RandomNickname
Raven
Raven

25 Nov 2011, 9:56 pm

Fnord wrote:
aspie48 wrote:
RandomNickname wrote:
[sarcasm]You're right, curiosity is pathetic. [/sarcasm]
FYI, this thread is an attempt to self-affirm yourself.
for a thread that started out as a way to say that he didn't want pride that sure is a funny way to counter him. i don't agree with everything he says but i don't think he's trying to affirm himself.

Excuse me, but where have you seen the word "pride" in the post that started this thread?

I'd appreciate a little more honesty on your part, kid.

Read through this thread, and you will see how much it screams 'I need confidence, agree with me'.

Honesty? We're aspies, we can't lie !

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2011, 9:57 pm

Fnord wrote:
aspie48 wrote:
RandomNickname wrote:
[sarcasm]You're right, curiosity is pathetic. [/sarcasm]
FYI, this thread is an attempt to self-affirm yourself.
for a thread that started out as a way to say that he didn't want pride that sure is a funny way to counter him. i don't agree with everything he says but i don't think he's trying to affirm himself.

Excuse me, but where have you seen the word "pride" in the post that started this thread?

I'd appreciate a little more honesty on your part, kid.

you said something about how people were insecure and they needed to affirm themselves by seeing something in famous people.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2011, 9:58 pm

-Skeksis- wrote:
Recognizing AS traits in self or others doesn't indicate anyone has it. A person needs to be able to distinguish between traits identical to AS and other possibilities.

I agree 100%. Thanks for your support!

:D

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2011, 9:59 pm

maybe needing self affirmation after diagnosis is just a phase people go through before they really find what AS is all about.

Phonic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2011, 10:02 pm

Fnord wrote:
What is it with this seemingly rampant obsession with dead people and Asperger's Syndrome? I mean, every week or so, there seems to be yet another lame-o thread on the topic of "Did my favorite dead celebrity have AS or not?"

Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Michael Jackson ... the list goes on. Why do people have such a morbid fascination with dead people? Why should anyone care what condition they may or may not have had? Why is it important to reach a consensus on what a dead person may have endured during their lifetime, when any such speculation will never be confirmed beyond any reasonable doubt?

To make it even more ludicrous, there are people that claim to have 'evidence' that these same dead people were gay, dyslexic, psychic, atheistic, religious, republican, democrat, libertarian ... et cetera. It's as if some poor schlumps are trying to make themselves feel better by 'adopting' a dead celebrity into their ranks and parading his or her name around as if to say, "See? I'm just like Albert Einstein! You must respect me!"

Well, good luck with that. I and many others can see through this lame attempt at self-affirmation and stolen legitimacy, so why pursue it?

:evil:

here's a harrowing thought: I once checked the schizoid personality disorder part of a forum: they do it too, front page. So do schizophrenics, so do anarchists, so do atheists.

Everyone wants everyone to be like them!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2011, 10:02 pm

I get my affirmation from my accomplishments, both at work and at home, and NOT through making unfounded assumptions about dead people.

I realize this may not be the same for others, and I hope that they may eventually feel as "affirmed" as I do.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2011, 10:06 pm

Fnord wrote:
I get my affirmation from my accomplishments, both at work and at home, and through making unfounded assumptions about dead people.

I realize this may not be the same for others, and I hope that they may eventually feel as "affirmed" as I do.
there are a fair amount of people with no work, no home, and no future. aspies under 18 feel as if they need to prove themselves too. i mean making slightly illogical claims is better than all the gangs, drugs and drinking NTs do.

RandomNickname
Raven
Raven

25 Nov 2011, 10:06 pm

Fnord wrote:
I hope that they may eventually feel as "affirmed" as I do.

That's a horrible thing to wish for. I'd like to think at your age i would have enough self affirmation to not feel the need to gather confidence from a internet forum containing 'kids' (as you stated).

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2011, 10:09 pm

RandomNickname wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I hope that they may eventually feel as "affirmed" as I do.
That's a horrible thing to wish for. I'd like to think at your age i would have enough self affirmation to not feel the need to gather confidence from a internet forum containing 'kids' (as you stated).

I feel no such need. Please stop making baseless assumptions, especially about me. Besides, every Internet forum contains kids ... kid.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2011, 10:10 pm

aspie48 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I get my affirmation from my accomplishments, both at work and at home, and through making unfounded assumptions about dead people. I realize this may not be the same for others, and I hope that they may eventually feel as "affirmed" as I do.
there are a fair amount of people with no work, no home, and no future. aspies under 18 feel as if they need to prove themselves too. i mean making slightly illogical claims is better than all the gangs, drugs and drinking NTs do.

That makes sense, too.

BTW ... why did you change my quote?

RandomNickname
Raven
Raven

25 Nov 2011, 10:17 pm

Fnord wrote:
I feel no such need. Please stop making baseless assumptions, especially about me. Besides, every Internet forum contains kids ... kid.

I'm only doing what you were doing by creating this thread, you made the assumption that people ask questions like 'Is Einstein Autistic' for their own self affirmation. And you've already made 2 assumptions about me, you said a) I'm dishonest b) I'm a kid. Hypocrisy at it's finest. My point about the internet forum was that i would have enough self affirmation from REAL achievements to be happy with my own opinions, and not need them validated by others.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2011, 10:24 pm

Really?! ! And where in this thread did I first address you by name?

If you think this thread is all about you - especially the first post - then please feel free to complain to the moderators.

In fact, I insist that you do.

Staz
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Nov 2011, 10:32 pm

aspie48 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I get my affirmation from my accomplishments, both at work and at home, and through making unfounded assumptions about dead people.

Oh please. So aspies never do anything violent or harmful, and all NT's are high, drunk, gangmembers? Ridiculous.

Kail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Nov 2011, 10:34 pm

Can someone please enlighten me on why MODS and OPS are verboten to speak of?

I have experiences of harassment, and when you stand up for yourself, you get to witness abusive power,

If I am correct this post, will be deleted, can someone please be my witness.

RandomNickname
Raven
Raven

25 Nov 2011, 10:37 pm

Fnord wrote:
Really?! ! And where in this thread did I first address you by name?

If you think this thread is all about you - especially the first post - then please feel free to complain to the moderators.

In fact, I insist that you do.

Gee i don't know, Maybe when you quoted my post and called me a kid?

I don't think the thread is about me. I realized that this thread could potentially put people down. So decided to interject my views.

The main reason people Ask 'Is Einstein an Aspie' is not so they can brag 'I have the same condition as Einstein', its more for motivation/confidence. 'He can be an incredibly famous Scientist with Asperger's, so why can't i?'. The fact that, that person is dead is irrelevant. You don't lose respect for someone once they die.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2011, 10:38 pm

Kail,

If you have an issue with any of the mods, then it is best to take up the issue with them, and not try to enlist support from other members in an unrelated thread..

As for me, I believe that your apology to me is sincere, and that you are essentially a good person.

Fnord