Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Princess78
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Location: Massachusetts, or in a cottage with seven little men

28 Nov 2011, 5:44 pm

It hasn't happened to me, but it happened to my boyfriend. We were standing in line one day at the Christmas Tree Shops (for those of you who aren't familiar with the Christmas Tree Shops, they are a chain of stores on the East Coast in the U.S., and they have all kinds of stuff -- holiday decorations, household items, greeting cards, etc. -- and they are a big deal where I come from), and this man asked him if he could help him. He said, "I don't work here." The man apologized and when he left, I asked my boyfriend if he gets that a lot. He said yes. I said it must have been the jacket he was wearing (it was orange, and people who work at the Christmas Tree Shops wear green vests, so I don't know how he was mistaken for one their employees) and he said probably. Clothes might have a lot to do with it.

Dae
Toucan
Toucan

28 Nov 2011, 6:58 pm

omg, yes. This has happened to me way too many times. I've even had people looking to me for assistance when I was wearing SWEATS, for god's sake. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one...

number2
Toucan
Toucan

28 Nov 2011, 10:17 pm

It's happened too me at a guitar store.

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2011, 10:30 pm

This happens to me all the time. My most common stores are Home Depot, Bass pro shop and Tractor supply. When people ask me where to find things there, I actually answer them. It's easier then explaining I don't work there, plus I have the stores memorized more then most the employees anyways.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 3:21 am

You don't have to wear clothes similar to the uniform of the shop employees, it's enough to wear something that might be resemblant to shop uniforms in general or something like an "orange lanyard for my keys" that AdamDZ has. I have an orange stripe watch. :P

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 3:57 am

This seems like a bizarre question. But I actually work at a store and I sometimes get, "do you work here?" and Im in uniform with a name tag and all. So its the opposite with me.