Yes, 42%  42%  [ 119 ]
no, 10%  10%  [ 28 ]
no, 11%  11%  [ 31 ]
Total votes : 282

transformingcar
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2011, 9:14 am

I really enjoy heavy metal music, I've been listneing to "when worlds collide" and "let the body's hit the floor" alot lately.
then of course theres Ultra mega by powerman 5000 and a set of others.

Wrackspurt
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2011, 10:04 am

It's weird probably considering that I'm really sensitive to sounds, but I love, love heavy metal music. Especially songs/bands that use deeper sounds. Its soothing to me, can often help me ground myself, concentrate.

One of my all time favs is Godsmack. When normal music that I like can sometimes irritate me of an 'off' day, I can listen to several albums of Godsmack in a row and never forward to the next song.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2011, 10:17 am

no.
i thought of starting a song called "uraniumania", but i politely declined my internal request to do so.

artrat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2011, 11:38 pm

No! In my opinion heavy metal is horrible. Most of the lyrics are nearly imposable to understand and The bass is overpowering.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2011, 12:45 am

Metal is freaking awesome!

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2011, 4:06 am

I consider Drowning Pool to be bordering more on hard rock rather than metal.

I remember a Powerman 5000 song but I can't for the life of me track it down.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2011, 8:31 am

artrat wrote:
No! In my opinion heavy metal is horrible. Most of the lyrics are nearly imposable to understand and The bass is overpowering.

That's a real narrow-minded stereotype. Most metal bands have cleanly sung lyrics that everyone can understand, and i can understand lyrics from the old-school death and black metal bands. But the crappy deathcore bands with those grunting pig squeals are the impossible ones to understand. Look up the history of metal before you insult it.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2011, 11:58 am

LexingtonDeville wrote:
artrat wrote:

That's a real narrow-minded stereotype. Most metal bands have cleanly sung lyrics that everyone can understand, and i can understand lyrics from the old-school death and black metal bands. But the crappy deathcore bands with those grunting pig squeals are the impossible ones to understand. Look up the history of metal before you insult it.

ha ha I know right.

artrat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2011, 3:37 pm

LexingtonDeville wrote:
artrat wrote:

Your right. It was a narrow-minded stereo type. I checked the wikipedia and really like some metal.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2011, 4:07 pm

artrat wrote:
LexingtonDeville wrote:
artrat wrote:

Your right. It was a narrow-minded stereo type. I checked the wikipedia and really like some metal.

Fair enough :lol: , i just loathe the whole stereotype of being unintelligible that follows metal around. In terms of metal vocalists, the likes of Bruce Dickinson, Rob Halford, Eric Adams, Ronnie James Dio (RIP) and King Diamond sing cleanly while the likes of Glen Benton, Angela Gossow, Dani Filth and Mark 'Barney' Greenway do the death growls and screams respectively.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 7:03 pm

NO! It's mainly a bunch of angry guys who can't sing, they just scream and yell unintelligibly in horrible voices. There are many songs or types of songs that make me very uncomfortable and just to be in their presence and keep me from concentrating or enjoying other things. Just this past Monday for example, my mother and I went to BK for lunch and they're playing AC/DC in the background. It was like someone was sticking nails into my brain! :wall:

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 3:15 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
NO! It's mainly a bunch of angry guys who can't sing, they just scream and yell unintelligibly in horrible voices. There are many songs or types of songs that make me very uncomfortable and just to be in their presence and keep me from concentrating or enjoying other things. Just this past Monday for example, my mother and I went to BK for lunch and they're playing AC/DC in the background. It was like someone was sticking nails into my brain! :wall:

lol........well what metal bands would you be referring to and are you sure they are even metal?

Also if its extreme metal(thrash metal, death metal, black metal or a combination of all or two of those), then yes there are harsh vocals that are rather hard to understand a lot of the time. But then there is Heavy Metal like Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest and the lyrics are pretty clear.

As for AC/DC I do enjoy them but they are more hard rock than metal and they aren't that terribly great.

rocklobster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Nov 2011, 9:23 am

I like a few:
Blind Guardian
AC/DC
Ozzy Osbourne
Scorpions

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 9:54 am

I personally don't even understand how it can be classified as "music". I'd rather listen to Justin Bieber on repeat all day.

Burzum
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 9:59 am

Can't understand the lyrics? Google them. Problem solved.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 11:19 am

lostonearth35 wrote:

Then why are you here? Don't stereotype and if you don't like it, don't listen. Simples! What do you like then? Enthrall us....