Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Redd
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Nov 2011, 11:55 pm

like....? shiiiiiiiit I love this job. today was my first day working in the detail department at a car dealership. Never in my life has my tendency to be obsessed with weeding out and removing all imperfections been valued. I love the way I am expected to worry about every last little imperfection in the cleanliness of the cars. I find it humorous that my co-workers, who I assume are NT's, complain about how extensively the cars must be cleaned because I actually enjoy the fact that these people want it done right instead of fast.... I LOVE right and i despise fast. I'm sure a lot of other autistic people would hate all the interaction with the other fellas in the shop this job requires but I don't mind because they are all very friendly and helpful. Although the word all implies that a lot of people work there but really it's just me and three other men. The only things I don't like is that the Acura service department shares the building with us so I have to hear a lot of crude/low brow/homophobic/racist attempts at humor going back and forth between the guys in that department and (of all people) the supervisor of mine, then the other thing I don't like is that the smell of the soap has still not come off my hands. Other then those two complaints though this is my all time favorite out of the jobs I've worked so far.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2011, 12:21 am

congrats!

LostInEmulation
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2011, 5:27 am

Congrats! :D

Penguins cannot fly because what cannot fly cannot crash!

ViewUpHere
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Nov 2011, 6:18 pm

This is awesome! Congrats!

pirate
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Nov 2011, 10:25 pm

grats

ElNy3
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Nov 2011, 2:25 am

Do you need experience to get into a car detailing position!?

ooo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jun 2012, 7:33 am

Congrats. Yay. Someone chose to work and got a job and actually likes it. :D That's refreshing around here.
Car detailing actually does sound fun.

sally7171
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Jun 2012, 7:56 pm

There have been so many negative comments about work lately, I'm thrilled you found something you like. Maybe some other folks will read your post and look into auto detailing for themselves. Best of luck!

Scottinoz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Jun 2012, 8:54 pm

It's doing it for long periods of time is the hard part imo, I've had work i liked doing and evrything fall apart all of a sudden and i lose my s**t how do you stop that from happening, I think i need to find something that i love and get enjoyment from.