Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ManicMinx
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Nov 2011, 2:27 am

I now realize I have met some Aspie males in the past before I was diagnosed. No wonder I found you guys so appealing! You spoke my language, but I scared you away because in the end, you still had the mentality of an average male. Boo. Discuss why aspies should date each other.

Sextaesada
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2011, 4:33 am

I don't know, I've never dated another aspie. :cry:

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2011, 4:42 am

im not so much into the aspies are all made for each other thing. Theres just as many good NTs out there to date.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2011, 7:11 am

I don't really think there's a fundamental difference between dating Aspies and NTs as long as you both understand how the condition affects your relationship, especially your ability to communicate effectively.

If an NT can't accept/recognize/adapt to your condition, then you are going to have problems, if they can, it can be just as good or better than dating an Aspie.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2011, 7:14 am

ManicMinx wrote:
I now realize I have met some Aspie males in the past before I was diagnosed. No wonder I found you guys so appealing! You spoke my language, but I scared you away because in the end, you still had the mentality of an average male. Boo. Discuss why aspies should date each other.

You just called me, cutie?

I am free for tonight.

deconstruction
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2011, 7:59 am

Actually, I find it easier with a NT. I need a NT who understand me but is also able to get me back on track when I get too invested in my own world and forget to do the daily routine (washing the dishes, for example).

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2011, 1:26 pm

deconstruction wrote:
Actually, I find it easier with a NT. I need a NT who understand me but is also able to get me back on track when I get too invested in my own world and forget to do the daily routine (washing the dishes, for example).

I agree, it's very difficult to put two people together and say that they will share a connection or instantly be soul mates as no two people on the spectrum are the same. I think some guys like to live in the delusion that the grass is greener on the other side or that they will share a stronger connection with someone because they are on the spectrum when in fact it can be quite the opposite if two people misunderstand each other and both suffer from emotional blindness. I'd imagine it would take a strong amount of mutual understanding, compromise and respect for two people on the spectrum to maintain a long term relationship.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2011, 2:20 pm

Yes, we are the bomb!

I am very mild AS though.

ManicMinx
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Nov 2011, 2:23 pm

I just love how quirky and weird they are. Normal people can be snobby and be like WTF is wrong with that guy, and i'll totally be swooning.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2011, 2:25 pm

That's what I like about female Aspies as well, although a lot of it does stem from my struggling with the nonverbal stuff.

ManicMinx
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Nov 2011, 2:31 pm

Wolfheart wrote:
I agree, it's very difficult to put two people together and say that they will share a connection or instantly be soul mates as no two people on the spectrum are the same. I think some guys like to live in the delusion that the grass is greener on the other side or that they will share a stronger connection with someone because they are on the spectrum when in fact it can be quite the opposite if two people misunderstand each other and both suffer from emotional blindness. I'd imagine it would take a strong amount of mutual understanding, compromise and respect for two people on the spectrum to maintain a long term relationship.

False. I know two guys and one girl who prefer being in long term relationships and know how to maintain it, as long as they feel the connection. If the connection is not there, we tend to call it quits and I don't think that's a bad thing either. Let's not generalize here, because not all aspies are emotionally crippled. And I'm not saying all aspie males are fun, but a lot of them tend to be. :wink:

ManicMinx
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Nov 2011, 2:57 pm

No wait, I know three guys and two girls who are aspies, and all of them are in committed relationships. I hooked two of them together and they connected instantly and have been married for a couple of years now. Ahhh, true love <3

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2011, 3:36 pm

ManicMinx wrote:
I just love how quirky and weird they are. Normal people can be snobby and be like WTF is wrong with that guy, and i'll totally be swooning.

That's how my new girl-thing is - it's an amazing feeling to have your oddness suddenly turn into an asset rather than a liability :heart:

ManicMinx
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Nov 2011, 6:10 pm

Grisha wrote:
That's how my new girl-thing is - it's an amazing feeling to have your oddness suddenly turn into an asset rather than a liability :heart:

Exactly, like two peas in a pod :cyclopsani:

monkees4va
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Nov 2011, 6:17 pm

I love aspie guys. They are usually shy, intelligent in their own field of interest or 'quirky'. All this makes me swoon. They seem to understand me better. Plus they seem to be as loyal as you can get.
By intelligent I don't even mean academically. I dated an aspie who loved exercise, and knew so much about that area. It was amazing to have a conversation with someone who knew so much about a subject, and also tried to understand my own interests.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 65 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2011, 6:23 pm

ManicMinx wrote:

What we're you expecting?
Of course, aspie guys are still guys. Just many of us aren't very good at sports.
But our brains, though wired a little different, are still under the influence of testosterone.

Actually, I think I might prefer an NT woman. Someone to translate for me.
I'll bet it would actually be more of a challenge for two aspies to hook up.