Listening to the same song over and over again.

Page 5 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Nickchick
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 May 2017, 12:18 am

KevinLA wrote:
I do .

Is this an autistic thing though or do neurotypical people do it as well? I don't think they do though.

I don't know but I've never known anyone else who does it and the guy I have been dating said once "you need to listen to some new music once in a while" I have been known to listen to the same song twice in one day on some occasions, not all the time but it happens often enough that it's odd. Mostly I listen to some of the same songs in a week or month.
There have been times in my deep depression where I will watch a fan montage I've saved on my computer a few nights in a row..maybe sometimes in the whole week *goes to watch the video again after writing this post*

I'm very much a music enthusiast. I like to switch it up a bit hence it being more a weekly or monthly thing but a lot of the artists I've liked as a child I never stopped liking. I also haven't liked any artists that started past 2007..except for a few random songs here and there. I'm also a bit selective about new material from artists I like. There's only a few where I really like their new stuff because for example I don't like Britney Spears newer music as much as her old so you can call me more of a nostalgic music enthusiast. New songs often have to grow on me if I am destined to like them. There are even some songs that I listen to later that I didn't like when they came out but I'm not sure why that is.

PaperVoice24
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 May 2017, 7:55 pm

Yup. When I was in middle school, I would sing them constantly too. So much so that teachers in the hall didn't even have to turn around to know it was me. If I wasn't singing, they knew I wasn't feeling well. But I think I got that habit ridiculed out of me.

I also used to learn a new word and then use it as often as possible, even when I wasn't sure if it made sense.

GreenRanger06
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 May 2017, 10:39 pm

Guineapigged wrote:
Does anybody else do this?
I'm not really into music per se and never have been (until I was about 13 I didn't know the names of any bands or singers) but every now and then I'll hear a song I like and for the next few days or weeks that's all I will listen to - just the same song or handful of songs on a continuous loop until a new one comes along and takes my fancy. Even when I'm not at my laptop, they'll play in my head. I get terrible earworm.
I never considered it to be an autistic trait but now that I think about it it's kind of similar to wearing the same clothes and eating the same food for weeks on end.

Yes I do this a lot so I can understand

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2017, 9:34 am

I used to do it all the time whenever I discovered a new favorite song or CD. My musical interests over the years included showtunes (Evita, Cats), The Beatles, 1950s and 1960s music and a tape of national anthems throughout the world. Now I don't have any one musical interest, just a combination of everything I have ever been interested in throughout the years.

AnodyneInsect
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 May 2017, 8:50 pm

Yes, definitely. I found myself hanging out in Skyrim underground just to hear the 'Beneath the Ice' song repeat and finally bought it on iTunes to listen to on repeat when going to bed. I mostly listen to Electronica and Trance music.

Ersatz Einstein
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Apr 2020, 2:20 am

KevinLA wrote:
I do .

Is this an autistic thing though or do neurotypical people do it as well? I don't think they do though.

Some do. My mother's extremely neurotypical, and she listens to songs on repeat far more than I do.

DemophobicKlingon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Apr 2020, 6:21 am

There are some songs that are special to me, and I abuse the replay button. These songs can never get old for me personally. I may relate it to a certain situation in my life. I can get lost in the songs, daydreaming as they are on. Music helps me through the workday.

INTP 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Zakatar
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2020, 8:02 am

Oh for sure, I sometimes put one of my favorite songs on repeat when I’m listening on my phone or computer, or stay around a certain area in a video game with good music *cough*Space Junk Galaxy*cough* just to listen to said music for a long time.

#palestinianlivesmatter

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2020, 12:29 pm

I also do this. I also listen to the same playlists over and over and daydream certain scenarios. If i can't picture it well i start the song from the beginning again.

applebaby
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Apr 2020, 1:05 pm

This topic sure is old :lol:
Songs I like get stuck in my head so easily. Sometimes when people talk to me I cant respond them because I hear the song. It blocks out normal thoughts.
Im also kind of afraid of new music sometimes. Can anyone relate? When a new album comes out I cant listen to it because I didnt listen to the old one yet.

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2020, 3:00 pm

^ Aye, it’s been necrobumped.

I don’t listen to music on repeat, but I do have alternating periods of listening to the same three or four pieces every night for months at a time.
I also space out buying albums so I can become familiar with all the details before overcrowding myself with a newer one.

GregCav
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2020, 12:28 am

I'll binge on albums or movies in the same way. Back at Christmas I discovered Boney-M song Rasputin, and I got hooked on that for about 2 months. I'm over it now, but it's a fantastically addictive song.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2020, 4:57 am

When I listen to music I usually listen to specific parts of the same one or two songs over and over, and basically for my entire life I've almost always had a song stuck in my head. The songs I listen to can also be pretty repetitive and I noticed the parts I like and get stuck in my head are probably the most repetitive ones in them. I honestly think I mainly just use music to fill the silence, plus music with lots of repetition is mindless to listen to and easy to replicate in my thoughts.

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2020, 2:13 am

Pretty much what I do playlist wise. But i think you mean specifically just one song only no, maybe repeat it a few times a day or something when i do. unless it's rap instrumentals then if im freestyle rapping i will to see how many ways i can flex on a track.

King Kat 1
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Dec 2020, 4:18 am

I'm really bad with this, I can listen to the same song on a short card, for weeks and never get sick of it.