Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Brianruns10
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,107

26 Nov 2011, 1:50 am

Been going through old message on FB, and old emails, and marveling at all the people I wrote, who never wrote back. Always I was wondering how they were doing, or wanting to meet up and hang out. Never a reply, from guys I considered my best friend, and girls I was in love with, but who did not reciprocate.

One girl I knew from college, a really talented artist, and I come to find she now works at a f*****g coffee shop, and doesn't paint anymore. I asked her if she wanted to meet up to see some short films being screened at the art house, and the b***h said no because she has a boyfriend, and he might be weirded out. f**k her. What kind of self respecting woman let's a man decide who she will and will not see? She was such a vibrant, independent woman, who could've done great things as a painter, and instead she's a goddamn hypocrite, and sold all that out for a little male action. Pathetic loser, and thank god I wasn't into her, or her mediocrity would've dragged me down.

Then there was the high school teammate who never wanted to chat on FB, never answered his phone. I thought he was one of the few people in HS who liked me, but nope.

For so long my self esteem was all messed up, because I wondered what was wrong with me, when it was really that I surrounded myself with people who I wanted to like me, but didn't. It was my own doing, I suppose. But I've sure learned to treasure the real friends I've got. Although I'm tempted to write those people and tell them how rotten they are. It's time we all were more upfront. Bad people need to be told as such, and should feel rotten. Instead they get away with shabby treatment because our society is too polite.



sMeow
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2011
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Posts: 238
Location: France

26 Nov 2011, 9:32 am

Meow.

Quote:
Never a reply, from guys I considered my best friend, and girls I was in love with, but who did not reciprocate.


It's so upsetting -.-' The ones who did it before are not my friends anymore. :>

But you shouldn't send a message to them "how rotten they are". At best, they won't answer and they will dispise you, or they will answer and finally, you will be angry and it will make you feel bad.

Try to forget, but don't give them a reason to look down on you. Trust me, if you write to them, no matter if you're angry or not, they'll don't care, they never do. More angry you will be, better they will feel, you see ?



ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 May 2011
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,921
Location: Beneath my cat's paw

26 Nov 2011, 12:50 pm

Brianruns10 wrote:
I asked her if she wanted to meet up to see some short films being screened at the art house, and the b***h said no because she has a boyfriend, and he might be weirded out. f**k her. What kind of self respecting woman let's a man decide who she will and will not see? She was such a vibrant, independent woman, who could've done great things as a painter, and instead she's a goddamn hypocrite, and sold all that out for a little male action. Pathetic loser, and thank god I wasn't into her, or her mediocrity would've dragged me down.



I don't blame her for saying no.


_________________
"Such is the Frailty
of the human Heart, that very few Men, who have no Property, have any Judgment of their own.
They talk and vote as they are directed by Some Man of Property, who has attached their Minds
to his Interest."


Brianruns10
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,107

26 Nov 2011, 8:53 pm

But talk about an unhealthy relationship, when who you hang out with is determined by the whims of your partner. When I have a girlfriend, I sure as hell won't prevent her from hanging out with her friends, and I sure wouldn't let her prevent me from hanging out with my friends.



ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 May 2011
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,921
Location: Beneath my cat's paw

26 Nov 2011, 9:01 pm

Brianruns10 wrote:
But talk about an unhealthy relationship, when who you hang out with is determined by the whims of your partner. When I have a girlfriend, I sure as hell won't prevent her from hanging out with her friends, and I sure wouldn't let her prevent me from hanging out with my friends.


All people have things they are and are not okay with in relationships,
and those things being different from yours doesn't make it an "unhealthy" relationship,
merely a different one.

You are not the standard by which all people should be judged.


_________________
"Such is the Frailty
of the human Heart, that very few Men, who have no Property, have any Judgment of their own.
They talk and vote as they are directed by Some Man of Property, who has attached their Minds
to his Interest."


