Israel and Palestine: What is your solution?

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2011, 10:28 pm

Master_Pedant wrote:
Combine Israel with the Occupied Territories creating some new state, I dunno, "Palestine-Israel", and give everyone currently in the Occupied Territories voting rights.

That would lead inexorably towards a terrible majoritarianism on the part of the Palestinians. Coexistence with an Arab majority always comes at the price of submission.

Was not spoken of the soul.

Abgal64
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Nov 2011, 10:34 pm

My solution is get make the southern Levant a single, secular, authoritative, elective despotate where politicians are elected by their credentials instead of a representative democracy; this way, the government is much more likely to stay secular than if it was a democracy.

I suggest that the state be of the citizen-state type, not a nation-state, shall be ambivalent with regards to its citizens' beliefs and nationality; this is not possible for a nation-state but, being that a citizen-state is at its heart based on reciprocal obligation between the state and its citizens instead of on ethnicity and culture, this is perfectly possible. In the new southern Levant state, anyone who follows the state's laws, labors for it and is otherwise deemed to be useful to the state, can become a citizen regardless of ethnicity. I also suggest population transfer for social harmonization and homogenization.

The economy of this state is to be based on tourism, R&D (much like Israel already is), education and to a lesser extent secondary industry. Tourism alone should easily suffice, given the huge importance of Jerusalem to Abrahamists.

VMSmith
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2011, 8:46 am

im for a one state solution. a two state solution is what is in place now basically and thats not going so great. also israel has no right to be there anyway- the land belongs to the palestinians. i think israel needs to realise its part of the problem and be disolved as a state and the people of palestine should get their land back and the people living in what is labelled israel should get to stay as well. also fudge imperialism- america especially should stop supporting israel.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2011, 9:54 am

my proposal is to have a "steel cage match" between the two. Two go in, only one comes out.

ruveyn

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2011, 4:38 pm

Three-state solution.

I think they should make Jerusalem a city-state like the Vatican, and give all people and religions access to it. They should then give the Palestinian territories full statehood recognition, and should keep Israel's borders as they are now, minus West Jerusalem.