What House would you be in if you went to Hogwarts?

Page 1 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

What Hogwarts House would you be in?
Gryffindor 5%  5%  [ 15 ]
Gryffindor 6%  6%  [ 17 ]
Ravenclaw 29%  29%  [ 88 ]
Ravenclaw 31%  31%  [ 93 ]
Hufflepuff 8%  8%  [ 25 ]
Hufflepuff 9%  9%  [ 28 ]
Slytherin 6%  6%  [ 18 ]
Slytherin 6%  6%  [ 18 ]
Total votes : 302

whitemissacacia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Nov 2011, 4:47 pm

Harry Potter freak poll! Thought it would be interesting if most aspies fit in one House, since each has its own personality traits! :oops:

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2011, 5:34 pm

Getting this poll started, needed some info. Ripped it from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hogwarts#Houses

Gryffindor
Gryffindor values courage, bravery, loyalty, nerve and chivalry. Its mascot is the lion, and its colours are scarlet and gold. The Head of this house is the Transfiguration teacher, Minerva McGonagall, and the house ghost is Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington, more commonly known as Nearly Headless Nick. According to Rowling, Gryffindor corresponds roughly to the element of fire. The founder of the house is Godric Gryffindor.
The Gryffindor common room is located in one of the castle's highest towers, the entrance to which is located on the seventh floor in the east wing of the castle and is guarded by a painting of The Fat Lady, who is garbed in a pink dress. She permits entry only after being given the correct password, as was distinguished in the third book, when Sirius Black tried forcing entry into the tower, only to be blocked by The Fat Lady after he could not give the correct password. In the first book, Neville Longbottom tends to forget the password and must wait near the painting until other Gryffindors arrive to open the way.

Hufflepuff
Hufflepuff values hard work, tolerance, loyalty, and fair play. The house mascot is the badger, and canary yellow and midnight black are its colours. The Head of this house is the Herbology teacher Pomona Sprout, and the house ghost is The Fat Friar. According to Rowling, Hufflepuff corresponds roughly to the element of earth. The founder of this house is Helga Hufflepuff.
The Hufflepuff dormitories and common room are located somewhere in the basement. The entrance is found behind a still life painting somewhere near the kitchens, a password is required for entry. The Hufflepuff common room is filled with yellow hangings and fat armchairs and it has little underground tunnels leading to the dormitories, all of which have perfectly round doors, like barrel tops (much like a badger sett).

Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw values intelligence, creativity, learning, and wit. The house mascot is an eagle and the house colours are blue and bronze (blue and grey in the films). The head of this house is the Charms professor, Filius Flitwick, and the house ghost is The Grey Lady. According to Rowling, Ravenclaw corresponds roughly to the element of air. The founder of this house is Rowena Ravenclaw.
The dormitories are located in Ravenclaw Tower on the west side of the school. The common room, which went undescribed in the series until the climax of Deathly Hallows, is round and filled with blue hangings and fat armchairs, has a domed ceiling painted with stars and features a replica statue of Rowena wearing her diadem. Harry also notes that, by day, the Ravenclaws "would have a spectacular view of the surrounding mountains." A logical riddle must be solved to gain entry, whereas the Gryffindor, Hufflepuff and Slytherin common rooms only require a password, indicating that it may be easier for those students from other houses who possess a high degree of intelligence to enter this common room than others. Professor McGonagall, the head of the Gryffindor House, solves the riddle accurately.

Slytherin
Slytherin house values ambition, cunning, leadership, and resourcefulness. The house mascot of Slytherin is the serpent, and the house colours are green and silver. Salazar Slytherin founded the house. The Head of House is Severus Snape until near the end of the sixth book. Then, Horace Slughorn, the previous Head of House, comes out of retirement re-assuming authority. The ghost of Slytherin house is The Bloody Baron. According to Rowling, Slytherin corresponds roughly to the element of water. The Slytherin dormitories and common room are reached through a bare stone wall in the dungeons. The Slytherin common room is a long, low, dungeon-style room, located under the Hogwarts Lake, furnished with green lamps and carved armchairs. The room is described in the second book as having a greenish glow.
The Sorting Hat claims that blood purity is a factor in selecting Slytherins, although this is not mentioned until the fifth book. There is no reason to believe, however, that Muggle-born students are not sorted there, merely that pure-blooded students are more desirable to that house, as there are several examples of half-bloods in the house (such as Snape and Voldemort). In Deathly Hallows, a group of Snatchers claim that "not many Mudbloods" are sorted into Slytherin.
When believing Harry to be dead and thinking that he has final victory in his grasp, Voldemort proclaims his intention to abolish the other three houses and force all Hogwarts students into Slytherin. This design is foiled by his defeat and death, after which Slytherin becomes more diluted in its blood purity, no longer remaining the pure-blood bastion it once was. Its dark reputation, however, does linger.

