Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 7:09 pm

Anyone else here have a messed up circadian rhythm in that they tend to find it easier to sleep in the day and stay up all night? Any night owls out there?

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 7:47 pm

Who says that is a messed up rhythm? I have always been of the belief that there is no UNIVERSAL standard for it when it comes to humans. Sure the majority may be diurnal, but there are and always have been deviations to the so called 'norm'. In fact its been suggested by numerous studies that sleep patterns changed drastically ever since the industrial evolution.

as for me, the time of day i have always felt best at was Dusk, so anywhere from 6Pm to 10PM depending on time of year being my most AWAKE point in which I felt good unlike the total s**t I feel like sticking to the "modern majority" sleep cycle.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 7:48 pm

*hoot! hoot!*

Just need to block out light and sight from my bedroom without the need of closing my window while I sleep.

dragonbean
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Nov 2011, 9:02 pm

Ohyes. I'm not awake until about 9 and am dead tired from about noon to 4. Then I can stay up just fine until roughly 2 AM.
This makes my last class period in school very difficult :?

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 9:04 pm

Oooooh yes, that's me.

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 9:09 pm

If it bothers you, you could take melatonin.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 9:18 pm

fraac wrote:
If it bothers you, you could take melatonin.

It seems to bother society more than me!

Personally I sleep best when I sleep from 5 am to around midday (give or take). My brain is at its most active and creative at night. I also have more physical energy than I do in the day so I really hate sleeping at a time when my brain is at its most alert. But it can cause problems with functioning. For example, I am presently on disability and my official diagnosis is Social Anxiety, depression and anxiety (although I suspect an ASD). Now when I went to the job centre for a work related interview (I am in the WRAG group) I asked if there were any jobs I can do from home. But the man simply replied with "Well most peoples ideas about working from home don't work out so we would rather you got over your problems completely and got a regular job".

Err I am 36, I have had my problems for 36 of those years...good luck if they think they can aim for complete recovery and turn me into a social butterfly!

Now I could apply for a regular job that works night shifts due to my sleep issues but I don't drive, live out in the countryside and there are no buses in the evening etc at all. Only a very limited service during the early hours of the day and afternoon.

Peoples solution "move into the city" Err no, its too noisy and crowded in the city for me!

I thought working from home might have been a good solution, especially if I can work flexible hours. This means I can work at odd times at night and I can also get the peace and quiet I need to be able to concentrate on my job. I really don't work well in noisy environments...they stress me out. I also tend to need my routines and I can work around them that way.

Apparently though I have to make myself normal.

God that is going to be impossible, I have not been normal since birth lol.

I mean at 5 years old other little girls were playing mummies and daddies with their dolls, meanwhile my dolls were sitting in a pile getting dusty whilst I was at Barclays and LLoyds collecting bank forms or lining my brothers toy cars up all over the front room floor.

Strange kid = weird adult lol

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2011, 1:09 am

I was like that when I was very small. my circadian rhythm seemed to correct itself when I was 2 and a half.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2011, 1:16 am

I have often tried to become one of the diurnals, but always without sseccess.

tehtactics
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Nov 2011, 1:54 am

the rhythm i always found most natural was sleeping from 7 AM to 3 PM

Christopherwillson
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2011, 5:28 pm

i sleep the best from 6-7 am to 2-3 pm.

Aspie score: 182-200

Don't know what to say.

puff
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Dec 2011, 6:05 pm

I feel like I've been sleeping too much, but I don't know if it's because I'm forcing anything. I feel rested at about 12:30 pm, no matter when I go to sleep. I've been trying to get on a better schedule, so last night I went to bed at 11pm and woke up naturally at 8 (some would say that's a lot of sleep). Then I felt tired at 10 so I fell back asleep until 12:30.

Maybe I should just sleep 7 or 8 hours from 5 am to 12:30pm and see if that works. It feels like I just need an excess of sleep to feel rested. But it also feels like I tire myself out in the morning researching, reading, and thinking.

Katz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Dec 2011, 1:23 am

Not only do I tend to be a night owl, my circadian rhythm rarely sticks to a 24-hour cycle. More like 25 or 26 hours.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2011, 1:34 am

When I'm not in school, my awake hours are from 2-4PM until 4-7AM the next day.

My natural rhythm also seems to be about 25 hours, not 24.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

30 Dec 2011, 5:07 am

bumble wrote:
Anyone else here have a messed up circadian rhythm in that they tend to find it easier to sleep in the day and stay up all night? Any night owls out there?

My current sleep schedule is anywhere from 7 am-10 am until 2 pm-7 pm. I was more like 2-4 am until 10-noon before that, but I got some medication to help me sleep. It helps me sleep, but my sleep schedule reset itself to this, which is my more typical schedule. I've spent a lot of my adult life trying to change my sleep schedule from nocturnal to diurnal, and it doesn't really stick for long.

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2011, 1:37 pm

I have about a 25 hour cycle so my sleep patterns go around the clock. This was terrible when I did 9-5 because every few weeks I would be tired out all day and not sleeping at night, then it would go back to normal and I would sleep well at night for a week then it would start to get out of hand again.