Page 4 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

kirayng
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2011, 10:38 am

I've been with my Aspie male for nearly ten years. I think we love each other more because we make a constant effort at correctly understanding each other; the bonus is a lot of what we do is intuitive, but not on the same level as NTs. Our traits just manifest almost oppositely.... we've only come to know about this recently and it is making sense.

So long term relationships are certainly possible. Common? Probably not. Most human beings really don't look to themselves as the cause of their suffering... it takes years and much wisdom to realize it. How much effort are you willing to invest in a relationship? That's how high the probability is of it working out.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2011, 9:02 pm

MXH wrote:
im not so much into the aspies are all made for each other thing. Theres just as many good NTs out there to date.

This.

Matching neurology does not a good relationship make.

/the 6,374th time I've said this, because people keep bringing this same topic back up over and over :roll:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 6:47 am

aussiebloke wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
and why there's not much wp members from Asian and Middle-eastern countries?

Autism is very epidemic in the Middle-east due to the cousin marriages, so It's supposed to have a lot of Aspies there too (IF Asperger is really autism).

Thats one I haven't heard inbreeding causes Autism?

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5ivo ... qa5ZAxF4ww

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 1:33 pm

No, not inbreeding per se.

"In traditional Arab societies, cousins commonly wed, making it more likely that rare mutations will be expressed, the team said in study published in Science."

to his Interest."

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 5:16 pm

aussiebloke wrote:
prenup if all you guys are smart.

100% agreed. I've watched people's marriages go down the crapper due to one or the other side, and usually the opposite side that did nothing wrong was the one that had to pay out the nose! (I've seen this happen for both sides, a woman screwing over a man for everything they had, and a man screwing over a woman for everything THEY had).

With the much higher divorce rate, it would be very wise to get a prenup.

ToadOfSteel wrote:
If this is so commonplace, how come there's nobody itching to hook me up with anyone?

Beats the everloving Hulk outta me. It's even more stupid to get the "oh you'll find someone" but the person that said that won't help you hook up with anyone. People also always say "well, if you have a ton of friends of the opposite sex, they may be willing to help you out" but that only works if you're like you're some super-popular guy or girl or at the very least someone who has nothing really wrong with them. If you have anything wrong with you they won't help you any more than a shot in the foot will. This is from my experience, anyway. Only thing you can do is sit and hope, and even that is difficult.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 5:24 pm

Hello, Miss Minx,

Now that you know about AS, how would you select a potential date?

ManicMinx
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Nov 2011, 5:34 pm

shrox wrote:
Hello, Miss Minx,

I would keep trying to date Aspies simply because it's my preference, and if a NT is quirky and weird I would consider him too. It all depends on what captures my attention and how well we get along. How I would go about this is simply by letting them know I'm interested. I'm not afraid to make a move. I think a lot of members in this forum are ignorant by saying that ALL Aspies are incapable of interacting or being good partners.

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 5:37 pm

I'm lovely.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 5:38 pm

ManicMinx wrote:
shrox wrote:
Hello, Miss Minx,

I would keep trying to date Aspies simply because it's my preference, and if a NT is quirky and weird I would consider him too. It all depends on what captures my attention and how well we get along. How I would go about this is simply by letting them know I'm interested. I'm not afraid to make a move. I think a lot of members in this forum are ignorant by saying that ALL Aspies are incapable of interacting or being good partners.

Yes, I was a great husband, my former wife's friends used to say to their husbands, "why can't you be more like Shrox?" Oh, that scored points with the men...not.

ManicMinx
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Nov 2011, 6:19 pm

shrox wrote:
Yes, I was a great husband, my former wife's friends used to say to their husbands, "why can't you be more like Shrox?" Oh, that scored points with the men...not.

LOL Yeah, it's just a common misconception. Take a look at all the NTs who are unstable as well. It's got a lot to do with personality, not the diagnosis.

Lastdaysguy
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Dec 2011, 10:24 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
That's what I like about female Aspies as well, although a lot of it does stem from my struggling with the nonverbal stuff.

I'm male Aspie and I'd rather hookup with a female Aspie because I've had enough talking to N.T women, who pretend to be single when they're already in a relationship. They would flirt with me in a more sexual way than causal. I now tend to be more suspicious with regular women now because why do they say, they'll call you but they don't? Even if I should enter a relationship with a regular woman, I'd be wasting her time because I wouldn't be acting like I wanted to be in it, I'd be acting more like somebody is pointing a gun at you.