300series
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 10:40 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
300series wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
300series, why did you leave? I really hope you come back! :cry:

I am sorry for saying that I was leaving Wrong Planet. Early this morning, someone sent me a message on here saying that I need to use private messages to write to you. The message made me cry & really worried me, and I am still crying right now. I just did not want to get in to any further trouble with them, and I was afraid that I would get banned from Wrong Planet. I really enjoy talking with you, and I still want to have our conversation.

I’m really sorry about that. I know how hard it can be, as I also have felt really bad about things other people have said on here. Let’s just carry on our conversation. Would you like to talk here or with PM’s? I promise you are not going to get banned; you were not doing anything against the rules. It’s all okay! :D

Hi again! I do not really want to leave Wrong Planet; I was just feeling sad & frustrated with some of the comments other members were saying about me & our conversation. You are one of my favourite members on here, and I still want to communicate with you. I only like you & one other member on here. I think I would like the PM's, since no one else will read them, and I will not be punished for what I am writing about.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 11:25 pm

300series wrote:
I just did not want to get in to any further trouble with them, and I was afraid that I would get banned from Wrong Planet.

You're not in trouble, nor will you get banned. It just seems like you two are sharing a private conversation.

Sorry you got upset over it, I don't think anyone meant any harm by the suggestion.

300series
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 12:08 am

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
300series wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Hi; I hope you are doing well! I have had a lot going on recently so I thought I would share some of what has been happening with you! Feel free to just carry on the conversation after this if you want. I will try to write a longer reply when I have a computer available, but I actually have a cell phone now that I am using to post! I got it for my birthday and I was a little disappointed since I didn’t ask for it and I don’t want to be one of those people who are constantly on their cell phone, but it has been okay! I mainly only use it at home.

I have also gotten sick again, and at the worst time too! I actually won a Veterans Day essay contest, and I was asked to read it in front of the school. Unfortunately, I got sick and I could not do it even though I tried really hard to go up on stage! I could not play on stage in orchestra either! That made me sad, but I actually won $100 for winning, and one of my teachers wants me to enter more essay contests! She is going to try and find one for me to enter, which is odd, because I am not even that great of a writer!

I am most likely going to be forced to go on an SSRI for my anxiety soon as well. I never thought I would ever need it, but struggling with severe OCD for a year and a half has really taken its toll on me. I have been doing badly in that regard lately. What do you think of medication for anxiety? Have you ever taken an SSRI? I feel like a failure for needing to take medication, even though millions of people do.

I also played a solo on my violin for senior citizens, and it went pretty well!

How has your meetup group been? I know it has been a while since we last spoke, and I really apologize for that. I have had hours of homework and today was really the first day I had that was free of work.

Hi! It is good to hear from you again! I was worried about you since it has been a while since we last talked, and I was also worried because you said that you were sick from a virus. I hope you are doing better & making a successful recovery.

I am glad that you had a happy birthday! Did you have the quesadilla from the Mexican restaurant that you wanted? I am sorry that you had to get a cell phone; I do not like them either. Speaking of cell phones, just two days ago, I got a notice from the telephone company that my telephone number got hacked, and someone was using my number to make calls to Jamaica, which I do not know how to do, and I do not know any one in Jamaica. Also, I never give my telephone number out to any one. I told my Dad about it, and he contacted the telephone company about what happened, and he found out about the calls. The worst part is that I have to get a new cell phone, and the telephone that I like is no-longer available. Just like you, I am not one of those people who are constantly on their cell phone, and I only use it for communication, and not a toy like a lot of people are.

I am sorry that you got sick again. Did you have to miss a lot of school while you were sick? Did you have to go see your doctor or go to the hospital? Your Veterans Day essay contest sounds like fun. I am sorry that you could not read your essay on stage or play in your orchestra either, but I am glad that you won $100.00! Are you excited about your teacher finding more essay contests for you to participate in?

I am sorry that you will have to start an SSRI for anxiety. Back in 2001, when I was 16 years old, my anxiety was really bad, and my therapist put me on an anti-anxiety medication called Buspar. It helped me with my anxiety a little bit, but later that year, my depression got really bad. I had depression when I was in elementary school, and it got better when I was 10 years old, and I was doing well for a long time, but when I was 16 years old, my depression returned, and the next year, when I was 17 years old, my therapist put my on an SSRI called Paxil, which I still take today; I have never gone off of it. It has really helped me with my depression & anxiety, and I think I will still be on it for a long time. Every one is different, so you may react differently to the SSRI than I did, but I hope it helps you with your anxiety. Just like you, I also felt like a failure for having to take medication, even though it is very common.

