Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 10:07 pm

Obres wrote:
GoonSquad wrote:
Actually, I think it would be good (long term) to see a disruption in benefits. People need to experience first hand the pain of conservativism at a practical level.

You mean like we already are? Americans aren't too good at linking cause and effect. When their benefits get cut, they're not gonna say "hey, this just happened in accordance with conservative economic policy", they're gonna say "who the f**k took away my stuff!! !???". Such is the state of American politics.

:shrug:

Okay, I'm sneaking into Canada.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 10:11 pm

GoonSquad wrote:
Obres wrote:
GoonSquad wrote:
Actually, I think it would be good (long term) to see a disruption in benefits. People need to experience first hand the pain of conservativism at a practical level.

You mean like we already are? Americans aren't too good at linking cause and effect. When their benefits get cut, they're not gonna say "hey, this just happened in accordance with conservative economic policy", they're gonna say "who the f**k took away my stuff!! !???". Such is the state of American politics.

:shrug:

Okay, I'm sneaking into Canada.

I'll look into starting an "Underground Railroad" for you yanks who wish to be emancipated in the true North :P