lightening020
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 3:18 am

Panic wrote:

you know... we're the same age bub, maybe we can be friends..... :D

that being said, i think the cure to aspergers is weed XD

it used to work very well for me until i was forced to quit

Yeah message me anytime if you want to chat. I cannot smoke weed anymore because I start freaking out and get really paranoid and then I hear voices in my head and crap like that. I wish I would have never smoked honestly.

lightening020
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 3:41 am

SilverTung wrote:
I actually feel just like you. I was just trying to comfort you, as per some advice I was given. Check out my "Neurotypical People" thread in the socializing forum. Some of my advice could help you. I have never even kissed a woman, and yes it does not come natural to us (picking up the opposite sex, that is). Do you really want that though? Just wait man. Carry on with your current life. Just don't be afraid to take risks.

Yes of course I want that. I desire female companionship. I have only kissed 2 girls and both times we were both drinking so in the end it meant nothing.

I rarely take risks. Even when I know I should. I think for me it has more to do with feeling disconnected with myself.

There have been a few times I was nervous as s**t and I still managed to ask a girl out. Didn't go anywhere, all I got back was a phone number that I called and she didn't answer and all I got was silence. The NT way is to just shrug it off and keep going. Its just for me when I take a risk like that, I feel like I forcing myself so far out of my comfort zone everything just feels unreal. I just have alot more of a built up barrier. When I took those risks not only did I get rejected, but I also didn't gain any insight into why I was rejected, what I did wrong.

That has been my experience when I really try to step outside my comfort zone. I don't really want to take those kind of risks because they just don't feel natural at all. I was always more than a few steps removed from a connection with them, that is why I am guessing instead of a "regular rejection", I was just "ignored" never hearing back from them.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 6:39 am

For what it's worth, NTs have this same problem.

They say that by the end of your life, you are lucky if you can count the number of REAL friends on one hand. Lots of people will hang with you. The ones who will stand by you when all Hell breaks loose are few and far between.

It's the simple fact that most people don't bond very strongly to the people around them. They'll be your friend when times are good, but they won't risk sacrifice to be by you when things are bad.