I am happy that your violin solo with the senior citizens went well! Maybe you will have another chance to do it again!

I have some major news to tell you about my meetup group. Last Sunday, I went to Disneyland with 4 members of my meetup group, and we all had a lot of fun! One of the girls who is in the group works seasonally for the Disney World Company, and she got 3 free tickets to the park, so she asked me for my work schedule, and she invited me, the leader of the group, and another friend of hers to come. It was the first time I had been to Disneyland since Saturday, 8 July, 2000, when I was 15 years old. My Dad took me & my 2 brothers up there for the weekend, and it was also the last time that we all went there as a family. I did not really remember what was at Disneyland since I had not been there for such a long time, but some of the rides & attractions that I remembered are still there. We were there for the entire day, and I did not get home until after midnight; after walking & driving all day, I was really exhausted when I got home! I think it was the longest drive I have ever made! I did not get very much sleep because I had to go to work at the library, so I took a long nap when I got home from work. I do not really like Disneyland or amusement parks because of the crowds & the noise, and I also get dizzy from amusement rides, but they really wanted me to go, and I had a good time!

Last night, we had another meetup. It was a game night at a cafe, which is just like the very first meetup I ever went to. We all brought some board games & played for a few hours, and there was a new member who came for the first time last night. It was a fun night. I am only really comfortable in groups of people with Asperger's syndrome, since I can relate to them better than other kinds of people.

I am sorry that you have so much homework & no free time. I was the same way back when I went to school, and I hated it!

I wanted to tell you some other things.

How has your German class been going? Are you getting better at it? I also wanted to share another memory from school. Back when I was 17 years old, my teacher that I really liked, who I have mentioned before, made a CD for me on his school computer, and one of the tracks on the CD was called Deutschland Uber Alles, which is the national anthem of Germany. Are you familiar with that song? He made the CD for me because we had similar taste in music; unfortunately, I did not have that CD for very long, because the next school, I used that CD for my senior class project, and the teacher who worked with me left the CD in her computer, and I never got it back.

Last time we talked, we talked about loyalty & a writer I used to know. I did a little bit of research online, and I found out what has happened to her. She has a web site that she occasionally writes on, which she had not updated in a really long time. A few months ago, she & her boyfriend moved in to their own house together, and they got married on Saturday, 28 October, 2017. She has not posted anything about how their wedding went, so she is clearly not very active on her web site. There was also nothing written about her literature, or any plans for any new books. I looked on a web site called Amazon, which is where I bought she books, and I found out that all four of her books are now out of print, and not very much more information about her. I wrote good reviews on Amazon about her books, and they are still on the web site, and my reviews are the only ones ever written about them. I never contacted her about her wedding, or commented on her web site. Wednesday, 15 November was her birthday, and I never called her or E mailed her to wish her a happy birthday; she just turned 28 years old. One month ago, on Friday the 13th, I had another weird dream in my sleep about her, and the object that I always associated with her was also there too! To this day, I still wonder why she abandoned me; she has probably forgotten all about me by now.

You also mentioned a restaurant you went to one time called Red Robin. 3 weeks ago, I went for a drive with my Dad in his pickup truck, and I saw a Red Robin restaurant during the drive. They must have them here in San Diego, but the one we saw was about a 45 minute drive from where we live. Maybe I will go up & eat there some time!

I hope things are fine with you. I hope you feel better soon, and I will talk to you again soon!

Hi! It is great to hear from you again as well! I am doing okay at the moment, but my mom’s sister is a doctor and said I have a chronic stomach condition. I was supposed to go to the doctor today, but they did not call us back. I am worried that the stomach condition will get worse and I will not be able to play my violin in the concert that is coming up!

Thank you! It was a great birthday, but sadly I did not get to go to the Mexican restaurant I really like because I was sick. My parents told me we could go some other time, but we have not gone yet. Thanks! Having the cell phone is okay, and I only use it at home and occasionally on the bus I ride from school to my house. That is very weird what happened to your phone number! I do not know anyone in Jamaica either. I am very sorry you have to get a new phone! I hope you find one you like.

I had to miss two days of school which I was upset about, but it ended up being okay. Apparently, I was not sick, but I have a problem with my stomach and esophagus. I went to the doctor, and they prescribed a medication called Pepcid, which is supposed to help my stomach. They recommended the ER if it got any worse, which, thankfully, it did not. I am now back at school but I am still having some problems with my stomach. The essay contest was very fun, and my favorite teacher was very excited I won and actually voted for me to win! He didn’t say anything about me not being able to read it though, and I really hope he isn’t disappointed. Thank you! I am so excited I won $100 and that one of my teachers wants me to enter more essay contests!

