Page 2 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Wallflower
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Nov 2011, 2:29 am

[deleted]

Last edited by Wallflower on 29 Nov 2011, 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

skenasis
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Nov 2011, 2:46 am

Blunt, sarcastic, and very, very dry.

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 3:32 am

It ranges from witty and sarcastic to laughing at a guy getting hit in the head with a coconut.

nintendofan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Nov 2011, 5:25 am

ok

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 11:29 am

This is my daughter's 'joke':
Knock, knock
Who's there?
Mr Banana Head

She thinks this is hilarious. Obviously the image of a man with a banana for a head is quite funny. She's 6yrs old next week. Most of her peers are able to tell and get regular jokes (at least the party cracker ones). So far, nothing with her, but she's full of fun, nonetheless.

My sense of humour is pretty standard, I think. I get satire, sarcasm, visual comedy, situation comedy, puns, the lot and I go to comedy clubs and festivals. I've been told that I'm funny, when I'm describing situations, but I can't tell a joke. I remember trying to be funny/silly at school and some kids thought I was thick, instead of only kidding.

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 2:37 pm

I like spoofs, absurd humor and outrageous exaggerations.

I think "Airplane!" and "Top Secret!" are the two funniest movies ever, and "I Dream of Jeannie" and "The Nanny" the two funniest sitcoms.

My favorite cartoon strip at the moment is "Scary Gary", but my all-time favorite cartoon is from "Beetle Bailey":

My jokes are usually absurd or consist in insulting a third person I know the other person dislikes, and they go down well with most (not all) people.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 4:08 pm

Hmm. I think my humor is pretty much nonexistent. Intellectually, I like good satire the best. IRL, I'm almost unable to pull off a joke. I don't like pun. Some slapstick humor will do, like the Coyote and Road Runner type cartoons. Sometimes my humor is racist, vulgar, offensive, dark, or plain weird. Idioms like:

"When someone throws trash out the window don't step under it."

"If someone threw s**t at you don't smear it all over yourself." (and variants)

Jokes like:

One day Peevish Piggy falls with his bicycle. The Bear just happens to walk there and asks him anxiously: "Piggy, did you hit yourself?". "Shut up you bastard, I get off my bike this way", answers Piggy...

AdamDZ
Toucan
Toucan

23 Nov 2011, 4:48 pm

Icheb wrote:
I like spoofs, absurd humor and outrageous exaggerations.

I think "Airplane!" and "Top Secret!" are the two funniest movies ever, and "I Dream of Jeannie" and "The Nanny" the two funniest sitcoms.

My favorite cartoon strip at the moment is "Scary Gary", but my all-time favorite cartoon is from "Beetle Bailey":

My jokes are usually absurd or consist in insulting a third person I know the other person dislikes, and they go down well with most (not all) people.

Airplane and Top Secret were hysterical. I also liked Kelly's Heores. The above cartoon if very funny too by my snadards :D Above all I prefer animated movies: Ice Age, The Incredibles, Despicable Me, Madagascar, Wall-E, etc.

MindWithoutWalls
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 6:02 pm

dogslife wrote:
I could not stop laughing at the idea of someone starting out an intercom page with, "Attention, hello? Yeah okay." Even now I want to crack up all over again because the "yeah okay" is just so ridiculous to me. Most people don't understand my true sense of humor, and neither do I for that matter! Ha.

One time, when I added a new person to an e-mail list, her first post started something like, "Hello? Hello? Is this thing on?" as though she were trying out a PA system microphone. I know she meant to be funny, and she was! I loved it!

I often don't get other people's jokes or get them very slowly. I've heard people joke that someone is so stupid that, if you tell a joke, they suddenly burst out laughing the next day. That's why I fake it if I don't get it.

I also sometimes find things other people intend to be funny to be scary instead, such as faces they make. If someone gets too carried away, moving around a whole lot and getting very loud, maybe even making strange sounds, that can unnerve me, too.

If I'm the one creating the humor, I don't have to worry about any of that. I only need to concern myself with whether or not my jokes go over.

Loitering is encouraged at The Wayshelter: http://wayshelter.com

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2011, 1:03 am

I am a huge fan of satire and anything witty/clever. I appreciate dry humor as well.

As for what makes me fall down on the floor laughing? Bizarre and random stuff.

An example? I can't even read the following letter without cracking up:

http://www.snopes.com/humor/letters/spree.asp

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

DJFester
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2011, 3:20 am

I think my sense of humor is more of the goofy / silly and sometimes 'thinking persons' variety. Stuff like George Carlin, Larry the Cable Guy, the original Saturday Night Live cast, Billy Crystal, David Letterman, etc...

Az29
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Nov 2011, 3:59 am

My humour varies and things that make me laugh vary too, sometimes I find a particular pun or sarcasm funny and other times I won't get it and vice versa with me making the pun or sarcastic comment sometimes it's not understood and I then have to explain the joke (same with having jokes explained to me).

On the whole I like very dark, perverted, sick, twisted and generally unacceptable forms of humour, but I can also find the silliest things hilarious , like animals doing stupid things, this gif cracks me up everytime;

Wheras programmes like family guy, the IT crowd etc have me in stitches, for those who have not heard of the IT crowd here is a compilation of clips;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHkYGv6D2Bc[/youtube]

vetwithAS
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Nov 2011, 1:40 pm

Mine spans the spectrum: dry, witty, sarcastic, off color. Sometimes VERY off color. I tend to gravitate towards people with rather dark senses of humor. I don't get in as much trouble with my jokes that way.

eleventhirtytwo
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Nov 2011, 1:47 pm

I have a pretty good sense of humour (it even used to get mentioned on my school reports)

Although, I do have a problem with people not realising when something I say is sarcastic (due to the little tonal variance in my voice)

MerciXFaveur
Raven
Raven

24 Nov 2011, 2:33 pm

Divisive

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2011, 2:36 pm

I'd say somewhat close to being like....Jeremy Clarkson.