What have you recently learned here over the past year?

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 9:58 am

The thing that I've recently learned over the past year and especially the past month is to start threads that are related to what's going on in my life in one way or another like the one that I've started yesterday, or that Kinks one that I made in Art, Writing and Music a week and a half ago. I find that I get a more positive response by personalizing my threads, but that doesn't give me the get go to spam threads about my special interests, either. If I share something about myself like something that's going on in my life or a plan that I have, I get a better response.

I remember those threads that I was starting in the spring time. Threads about what I thought other members wanted to talk about, as my poor attempt at small talk. Fatten Up A Random Celebrity or Which Death Would Not Affect You. You get the message. After my two latest threads, I'm going to make more threads. I just need to personalize them in a way that other members can relate to. I promise that I will not make any more poor attempts at small talk.

Last edited by CockneyRebel on 20 Nov 2011, 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 7:17 pm

So you basically learned to just be yourself. That's a very valuable lesson to learn. :)

I have learned that a lot of people on this website care about me.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 7:22 pm

I've learned that I have even less figured out than I thought. Also, I've learned that I kind of suck.

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 8:34 pm

The world doesn't need me that much to keep on doing what it always has done. The only thing you can control is how you feel and respond to where everything ends up taking you.

jackbus01
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 12:14 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
The thing that I've recently learned over the past year and especially the past month is to start threads that are related to what's going on in my life in one way or another like the one that I've started yesterday, or that Kinks one that I made in Art, Writing and Music a week and a half ago. I find that I get a more positive response by personalizing my threads, but that doesn't give me the get go to spam threads about my special interests, either. If I share something about myself like something that's going on in my life or a plan that I have, I get a better response.

I remember those threads that I was starting in the spring time. Threads about what I thought other members wanted to talk about, as my poor attempt at small talk. Fatten Up A Random Celebrity or Which Death Would Not Affect You. You get the message. After my two latest threads, I'm going to make more threads. I just need to personalize them in a way that other members can relate to. I promise that I will not make any more poor attempts at small talk.

From everything that I have read about you on your posts, it sounds like some of your struggles in life amount to being comfortable with yourself. I am glad that posting interesting things and not trying to be something that you are not. Small talk sucks anyway.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 12:15 pm

That I'm a rather divisive character?

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 12:31 pm

People are strange.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 12:32 pm

Moog wrote:
People are strange.

When you're a stranger?

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 12:33 pm

Moog wrote:
People are strange.

Did you read about the actor who voiced Zippy in Rainbow? He's fallen on hard times now. Some of the life stories of these actors are quite fascinating in themselves.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 3:26 pm

i learned that people often genuinely care.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 3:29 pm

jackbus01 wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

From everything that I have read about you on your posts, it sounds like some of your struggles in life amount to being comfortable with yourself. I am glad that posting interesting things and not trying to be something that you are not. Small talk sucks anyway.

Thank you. I'm also glad. There are so many people who are afraid to be themselves these days. I'm glad I'm not one of them. :)

Circle989898
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 3:34 pm

That I have learned a lot about myself. Boy was I a wreck when I started.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 6:19 pm

Tequila wrote:
Moog wrote:
People are strange.

Did you read about the actor who voiced Zippy in Rainbow? He's fallen on hard times now. Some of the life stories of these actors are quite fascinating in themselves.

Well the stars rise and fall

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 6:46 pm

Trivia.

The year is still young.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 6:50 pm

Tequila wrote:

I learned this.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 6:52 pm

Moog wrote:
I learned this.

Have you been on the drink?