Thank you for sharing your experience with SSRI’s. I am scared about taking one, but my mom said she would give me money if I took it. She doesn’t want me to feel bad anymore. It has been a hard year and a half. Thank you. I am glad it also helped you; that makes me feel better.

Thank you! It was really fun performing for the senior citizens. My smaller orchestra group actually gets to perform for them again in the spring. It will be fun, but last year it was even more fun because a professional orchestra group played with us. It was so fun! Also, I get to perform at a holiday light show and a mall on December 15th! That will be so fun! Even though I don’t really like malls very much, I do like going to the mall every year with my smaller orchestra group.

Wow! That is amazing that you got to go to Disneyland! Was it interesting getting to go again after such a long time? I have been to Disney World before, and I think it is similar. I am so glad you were able to go and have fun. I am sorry you do not really like Disneyland that much, but I am glad you were able to have a good time!

That is very cool that you had another meetup! What sort of games did you play? Was it fun? I also am only comfortable in groups of people with Asperger’s Syndrome or other disabilities.

Thanks! I do not like having so much homework, and I have an essay due that I have to write over my two day Thanksgiving break! The only homework I enjoy is homework for my Health class, since I really like my teacher I have this year. I never mind doing that.

My German class is going pretty well! We have recently started a new unit, and I am learning a lot! That is cool that your teacher made you that CD! I am not familiar with the song, but my German teacher will probably show it to us sometime! I am so sorry that the teacher who worked with you left the CD in her computer!

That is very interesting about the writer you used to talk to! I am sorry that she abandoned you and never replied! It is very interesting that you had the weird dream on Friday the 13 too! That is a confusing situation.

That is very cool that you saw a Red Robin! I like that restaurant, and I hope you like it if you go there sometime too!

Thank you! Today was my last day of school before my Thanksgiving break! My class got to watch a movie called Cool Runnings, but I missed most of it because one teacher scheduled a test for today! I always take a long time on tests, and I took over an hour to complete this one. By the time I got back, the movie was almost over. We then went to the gym, which I usually do not really like very much, but I like it this time because I got to go on exercise equipment with my friend and there was hardly anyone else in the gym we went to. I then said goodbye to my teachers, since I will miss them, even though we only get two school days off.

I hope you are doing well too! I will talk to you soon!

Hi again! Good to hear from you again too! I am glad that you are doing all right for now, but I am sorry to hear about your chronic stomach condition. I hope it does not get worse, and that something bad happens to you. I hate going to the doctor, but there is nothing else you can do when you are sick. I also hope you can play your violin in your concert.

You are welcome! I am glad you had a great birthday, but I am sorry that you could not go to the Mexican restaurant that you really like. I hope you can go there some time soon. One hour ago, when I got home from work at the library, I actually made a quesadilla for dinner tonight right before I got your message; that is strange! I only use my cell phone once or twice a day to call my Dad, and I do not have an addiction to my cell phone like a lot of people do. Yes, the problem with my cell phone is very weird, and I still do not have a new cell phone yet; my Dad & I have conjectured that maybe someone got my telephone number somehow when I was at Disneyland 10 days ago, since I tried to use it while I was there, but I could not get it to work.

I am sorry that you had to miss the two days of school, and that something is wrong with your stomach & esophagus. I am unfamiliar with Pepcid, but I hope it works for you. I hope you do not have to go to the ER, since it is scary being there. Do you have problems with eating? That is great about you winning your essay contest & winning $100.00! You have a great teacher, and he seems to really care about you! Good luck with your future essay contests!

You are welcome! I was scared when I took SSRI's for the first time, but I gradually got used to them, and I still take an SSRI called Paxil, which I have taken for the last 15 years. It has really helped me with my depression & anxiety. That is nice of your mother to offer money to you for taking them, and I do not want you to feel bad any more either. I am glad that I made you feel better.

You are welcome! I am glad you had fun performing for the senior citizens. I hope you have fun performing with your orchestra in the spring. That is so cool performing with the professional orchestra group last year! Performing at the holiday light show & the mall on Friday, 15 December sounds like fun too! I do not really like malls very much either, but I still occasionally go to them; there are 2 malls near me that I go to.

