Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2006, 8:49 pm

If you've ever seen Inside the Actors Studio then you've heard these questions before:

Favorite word:Why

Least favorite word: Tie between No or ointment

What turns you on? (meaning what excites you or makes you happy) Enthusiasm

What turns you off? Ignorance

What sound or noise do you love? A good rainstorm

What sound or noise do you hate? A dog whining

What profession other than yours or in the future would you like to attempt? Writer

What profession would you not like to attempt? Stock Broker :P

If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates? Come on in, relax.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2006, 10:53 pm

Favorite word: Hmmm... "inordinate" or "inordinately"

Least favorite word: "failure"

What turns you on? (meaning what excites you or makes you happy) Psychology and being good at it. :D

What turns you off? failing, being imperfect moreso than I want to be...

What sound or noise do you love? Well, classical music is great but sometimes just the sound of crickets at night is utterly soothing.

What sound or noise do you hate? People talking when I'm either trying to concentrate or when I'm nervous and go into noise-sensory overload. For some reason, voices irk me then more than anything.

What profession other than yours or in the future would you like to attempt? Famous artist? Or should that just be "artist" and let fame be up to fate?

What profession would you not like to attempt? Either a politician or a lawyer. Good money, but mostly scum of the earth.

If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates? "Well, Sophist, you were wrong about this whole 'God doesn't exist' thing, but on every other point in life you were right. So come... sit next to me. Jesus has gotten a bit boring in his old age. I want someone new and fresh to help me rule the universe." :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2006, 12:42 am

Favorite word: Samurai

Least favorite word: Ignorance

What turns you on? Good music

What turns you off? A crowded place

What sound or noise do you love? The sound that makes a long object, like a sword or a wooden stick, when it cuts the wind.

What sound or noise do you hate? A crying spoiled brat kid, this make my ears explode

What profession other than yours or in the future would you like to attempt? Robot Designer

What profession would you not like to attempt? A Reggaeton singer

If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates? Come on, pass through the gate. Feel you as you were in your own house, cuz all this is yours 8)

AspieGurl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Oct 2006, 12:21 pm

If you've ever seen Inside the Actors Studio then you've heard these questions before:

Favorite word: Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious because it’s not a real word not really.

Least favorite word: none I love all words.

What turns you on? (meaning what excites you or makes you happy) knowledge learning things
What turns you off? Stupid people in large groups

What sound or noise do you love? The sound of skateboard wheels on concrete

What sound or noise do you hate? Children crying/ the sound of a lot of people talking at once

What profession other than yours or in the future would you like to attempt? Neurological psychologist, theoretical physicist, fashion designer

What profession would you not like to attempt? teacher, doctor

If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates? I like your outfit.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2006, 2:17 pm

Here are my answers:

Love
Destructive
Friendship
Rejection
Water running
Fire alarms
Computer Programmer
Receptionist
You've made a lot of great efforts in your life

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2006, 6:06 pm

Favorite word: Hoe.

Least favorite word: Ointment as well(weird) and p****.

What turns you on? (meaning what excites you or makes you happy)

What turns you off? Idiots

What sound or noise do you love? I love the rain too, and the sound of the water going through the pipes when you take a bath.

What sound or noise do you hate? The leaf blowers!

What profession other than yours or in the future would you like to attempt? Doll Designer

What profession would you not like to attempt? Professional Baseball Player

If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates? I wouldn't.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 7:18 pm

bumpers

DrowningMedusa
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 7:41 pm

Favorite word: This question confuses me... too many words... I like "vacuum", "concurrence"

Least favorite word: This question also confuses me... too many stupid words... hate the word "shiite"

What turns you on? (meaning what excites you or makes you happy) Music, words, computers, sculpting, painting

What turns you off? Social hypocrisy, long boring conversations, pointy shoes

What sound or noise do you love? a cat licking itself in a completely quiet room, anything repetitive and gentle

What sound or noise do you hate? Motors, anything sudden and loud

What profession other than yours or in the future would you like to attempt? animation, rock star, car mechanic, race car driver, pilot, comic book artist

What profession would you not like to attempt? Hospitality / restaurants, sales, insurance, taxes, management... the list goes on and on

If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates? You are free, at last...

