Were did your Username come from?

Page 1 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 4:46 am

When I playing Zelda games I often name Link "Ganon" or "Ganondorf" as a joke, and the habit transferred to other games. Once I only had 7 characters for a name, so I had to shorten it somehow, so I decided on Ganondox, which also serves as a blend (I can't spell the technical word) of Ganondorf and Paradox, as I see myself as a bit of a paradox. I have several other screen names, but I probably use this one the most frequently as it's the shortest. You may also see me as Titanslayer, Ganondorfchampi(o))n, Satar Gaéoédoæ (the accents may be dropped or the ash split), Bafraid, and maybe a few others that I can't think of right now.

Where did your username come from?

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 5:16 am

I first joined WP as a parent, looking for answers, so my daughter was on my mind and I couldn't get away from the idea that I was a parent. My username should be Peanut's Mummy, but apostrophes weren't allowed. As I'm a pedant, I couldn't live with Peanuts Mummy. We don't call our daughter Peanut, ever. When I had my first pregnancy scan, she was a 7 week old embryo. She was the shape and size of a peanut.

Last edited by Mummy_of_Peanut on 23 Nov 2011, 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

VMSmith
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 7:28 am

valentine michael smith from stranger in a strange land because if he had been raised on earth and had the same traits he would have been D'xed. as it is he was born on the wrong planet. wish i hadnt though. the book was racist, sexist and homophobic and its themes wernt at all subtle.

sMeow
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Nov 2011, 8:11 am

I have a "s" on all my names, because... it's private :> And Meow, because I'm a Nekomata. Meow. :>

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 10:47 am

Sparx the dragonfly from the Spyro games :) I've always liked his name, it suits him well!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 10:49 am

Eris, Discordia, and the Illuminati - none of which exist, of course...

:wink:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Az29
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Nov 2011, 10:54 am

The letters are part of a long / strange name I often use online, the numbers were my age which is wrong, for some reason for that entire week during which I signed up I believed I was 29, oh well it'll be right next year :lol:

MacDragard
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 11:29 am

I was reading some guy's stories online and he had a character named MacDragard. I hope he won't come after me for copyright infringement.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 11:33 am

Ganondox wrote:
Once I only had 7 characters for a name, so I had to shorten it somehow, so I decided on Ganondox

Ganondox is 8 characters ;)

My username is because I couldn't think of one, way back in December 2009, but a ten pence piece lying on my desk saved me.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 11:40 am

i bought it from a man named frank

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 11:59 am

MrXxx is a martian psychiatrist from The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury. The earth crew who is greeted by him however, thinks he is part of a welcoming committee. When they tell him where they are from, they think he's taking them to some kind of Marian greeting ceremony.

At the end of the chapter, they discover they've been locked away in an asylum. Third (?) mission to mars that disappears never to be heard from again.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

DoubleSPY
Raven
Raven

23 Nov 2011, 12:12 pm

I would always play Team fortress 2 (still do) and I love the spy, he's my most played class. However when ever I would mess around with the voice commands as medic I would always hear "The Spy is a double agent" every time I used the "spy" phrase while facing one. So when I joined WP I remembered that quote and came up with DoubleSPY. Why is spy in caps you ask? well, I always did that with my name for steam so that way people would know that I belonged to a specific group, and it kinda became a habit.

Indy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 12:53 pm

I am obsessed with Indiana Jones, and all of his friends call him Indy. That's probably obvious though.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 1:25 pm

Superman! :D

Just said boy because I was a boy at the time.
And the last bit is my name.

But then I was quite smart with it because I didn't intentionally think that.

I just thought I was super.
I'm just a boy.
I'm Ian.

Basagu
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Nov 2011, 1:31 pm

I just made this one up AGES ago!

I use it in all my games i play. my little brother always goes by Basaqu. so people often confuse us when we`re playing together.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 1:36 pm

I used my rabbit's nickname. Sadly she died recently and I am sad but I feel like she lives on in my user name. Her real name was Jenifer but she was my little Jellybean.