Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

TheAstronomer
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Nov 2011, 6:41 pm

I am a teen with diagnosed Asperger's Syndrome, and it used to be that I seemed perfectly normal to outsiders, if not maybe a little "off". The only quirks I really had were avoiding eye contact, taking things too literally, and not quite being able to keep a friend for more than a few months (when I had the luck to make one). Now, I'm much more worse, and steadily decreasing, even with the help of therapy and monitoring. I rarely speak around anyone anymore; I feel less human, almost, like there's a wall separating me from everyone else; it's a lot harder for me to understand people and their emotions, even with years of developing skills and coping mechanisms on my own. People often tell me I sound like "a broken record player" now. I'm a bright person with a high IQ, but I've still been mistaken for being "ret*d" by strangers who didn't know better.
So, basically, what I'm wondering is-- is it possible for someone to regress from high-functioning Asperger's to a much more severe form? It worries me quite a bit, and it feels like I'm disconnecting from reality without a chance to get back to how I was before. I've been seriously depressed for a long while, but it doesn't feel like this is only depression or mood/behavioral problems making me like this.