Brianruns10
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,107

26 Nov 2011, 11:53 pm

No but I don't respect women who make themselves slaves to the will of their men. Relationships should be on equal footing, a partnership, and in spite of all the progress that has been made on the front of women's lib and equality, there are still so many who VOLUNTARILY submit to their men. And in the aforementioned case, it was particularly tragic because she gave up her talents to work a menial job and sustain this worthless relationship. She had a gift that I certainly do not have, and people who are gifted have no right to throw them away. It is an insult to themselves, their creators, and the rest of us Salieri's "cursed with desire but denied the talent."



ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 May 2011
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,921
Location: Beneath my cat's paw

27 Nov 2011, 12:36 pm

Brianruns10 wrote:
No but I don't respect women who make themselves slaves to the will of their men. Relationships should be on equal footing, a partnership, and in spite of all the progress that has been made on the front of women's lib and equality, there are still so many who VOLUNTARILY submit to their men. And in the aforementioned case, it was particularly tragic because she gave up her talents to work a menial job and sustain this worthless relationship. She had a gift that I certainly do not have, and people who are gifted have no right to throw them away. It is an insult to themselves, their creators, and the rest of us Salieri's "cursed with desire but denied the talent."


It's hard to call upon women's liberation when you're prone to calling women misogynist names for making decisions you don't agree with,
and it flat-out doesn't make sense to proclaim her a "slave to the will of her man" when all you know is that she doesn't prefer to do things that make him uncomfortable.
That's kinda the basis for any ongoing thing between two people: caring.

You never said originally that she works at a coffee shop to sustain the relationship,
and moreover,
if you take issue with artists who are forced to give up their dreams to pay the bills, then you've got problems with a good chunk of society.


_________________
"Such is the Frailty
of the human Heart, that very few Men, who have no Property, have any Judgment of their own.
They talk and vote as they are directed by Some Man of Property, who has attached their Minds
to his Interest."


Brianruns10
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,107

27 Nov 2011, 2:14 pm

Precisely. I don't respect artists who sacrifice their gifts to make a living, because they are throwing them away!

Granted, one must pay the bills, but there is ALWAYS time to be found to keep pulling forward, if only people prioritized. I work my ass off to pay the bills, working 45-50 hours a week, and you know what? When I get home I spend my evenings working on my films, and I'm often up until late hours sketching storyboards. I use my weekends to work more still. People would get a lot done if they didn't waste time drinking, partying, and being f*****g idiots. In this case, the girl sacrificed her gift because she'd rather spend time with some man who dictates whom she can and cannot see. For such a slavish outlook, for wantonly embracing mediocrity, she deserves to lose her talents quite frankly.



jesseiNhD
Butterfly
Butterfly

User avatar

Joined: 9 Nov 2011
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Posts: 12
Location: california

27 Nov 2011, 10:59 pm

Brianruns10 wrote:
Been going through old message on FB, and old emails, and marveling at all the people I wrote, who never wrote back. Always I was wondering how they were doing, or wanting to meet up and hang out. Never a reply, from guys I considered my best friend, and girls I was in love with, but who did not reciprocate.

One girl I knew from college, a really talented artist, and I come to find she now works at a f***ing coffee shop, and doesn't paint anymore. I asked her if she wanted to meet up to see some short films being screened at the art house, and the b***h said no because she has a boyfriend, and he might be weirded out. f**k her. What kind of self respecting woman let's a man decide who she will and will not see? She was such a vibrant, independent woman, who could've done great things as a painter, and instead she's a goddamn hypocrite, and sold all that out for a little male action. Pathetic loser, and thank god I wasn't into her, or her mediocrity would've dragged me down.

Then there was the high school teammate who never wanted to chat on FB, never answered his phone. I thought he was one of the few people in HS who liked me, but nope.

For so long my self esteem was all messed up, because I wondered what was wrong with me, when it was really that I surrounded myself with people who I wanted to like me, but didn't. It was my own doing, I suppose. But I've sure learned to treasure the real friends I've got. Although I'm tempted to write those people and tell them how rotten they are. It's time we all were more upfront. Bad people need to be told as such, and should feel rotten. Instead they get away with shabby treatment because our society is too polite.


dw, My own biological sister will not even talk to me >.>
she prefers her friends =/