secure in herself but not wanting the aggressive attention of a bunch of thugs.

rape doesn't usually happen from a pack of thugs. it usually happens from a familiar and seemingly safe person that the victim trusts.

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2011, 7:59 pm

Summon more ziggurats!

Kail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Nov 2011, 9:12 pm

Why worry? :s

They constantly seek attention and approval from everyone around them :s

I talked to someone before about Alpha male syndrome, Instead of it being dominant, it's actually a neurological disorder :)

mix of sociopath, overwhelming self-worth, insecurity, and perhaps many more like inferiority complex=Alpa male.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2011, 9:39 pm

I don't really care about Alpha males at all. Hell, I can get along OK with them in some instances. And as far as girls go, well, if I were to just, like go around having promiscuous sex with random women, maybe I'd care about alpha males. Maybe I'd be an "Alpha male" but as things go now, it's completely irrelevant to me.

In my opinion, it's much better to concentrate on yourself rather than those around you. You can't change "alpha males" taking all your chicks or whatever, but you can change yourself. So yeah.

Besides, "alpha males" as a term applied to humans sounds really silly.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2011, 9:49 pm

Tequila wrote:
Grisha wrote:
There's nothing on that list that anyone cannot make progress on - there are no valid excuses. Being "inferior" is a choice and being "superior" has nothing to do with how good looking you are or how much money you have.

You haven't answered my question though: what do you do if someone is muscling in on your girlfriend?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT9-qL_fh10[/youtube]

SoftlyStepping
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Nov 2011, 10:33 pm

Tequila wrote:
I suppose the main problem might be when you're getting along with a girl and Alpha Male is aggressively muscling in on her, bullying you and making your life hell whilst being abusive to you? What do you do then?

It's the beauty of the internet. It's where all the women who hate alpha males gather, and it's filled with people trying to be alpha males.

And the dudes avoid each other.

The chicks will talk though.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2011, 10:49 pm

SoftlyStepping wrote:
Tequila wrote:

It's the beauty of the internet. It's where all the women who hate alpha males gather, and it's filled with people trying to be alpha males.

[edit: image removed by hyperlexian as it contains words that evade the swear filter]

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2011, 12:37 am

hyperlexian wrote:
rape doesn't usually happen from a pack of thugs. it usually happens from a familiar and seemingly safe person that the victim trusts.

So I just leave her to it then. Fair enough.

And as for your second point: that's most likely true, although not always.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2011, 12:38 am

1000Knives wrote:
[edit: image removed by hyperlexian as it contains words that evade the swear filter]

Ha ha ha! I've not seen that before! Good stuff. :)

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2011, 12:41 am

1000Knives wrote:
SoftlyStepping wrote:
Tequila wrote:

LOL I love that pic! Absolute classic

SoftlyStepping
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Nov 2011, 1:31 am

Tons of cliches wrapped up in a package fit for print.