announcing where you’ll be online for business reasons

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

tefting
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Oct 2006, 4:25 pm

As I said in another thread, I’ll be selling the jewelry I made at a craft fair/flee market type event. My question is, is it safe to announce when and where I’ll be doing this on my blog and on forums? I've heard people say "never say when and where you’ll be on your blog" but it's not like I’ll be somewhere alone or at night. It's a crowded place in broad daylight in an area with a low crime rate and incredibly fast police (this I know from personal experience that actually didn't involve crime) so I'm not sure what could "happen” My mom will be there and anyone who knows or knew me from school is over 18 and therefore will be tried as an adult if they pull any of the crap they pulled in school (not to mention stuff gets tolerated in school that gets one arrested in any other context). Announcing just might drum up business, I'm hoping.

Last edited by tefting on 03 Oct 2006, 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2006, 6:28 pm

It's still probably not a good idea. Keep your online life and your offline life separate. An online blog can be read by anyone, and I mean anyone. Bullies at school or people who want to grab money from you and run might read that blog. I'm guessing it's easy to figure you the consequences of that. In an nutshell, don't post where you'll be.

03 Oct 2006, 7:56 pm

i don't see any problem with it. what if someone want to come check out what you have for sale. It would be like if the craft fair decided not to advertise it was taking place just for the safety of those who would be selling their crafts.

tefting

09 Oct 2006, 8:35 pm

I hate to be "one of those people" but I'm a little surprised that there were only two responses.