Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

idlewild
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Nov 2011, 10:17 pm

I've noticed a lot of Aspies on WP are either Christian or atheist, which makes sense considering we're mostly Western English-speakers, but I was wondering if there were any other minority religion Aspies on WP? Any Pagans? Buddhists? Jews? Hindus? Others?

Does being Aspie affect the way you perceive your faith? Do you have a different approach to your religion compared to NTs?

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 159 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 75 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

CommanderAspie613
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Nov 2011, 10:37 pm

Its spelled P-E-G-A-N-S. And I am a jew, I have noticed barely any minorities but neo-pegans seem somewhat common on here too. Also KXMode is a jehovah's witness, if you have read any of his recent posts or have seen his avatar, you would be able to tell, but I dont speak for him so I shouldnt use his name here(I fear I may slandar him in a way, I dont want to hurt his feelings or start a fight).

idlewild
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Nov 2011, 10:44 pm

CommanderAspie613 wrote:
Its spelled P-E-G-A-N-S. And I am a jew, I have noticed barely any minorities but neo-pegans seem somewhat common on here too. Also KXMode is a jehovah's witness, if you have read any of his recent posts or have seen his avatar, you would be able to tell, but I dont speak for him so I shouldnt use his name here(I fear I may slandar him in a way, I dont want to hurt his feelings or start a fight).

I'm assuming that's meant to be funny? Because that misspelling makes my hands twitch to correct it.

CommanderAspie613
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Nov 2011, 10:55 pm

idlewild wrote:
CommanderAspie613 wrote:

I'm assuming that's meant to be funny? Because that misspelling makes my hands twitch to correct it.

Kinda, its also an alternative way to spell it(an unorthodox way). I am sorry for the misspelling, I know you spell it like Peyganns. :roll:

idlewild
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Nov 2011, 10:57 pm

CommanderAspie613 wrote:

Kinda, its also an alternative way to spell it(an unorthodox way). I am sorry for the misspelling, I know you spell it like Peyganns. :roll:

I've been Pagan for well over a decade and don't know anyone who uses that spelling. It's about as funny as Moozlums.

CommanderAspie613
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Nov 2011, 11:20 pm

idlewild wrote:
CommanderAspie613 wrote:

I've been Pagan for well over a decade and don't know anyone who uses that spelling. It's about as funny as Moozlums.

I think that may be because non-pagans use it. Idk even the wiki page has a redirect for it, I think I would be very embarassed to know ive been spelling it wrong... :lol:

idlewild
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Nov 2011, 11:27 pm

CommanderAspie613 wrote:

I think that may be because non-pagans use it. Idk even the wiki page has a redirect for it, I think I would be very embarassed to know ive been spelling it wrong... :lol:

Is this the same as non-GLBT people using the word "fa***t"? I'm failing to see how this could be a positive or legit usage. It just sounds like bullying to me.

CommanderAspie613
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Nov 2011, 11:55 pm

idlewild wrote:
CommanderAspie613 wrote:

Is this the same as non-GLBT people using the word "fa***t"? I'm failing to see how this could be a positive or legit usage. It just sounds like bullying to me.

Sorry I really didnt mean it. The peyganns was a joke not the pegans, its like how british spell it humour and americans humor, but instead pegans and pagans. I in no way mean to be mean to you or your religion.

artrat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 12:03 am

I know that I am not a Christian, atheist or agnostic. I am currently in the process of researching and finding a religion.
I believe in a creator but not a messiah and feel a strong connection with nature. I don't know if I believe in an afterlife.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

CommanderAspie613
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Nov 2011, 12:09 am

artrat wrote:
I know that I am not a Christian, atheist or agnostic. I am currently in the process of researching and finding a religion.
I believe in a creator but not a messiah and feel a strong connection with nature. I don't know if I believe in an afterlife.

The Belief-O-Matic is great. http://www.beliefnet.com/Entertainment/ ... Matic.aspx

I used to be at that stage but after finding my jewish heritage I researched it and I chose judaism as what I know is correct(just my opinion)

artrat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 2:09 am

CommanderAspie613 wrote:
art rat wrote:

The Belief-O-Matic is great. http://www.beliefnet.com/Entertainment/ ... Matic.aspx

I used to be at that stage but after finding my jewish heritage I researched it and I chose judaism as what I know is correct(just my opinion)

My results were Buddhism but I think that is just for entertainment. It will take a while to find what religion is right for me.

VMSmith
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 7:56 am

i used to be a pagan but im not sure if i identify as one anymore or if i identify as an athiest. i was catholic before that and my father orthodox and my family follows him because he is a patriarchal, sexist prick.

Quote:
art rat wrote:

judaism has no after life. paganism maybe- it has that nature conection and its flexible.

idlewild
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Nov 2011, 8:07 am

VMSmith wrote:

judaism has no after life. paganism maybe- it has that nature conection and its flexible.

Depends on the branch of Paganism. Wicca tends toward NeoPlatonic ideas regarding the soul, Asatru has very clear thoughts on the afterlife as does Hellenism and religio Romana. Most Pagans believe in reincarnation although there are a growing number of Pagan atheists/humanists who reject an afterlife concept.

artrat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 5:53 pm

VMSmith wrote:
i used to be a pagan but im not sure if i identify as one anymore or if i identify as an athiest. i was catholic before that and my father orthodox and my family follows him because he is a patriarchal, sexist prick.

Quote:
art rat wrote:

I agree with the ideas of Panentheism. I think it may have similarities to some types of paganism.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 6:27 pm

I learn towards Zen Buddhism, though I haven't meditated in ages.

I also lean towards animism. I believe in some kind of life-priniciple and feel a deep connection to natural objects (not nature in the abstract, though). It's a bit hard to explain, but I'm not a pantheist or a pagan - I just revere trees and stuff.

Abgal64
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Nov 2011, 8:26 pm

artrat wrote:
CommanderAspie613 wrote:
art rat wrote:
Perhaps traditional Haudenosaunee religion. It has a creation myth and its panentheistic qualities should align it well with nature-based practices.