Were did your Username come from?

Page 3 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2011, 11:42 pm

Also, Abigrock is one of my pseudonyms. I think half of my names are just from obscure jokes.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

mntn13
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 2:38 pm

where I will live when I build my next nest - a thirteen thousand foot mountain.

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 2:40 pm

A receipt.

LrdVapid
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Nov 2011, 3:17 pm

Two friends came into work one day and asked what vapid meant. It was on a license plate in a movie they had watched. I went home and looked it up. Next day, I told them "boring, of no interest." One of my friends cocks his head to the side and says, " oh. You." Later the same week I was making up a new email address. My now ex-wife insisted that it had to be cool, not boring. LrdVapid was the first name I could come up with that wasn't taken and was acceptable to her.

lilmissoverthinker
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Nov 2011, 5:18 pm

I tend to overthink things to the point that I am not able to sleep at night, hence my username.

petitesouris
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Dec 2011, 10:33 pm

My family would complain that I was a mouse like pushover (because I would rather be inconspicuous then betray any social incompetencies), thus where I came up with the name "Petite Souris". I then decided that there is nothing wrong with being a mousy person since it is easier to be implicitly assertive then to consume too much space, as some outgoing nts do.

Last edited by petitesouris on 01 Dec 2011, 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2011, 10:38 pm

The tepid depths of Tartarus

Prisonic_Fairytale
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Dec 2011, 12:14 am

It's the title of a song on the Silent Hill 2 OST.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2011, 12:16 am

My name is Tim and I live in Texas.

DJFester
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2011, 1:06 am

Mine came about a long time ago, when I was first starting out as a DJ. At that time, my mother was going through chemotherapy, and had lost her hair because of it. In support of her, I began shaving my head. Some buddies of mine at the time were hanging out in my studio, which was in the basement. Somehow I think they got mixed up thinking of Grandpa Munster, doing his experiments in the lab... but with my shaved head, one of them just blurted out from nowhere, "You remind me of Uncle Fester, doing all these experiments in your lab!" Everybody (myself included) cracked up laughing over that, and the name just stuck with me ever since. :lol:

Ex-Ranza
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Dec 2011, 1:08 am

Mine came from an old Genesis game called Ranger X. It was a mecha-sidescrolling shoot-em-up, that would literally have 100's of enemies onscreen, at once, with no lag. I went to make a character on WoW a while back, and I couldn;t use Ranger X as a name, so I did some googling and found that in Japanese, it's called Ex-Ranza. I've used it ever since, and the variant of Exranza.

Burnbridge
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2011, 1:25 am

I do not believe in the abstraction we call time: the past does not exist, there is no going back.

Also, I seem to be really "good" at burning bridges, both with jobs and friends. Things are going great, then after a couple years ... bam! never again.

Also, I am missing most (95%+) of my childhood experiential memories, up to the time I left my parent's home to go to college. I remember only trauma from that period. I lost those memories in one catastrophic event, a sudden severance, when I was 18. I believe that I still retain those memories somewhere, but the neural pathways (bridges) to get to them are burned out.