Even when people say theyre here to listen

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

InterestingIsabella
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Nov 2011, 4:42 pm

i dont even reach back out to them..i just feel like i want to be heard but no..i feel stuck and alone..even though i shouldnt be

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2011, 5:03 pm

What was that? I'll listen.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2011, 5:13 pm

I just took a look at what you've been posting (there's a link in everyone's profile where anyone can do this), not to snoop, but to get some idea of why you would think what you're thinking. I did come to one conclusion.

People have been talking to you. There are several replies to some of your posts. Maybe you're expecting a bit too much from people. Take it slow, and take some time to answer other people's threads. I know you have done that, but you might want to do it even more. Converse with people.

Don't expect anything from anyone though. People come on here, post some replies and start threads of their own, then might have to leave and do something else for a while. In other words, we all have lives outside WP. It's not personal, it's just life.

You may want to try a little more patience too. Asking people to PM or email you when you haven't been there all that long, don't really post all that much might be expecting too much too soon. Very few users here will PM anyone they haven't read much from. Except for the occasional spammer that is.

Give it time.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

YellowBanana
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2011, 5:35 pm

InterestingIsabella wrote:
i dont even reach back out to them..i just feel like i want to be heard but no..i feel stuck and alone..even though i shouldnt be

Sounds like you reach out to people, but then when they actually offer to listen/read more ... you can't go through with it for some reason.

If this is the case, I also experience this.