Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

ThePrancingPony
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Nov 2011, 7:27 am

Hi there! :)
I am totally in love with this game :D although you wouldnt think I would be, because Im not atall into violence,swearing or blood! :?
Its the romantic landscapes, the history and the horses that make it for me! :D Anyone else love this game? Do you feel the same as me?

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2011, 2:40 pm

I grew up watching spaghetti westerns and I think RDR might just be my favorite game of all time!

Playing the game is like being in a Sergio Leone movie! I love the characters, the tone, the action, and I really loved the ending.

As far as gameplay goes, I usually don't like multiplayer stuff, but RDR free roam is a lot of fun.

I love to posse-up and spend an hour or two taking out gang hideouts.... :D

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2011, 2:51 pm

RDR is a great game, I've been pretty addicted to it for a few months now

oneleafcloverX
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Nov 2011, 6:42 pm

I played the whole story in this game, and it sucks how John Marston gets killed at the first ending.

ThePrancingPony
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Nov 2011, 3:57 am

oneleafcloverX wrote:
I played the whole story in this game, and it sucks how John Marston gets killed at the first ending.

I know! I hate the ending! Im avioding the last mission with jack marston :P dont you hate the way Jack calls his horse a "Stupid Nag" :(

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 12:26 pm

I have it, just haven't really played it much.

RW665
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 2:59 pm

I played it non-stop when it came out. It is a fantastic game. Just roaming around looking at the landscape is fun. I loved riding my horse through the desert under the moon and stars or exploring the dark forests while it was raining, keeping an eye out for bears, it was great atmosphere.

Morbid Malign's askblog: http://askmorbidmalign.tumblr.com/

monkees4va
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Nov 2011, 5:17 pm

Amazing game. Also completed undead nightmare. Love the story, the tone and the freedom in the game.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 65 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

The Dinosaur Man
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

Location: Libraries, Museums, or even in a Galaxy Far, Far Away...

10 Nov 2016, 9:31 am

I love this game, and I agree with you on the history and the breath-taking and scenery, sometimes you can just explore for hours and see what you find. I also like how Rockstar set the game in 1911 (1914 when playing as Jack), when the time of the 'Wild West' was coming to an end as modern technology and the federal government began taking control of the frontier. The lawlessness and ways of old were dying out, replaced by civilisation. They call it 'progress'.

I couldn't believe the ending, I really thought John was going to take them all down, but when he stepped out I knew he had no chance, he was good, but even the legendary John Marston couldn't shoot down 10-15 Army soldiers before they killed him. I was hoping he would pull a whole 'Marty McFly' trick by putting an iron plate over his chest and maybe 'play dead' but it was not to be.

And poor Jack, lost his dad, then his mother three years later. Uncle was gone, and Rufus (the family dog) was missing but possibly also killed in the attack. I think it would have been nice for Jack to find Rufus alive, the last bit of family he has.

I like to imagine what he did after the main storyline was completed. I imagine the same thing but in just slightly different ways.
1) Jack searches the attic of Beecher's Hope and find the gold bars John found with the treasure maps, worth a fortune, and gets on a train (or maybe the boat from the opening intro scene) and head for San Francisco with Rufus to start a new life with enough money to do it.
2) Almost the same, except Jack finds the first treasure map and decides to follow it up, which leads him on his last great tour of the American frontier. Eventually, he finds all the treasure and then heads to Blackwater to catch the boat.

I think it is a great story, and still one of my favourite games. I sometimes wish I could create my own missions, characters and add new weapons, animals and places. The sequel has been announced, I believe it will follow John during his days with Dutch's Gang, so a prequel, and we will see how he was abandoned by them, met Abigail, and those BOI boys eventually taking Abigail and Jack as leverage while he hunts down his old friends.

Probably taken this reply on for a bit long, so I will end it here :)