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 7:46 pm

What turns you off? pointy shoes and people that wear pants that are way to long for them. Just watching the bottom of those pants sag arounds all day...
also people with the kind of hair cut where the hair always gets in their eyes. The bangs constantly fall in front of their eyes. I want to grab a pair of scissors and cut off those bangs. :)

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2006, 3:47 pm

tinky wrote:
What turns you off? pointy shoes and people that wear pants that are way to long for them. Just watching the bottom of those pants sag arounds all day...

And what about people who choose to wear those kinds of trousers in the pouring rain, as well? The material touches the floor, and you can see how it's just soaked it up like blotting paper.

SilentBedlam
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Oct 2006, 4:21 pm

Favorite word: No single word, but I always liked "eclectic", "sesquipedelian", "f**k", "verdant", "squib" and a thousand others...

Least favorite word: Can't think of one I don't like. "Bilge" maybe?

What turns you on? (meaning what excites you or makes you happy: Music; Singing; Thinking; Flying; Theme Parks; Acoustics; Philosophy; Calm Conversation; Chemistry; Cats; Science in General; The Esteemed but Occasional J. Spliff Toker and His Consort Lady Shrubbery & Friends; Long Blonde Hair on an Unstereotypically Intelligent Head; Logic; Rare Steak and Chips; People (Specific Clause); Storms; [Boing™]; Target Sports... Sorry - getting carried away - Widor, Reger, and Beefsteak for three.

What turns you off? Vanity/Superficiality; "Society" - particularly the uncivilised kind; Being Patronised, particularly by condescending Old Women; Dull Conversation, Vegetarianism (Sorry all - I'm sorry - I just can't understand the idea of not eating meat); Overt Feminism; Positive Discrimination; The Sun & Bright Lights; Badly Performed Music; People (General Clause);

What sound or noise do you love? Silence; Music; Thunder; Wind Rustling Leaves; Fingernails oon Chalkboard/Forks On Plates (Really! :wink: )

What sound or noise do you hate? Ticking Clocks (Because I can't ignore them!! :evil: ); Air Conditioning Units; Pop Music; Multiple Conversations; Screechy Laughter; French Accents

What profession other than yours or in the future would you like to attempt? Professional Origamist.

What profession would you not like to attempt? Suicide Bomber.

If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates? "You're home: we thought we'd lost you there for a while."

There is nothing about these perplexing and morally insensitive humans that cannot be solved with the aid of a heavy machine gun.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2006, 4:52 pm

Favorite word:eerie

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2006, 4:58 pm

Favorite word: Carmel

Least favorite word: Any intense swear words geared toward me...

What turns you on? Shopping!! !

What turns you off? Bullies

What sound or noise do you love? Good music, like rock.

What sound or noise do you hate? Bad music, like country.

What profession other than yours or in the future would you like to attempt? Either being a marketing executive, real estate broker, or lawyer.

What profession would you not like to attempt? Anything considered "blue-collar"...

If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates? "Welcome to Heaven. Please enjoy your stay." (lols sounds like a hotel manager)

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Oct 2006, 4:58 pm

Favorite word: sesquipidalian

Least favorite word: feces

What turns you on? (meaning what excites you or makes you happy) ocean

What turns you off? too loud

What sound or noise do you love? mozart

What sound or noise do you hate? construction

What profession other than yours or in the future would you like to attempt? writer

What profession would you not like to attempt? doctor

If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates? come in, your mom's over there, your father's not here.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2006, 5:07 pm

What sound or noise do you hate?: whisper conversations i.e.:whispering: OMG, did you see what she was wearing?
Yeah! i knoowwuh,gosh.

IrishEyes
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2006, 5:47 pm

Favorite word: Believe

Least favorite word: I don't have any words I dislike, but I hate shortened things like u instead of you and u r instead of you are etc....

What turns you on? Music, My pets and chocolate. :lol:

What turns you off? BIG crowds.

What sound or noise do you love? waves and waterfalls.

What sound or noise do you hate? The squeaky door at work :evil: torture, screaming kids and the buzzing from fluorescent lights.

What profession other than yours or in the future would you like to attempt? Animal welfare.

What profession would you not like to attempt? Telephone sales.

If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates? WELLCOME IrishEyes!! !
Sit down, put your feet up and I will put the kettle on. SWEET!! ! :lol:

Last edited by IrishEyes on 31 Oct 2006, 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.