Level of functioning declining with age

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Nov 2011, 1:15 pm

I have noticed that a few people posted about things changing when they left college and started work. That was when things started to deteriorate for me, too. After the set routine of campus, it was like culture shock to be expected to use what I had learned in an everyday work setting. I was floundering most of the time, and feeling more and more like a fake. All that constant compensating burned me out, I believe.

ActingUpAgain
Raven
Raven

21 Nov 2011, 2:22 pm

I would also say that this may be due more to depression than a "worsening" of autism. Regardless, it's worth bringing up to your physician. You might also have them check your thyroid levels, vitamin levels and testosterone levels.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 2:32 pm

My Aspergers has got worse/more intense ever since I had my first psychotic episode. I've had 12 hospital admissions since then and a diagnosis of schizophrenia, and my AS is really exemplified, to the point that I need a full-time support worker at uni and I live in supported housing with considerable support from my CMHT (Community Mental Health Team - I live in London).