Page 3 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 4:26 pm

Love spells work but they put the victim under psychic attack.

idlewild
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Mar 2012, 5:38 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
idlewild wrote:
ellora wrote:
I am my own blend of buddhist and pagan. my beliefs and philosophy are predominantly buddhist, though I have celebrated pagan holidays for years; spring and autumn equanoix and winter solstice in place of traditional holidays. when my children were growing up I recieved a few critical looks from parents who couldent believe that I had done away with santa and the easter bunny.

I love Santa. Technically, he is the first God I ever worshiped (believed in, communicated with, followed the rules of and made offerings to).

Christmas and Easter are not untainted by Paganism themselves.

Bunnies are pagan fertility symbols of spring that have nothing to do with Christ, and December 25th is the birthday of ancient pagan sun god.

This is true. Catholicism folded in a lot of the existing culture to it's religious practices, right down to incense and altars.

But that doesn't mean those holidays are Pagan in nature. The solstice no longer falls on Dec 25th, and Easter certainly is no longer a celebration of Ishtar. While some of the elements have Pagan origins, in the past 1500 years the holidays have had time to become uniquely Christian, and as we enter into a more secular age we see them begin to drift from a Christian meaning to a secular celebration. In 1,000 years the meaning of those festivals could be quite different, regardless of their origins.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 159 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 75 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 9:51 pm

I find it impossible to accept in this scientific age the concept of worshiping the Moon. Yet I try to fit in with the Pagan community so I tell them it is my dream to go to the Moon rather than worshiping it. Better yet since most Pagans are interested in feminism I tell them that Women should also be allowed to go to the Moon.

idlewild
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Mar 2012, 10:02 pm

androbot2084 wrote:
I find it impossible to accept in this scientific age the concept of worshiping the Moon. Yet I try to fit in with the Pagan community so I tell them it is my dream to go to the Moon rather than worshiping it. Better yet since most Pagans are interested in feminism I tell them that Women should also be allowed to go to the Moon.

Is this sarcasm? Considering the moon's affect on our planet, I would say it was worth a healthy dose of respect.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 159 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 75 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)