I think Ravenclaw is more my House.

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2011, 7:08 pm

id like to think id be a ravenclaw but honestly i would never survive in ravenclaw as was shown in the books in order to get into the dormitory you have to solve a puzzle and i am horrible at puzzles

but ive taken many of the sorting quizzes and most say im a ravenclaw the few that are combo house sortings usually make me a ravenpuff

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2011, 7:14 pm

Badger. Badger. Badger. Badger. Badger. Badger. Badger. Badger. Badger. Badger. Badger. Badger. Badger. Badger. Badger. Badger. HUFFLEPUFF!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

whitemissacacia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Nov 2011, 9:46 am

Wow, seems as if most of us aspies are ravens! :lol:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 6:29 pm

I'd be either in Gryffindor or Ravenclaw.

whitemissacacia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Nov 2011, 12:31 pm

I must say, I've got traits from all houses.

I'm courageous. I mean, I'm brave as far as facing fear is concerned. Many things scare me, but I rarely avoid them. For instance, I'm aviophobic but I love travelling, since this nourishes me with knowledge and culture. I therefore pluck up the courage to fly whenever I can. However, I'm not THAT heroic. I hate taking risks. I will confront my fears if I HAVE to, or if my purpose is important to me or to those I love, but I will not get myself involved in dangerous stuff at will. So I lack that "daring nerve" which Gryffindors tend to have.

As for Hufflepuff, I'm hardworking, extremely honest, just and loyal. I will always tell the truth and stick to my friends. Nevertheless, I'm not that patient, and whereas I can seem an innocent girl, I'm really rather fierce in some way. So I wouldn't be in Hufflepuff either.

Slytherin... well, I'm ambitious, and very intelligent. I can protect those I love to insanity. And I always strive to achieve my ends. However, I would never cheat, and I'm not a bully, and my ambition isn't as big as to make the end justify the means so no. I wouldn't be a Slytherin.

And then there's Ravenclaw. The intellectuals. The weirdos, if we may call them this way. I'm an intellectual. I read, play the piano, and love learning. I value knowledge a lot. I believe wisdom is what makes us free. And I'm genuine. Different from the crowd. Daydreamer. Aspie. Ravenclaw.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2011, 12:33 pm

I did three Hogwarts house tests (including the official Pottermore one) and they all said Slytherin :P

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Dec 2011, 1:25 pm

I'm not much into Harry Potter; I only saw the 1st couple movies & read the 1st two books. I voted for Hufflepuff because they scored last in the completions & seemed to be the weakest ones. The description you copied Wallourdes about Hufflepuf defiantly applies to me~ values hard work, tolerance, loyalty, and fair play

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2011, 3:31 pm

Honestly, I have various traits from all four houses (although Gryffindor would probably be my most mismatched - I prefer playing safe over taking risks). I think that Ravenclaw would be my best match, although the fact that I'd have to solve a riddle in order to be allowed entrance into the common room does worry me a bit. God forbid I might be stuck outside the common room entrance looking like a complete dumbass to other Ravenclaws. :roll:

I think my second choice would be Hufflepuff, but I'm not that saintly. I'm rather quick-tempered and impatient. Plus, their common room sounds kind of claustrophobic to me.

DataJinx
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Feb 2012, 12:20 pm

I'd be either Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff.

The online tests I've taken are a bit split between the two.

But on the Pottermore one, I got Ravenclaw.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2012, 12:40 pm

Ravenclawgurl wrote:
id like to think id be a ravenclaw but honestly i would never survive in ravenclaw as was shown in the books in order to get into the dormitory you have to solve a puzzle and i am horrible at puzzles

but ive taken many of the sorting quizzes and most say im a ravenclaw the few that are combo house sortings usually make me a ravenpuff

This is what I keep thinking...I'd be stuck outside the dormitory every night if I was in ravenclaw because I suck at riddles....but I fit in there better than anywhere else. Also you get a say in what house you're placed in......the hat listens to you.....and I value intelligence and would want to be in Ravenclaw....so I'd choose that house.

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 11:03 am

Definitely Hufflepuff.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 6:09 pm

Slytherin, hands down. No other choice.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2012, 3:08 am

Slytheryn, I love snakes.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

ExcitinglyOpaque
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Apr 2012, 9:53 pm

Probably Hufflepuff, but given the way the family I was born into is, I might have been sorted into Slytherin at age eleven.