Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

SoundOfRain
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Nov 2011, 3:47 am

Hello!

I've watched some great videos made my Aspies and Autistics on YouTube.

I'd love to see more. Flood YouTube with videos! This has got to be one of the best and most accessible ways of creating authentic representation of individuals and the lives of people on the spectrum.

On a second note.. I've found it very helpful to watch a certain aspie lady's videos. Watching her talking, acting, seeing and hearing her feelings, etc, just confirmed to me that I do have Aspergers. This is important to me as I am an aspie in the closet. I don't have my own community or talk to friends and family. These videos are helping me. So I say, more videos. There's lots I was to learn! A young autistoc man's video has really inspired me. They must be helping other too. I reakon there is a huge potential for parents to share and learn (and de-stress even) by interaction with the wider parent community they find on the internet.

There is something about watching a video which is closer to real life than the written word. My thoughts.

Soundofrain

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 9:39 pm

lol too bad those videos are not getting watched. they are under all the conspiracy theory vids in views. we should have a clickathon to get more views :roll:

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2011, 9:16 am

I hope to upload some under my website name "soon"

Tambourine-Man
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 1:07 pm

Here's mine...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnekINAOADI[/youtube]

SoundOfRain
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Jan 2012, 6:04 am

I found this on my own and watched it, it was great :-)

I want more videos! :-D

Soundofrain

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 1:48 pm

Tambourine-Man wrote:
Here's mine...

That was nothing short of awesome! :D I'm the same way with clothes, but in my case it extends to hats (I only recently began enjoying wearing them ~ used to hate them ~ but I have only two, and don't want any more).

What really hit me was how it ended. All the way through your interchanges with your sister I was thinking about daily conversations I have with a couple of friends in the complex I live in. They last anywhere from ten to fifteen minutes at a time, a couple of times a day. If they don't cut it short, I have to. I don't think it appears awkward to them when I do it, but no matter how practiced I get at it, it FEELS damned awkward every time. Even though I've done it hundreds of times, every single time I walk away wondering if I cut it off too quickly and came across as a jerk. Funny how that never seems to go away.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

theaspiemusician
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jan 2012, 3:35 pm

I was planning to make one, but there ARE going to be bits where I'll joke around about it and kind of make a fool of myself (I know myself, I'd defidentally end up doing that) Hopefully I don't accidentally make new stereotypes...especially because I dress like the opposite gender and have blue hair!! !

"One pill makes you larger and one pill makes you small but the pills that mother gives you don't do anything at all"