Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

ActingUpAgain
Raven
Raven

21 Nov 2011, 2:07 pm

I focus on things of interest to me. For example, since I'm a actor, I notice when someone is not playing a character appropriately, or if they made a choice on how to portray a character in a different way than I would. Old acting joke: How many actors does it take to change a light bulb? Answer is 100 - one to actually do it, and 99 to say "I could have done that better!" 8)

I also work in the aviation industry, so I notice things about aircraft others don't. For example - if they say that they are flying a Gulfstream aircraft, I'll check the shape of the windows for their tell-tale shape to see if they actually ARE filming a Gulfstream (this tends to happen a lot on NCIS and Burn Notice). I'll file away registration numbers to look them up later sometimes.

I've know a renaissance armor maker that can't watch History Channel shows on the era, because they always get the style of armor wrong for the time period or country.

DerStadtschutz
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 2:29 pm

I don't have any trouble following the plot of a movie, but I notice tons of little details a lot of people don't seem to notice or care about at all. It bothers me when I see guns being fired without recoil or people emptying ridiculous amounts of ammo without reloading. I'll notice if a person with a certain gun fires more bullets than the magazine capacity of the gun... stuff like that. And specifically with horror movies, I can't relate to them at all because the characters are incredibly stupid and do incredibly stupid things. They never shoot a gun when they have a chance. They always wait until it's too late and waste their ammo. They NEVER make sure the enemy is actually dead, and it becomes predictable. There's a struggle, someone gets knocked unconscious or shot, and he's presumed to be dead. Then they stop paying attention to that person immediately. Then later they'll be like "yeah, it's over, he's dead. Look, there's the body." And then there's no body... that kinda stuff is so predictable and lame to me.