Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Spruce6212007
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Nov 2011, 2:18 pm

I must be a strange character. I have been married for almost 20 years to a recently diagnosed bipolar woman and whom I thought was neurotypical for most of those 20 years. She objects to my main interests( My Mac, MMPORG's flying, Android, and History but seems to put up with the rest of my interests. Am I normal?
:?:

Stevo1965
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Dec 2011, 10:15 pm

I can relate. I have been married to an Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder wife for 15 years. I'm now silently wagering which one of us serves the other with papers first.

My most recent beating at her hand - two days ago.

noisiestninja
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Dec 2011, 12:33 am

20 years? Wow. I've been with mine for ~10 years. It's been a rough road. Any advice? I'm very worried we're not going to make it. She has an extremely short temper and very little patience with my weaknesses.

Psiber
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Dec 2011, 7:52 pm

Wow! Never would have expected to find others in the same boat. Married for almost 18 yrs, wife was diagnosed bipolar about a year ago. It explained a lot, but unfortunately things between us have actually gotten worse than when she was untreated. Somehow now after almost 18 years my lack of emotion is a problem. Wish I could offer advice, but I'm feeling doomed as well.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2011, 6:37 pm

my wife isnt diagnosed but she almost certainly bi polar.i would say get marriage counceling.it has helped us

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 2:12 am

I am bipolar, borderline personality and schizophrenia is common in my family. I am living with my husband for last 9 years.
I dont know whether he tolerates me, whether he can stand me.....but i have calmed down substantially over couple of years.