Disneyland was a lot of fun! Yes, it was interesting getting to go again after such a long time. After 17 years, there have been some changes there; one of them is a new park called Disney California Adventure, which I had never been to before. I did not remember very much of Disneyland, but I remembered some of the rides & attractions. One of the members of my meetup group, who carpooled with me, has family in the South, and she works seasonally for Disney World, and she gets employee benefits; she got 3 tickets to Disneyland, and she invited me & 2 other members of the group. I like Disneyland, but it is just so loud & crowded, so that is why I do not like it much.

Our other meetup was fun too! We each brought a box game, and we the games we played were called Apples To Apples, Cards Against Humanity, Carcassonne, and Password. I brought the Password game; it is an old word game from 1964, produced by Milton Bradley. I bought it at a thrift store about 10 years ago. I think I am only comfortable in groups of people with Asperger's syndrome or other disabilities because I can relate to them, and they are more tolerant of me than other people.

You are welcome! I am sorry that you have homework over Thanksgiving. I also enjoyed homework for health class; I thought it was very interesting, and I did not mind doing it. Another kind of homework I liked was for my vocabulary class; we used a workbook called Wordly Wise 3000, where I learned new words. It was an interesting class, and it was with my 2 favourite teachers in high school.

That is great that your German class is a success! Good luck with the new unit in the class! He was a great teacher, and I really liked that CD that he made for me. It also had some other pieces of music by Johann Sebastian Bach & Ludwig Van Beethoven, who were both German composers. The national anthem of Germany is very famous, and it was on the CD. I hope your German teacher shows it to you some time! Both myself & the teacher who worked with me on my senior class project completely forgot about the CD in her computer after my graduation, and I remember I E mailed her about it a few months later, but it was too late; she had already gotten a new computer, so the CD was gone!

Yes, that is very interesting about that writer. I really liked her books, and I wish I could still communicate with her. I guess I will never know why she abandoned me & never replied. I forgot to mention that I did a google search for her old You Tube user name, and I found a few existing references to her which are still online; she was active on You Tube back in 2008 & 2009, and then all of her videos disappeared. It is very confusing that I had that weird dream back on Friday the 13th; I do not know why I had it or what it could mean. The object that I mentioned, which I used to associate with her, was an unusual car from Japan. It was also part of that weird dream.

I thought of you when my Dad & I drove by the Red Robin. It is right off of the Interstate freeway we were driving on. I hope I like it too if I go there. Have you eaten there recently? What do you recommend from the menu?

You are welcome! The day before Thanksgiving was always my last day of school before Thanksgiving break too. I saw the movie called Cool Runnings back when I was 8 years old, on Sunday, 24 October, 1993. My parents took me & my 2 brothers to see it at the cinema; they were 11 and 5 years old at the time. I remember the late John Candy starred in the movie, and it was about athletes in the Olympics. I am sorry you missed the movie because you had to take a test. I always took a long time on tests too, and some of mine also took over an hour to complete too. I did not really like the gym either, but I am glad you & your friend liked the exercise equipment & no one else was there. I also used to say goodbye to my teachers whenever there was a holiday break because I missed them too!

I forgot to mention that I bought another globe a few weeks ago. I bought it from a friend at her store that I always go to every Friday. I bought it for $10.00, and it is just like the globe that I got for Christmas back when I was 8 years old, that I lost when my family moved back in 1996.

I hope you get well soon, and that you are doing well. Have a happy Thanksgiving, and I will talk to you again soon!

bittergrey
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Dec 2017, 4:47 am

Yep, French horn. Stopped playing for 18 years when my mental health went down the shitter, and just recently picked it up again.

WallflowerAsparagus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2017, 4:51 am

I play bass and drums. Having severe depression and little confidence in myself makes it harder for me to practise regularly.

Plus, I live in a unit at the moment, so I bought an electronic kit and I completely destroyed it in no time flat. :|

Neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 156 of 200.
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 56 of 200.
RAADS-R score: 175.0
Artist | INFJ-T | heterodemisexual.

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2018, 5:01 pm

I play the piano, the Synthesizer and the Ukulele very well.

Mythos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Sep 2018, 11:12 pm

I play bass guitar and sort of have the ability to play electric. I'll be looking to play piano and drums when I can.

brightonpete
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Oct 2018, 7:02 am

My mother thought it would be great to learn the piano. Long fingers make a great pianist in her mind. Except when the first recital came. That was the end of it for me.

I then tried accordion. I couldn’t manage one static keyboard, what made me think a moveable keyboard would be any easier? It wasn’t!

In Grade 7, I had a clarinet, but didn’t get the hang of it. So teacher thought drums would be good. At one point he had another drummer student take me outside to learn rhythm. I never got the hang of it.

Completely inept at anything I try!

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2018, 5:59 pm

I play the violin and keyboard.