Listening to the same song over and over again.

Page 2 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 6:48 pm

I do that a lot. Lately, I've been listening nonstop to a song from the game Xenoblade: Hidden Machina Village. Also, Thunderball, from the old 007 film of the same name.

Burnbridge
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 7:00 pm

Oh, although I have broken myself of the "listening to same song over and over" habit, I do seem to have cultivated a "visiting the same forum over and over" habit. Guess which one?

Eloa
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 7:43 pm

Yes, I always did it and do it. Sometimes a couple hours of a day. As a child I had a lot of classical music in my head, that I didn't know, it just came and I repeated it over and over again. And I still do it.

English is not my native language, so I will very likely do mistakes in writing or understanding. My edits are due to corrections of mistakes, which I sometimes recognize just after submitting a text.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2011, 12:58 am

If I end up finding a song on YouTube that I really like, I'll listen to it over again for a week and a half and than I move on until the next time.

hockeytaz
Raven
Raven

28 Nov 2011, 3:05 am

Guilty of this. I listen to songs over and over again. Especially if they have a strong bass line.

artrat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2011, 3:21 am

I will listen to different songs by the same artist over and over again but not the same song. I find it boring.
There are far too many songs by many great artists that I have not listened to yet.
I like to discover new music. It is an obsession of mine that I have had for most of my life.

ediself
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2011, 3:26 am

Burnbridge wrote:
MrXxx wrote:
Did it a lot when I was really young, but got tired of getting sick of songs I like

I did the same. I got to the point where I had to refuse to listening to the same song more than once per day. Was like dealing with a drug addiction.

I did that too, not to the point of refusing to hear a song more than once a day though, seems a bit of an extreme measure, but I did force myself to switch genres, artists, even look for recent songs I didn't know and might like. I did succeed , and noticed that the songs I used to be sick of hearing regained their appeal, with some nostalgia added...
I do tend to stick to a genre depending on my state of mind though (metal when I'm angry or in a "Imma take control of my life dammit" mood, sweet pop when I'm feeling a bit sad, classical when I'm too emotional to hear words, etc).

ScottyN
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Nov 2011, 3:28 am

I do this all the time. It is something I have done as long as I can remember. Once I find a song I like, I keep playing it over and over.... until I get sick and tired of it.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2011, 7:03 am

I do this too at times I did it more when I was a teenager though.
Lately if I find asong I like on you tube I watch it over again like "Six months in a leaky boat" by split enz.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 7:50 pm

Yes, I do this a lot.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Madbones
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 8:52 pm

Yep.
I listen to the first 20? (I think) tracks of my Spotify account every day sometimes 2 times a day.

skenasis
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Nov 2011, 11:04 pm

Yep, I'm guilty of this. If I find a song I like, it'll be the only one I listen to for days on end.

NathanealWest
Toucan
Toucan

30 Nov 2011, 12:58 am

I've been doing this with David Bowie, Gary Numan and the Talking Heads.

draelynn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 1:04 am

Songs, movies, anime... I will usually have a favorite song, scene or episode and rewatch it over and over. As a kid I saw Star Wars in the theater 25 times. You know, in 1977 - those pre-vcr days. All my allowance went to George Lucas. I can't even count how many times I've watched since then.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

30 Nov 2011, 1:07 am

I do this a lot, depending on my mood.

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 10:53 am

I do this a lot. I'm the only one I know in real life who does it.