Would you rather live 80 years or 1,000 years?

Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Which sounds better?
80 years 37%  37%  [ 16 ]
1000 years 63%  63%  [ 27 ]
Total votes : 43

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2011, 10:44 pm

1000 years and 80 years say nothing by themselves.

I would totally go and live 1000 years, IF the last 975 years of them I had the body and mental health I have in my 25s AND also my family lived as much.

Otherwise, it would be dumb.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2011, 10:50 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
1000 years and 80 years say nothing by themselves.

I would totally go and live 1000 years, IF the last 975 years of them I had the body and mental health I have in my 25s AND also my family lived as much.

Otherwise, it would be dumb.

My mother and father are dead, my dad died when I was 13 and my mom just two months ago in the month that I turned 26. I would still rather continue to live for as many years as possible.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2011, 10:54 pm

I will deduce from your previous participation in this forum that you still have other family members. Nevertheless, I find your opinion about how many years you'd like to live irrelevant in regards to whether I should change my opinion about my amount of years to live.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2011, 11:59 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
I will deduce from your previous participation in this forum that you still have other family members. Nevertheless, I find your opinion about how many years you'd like to live irrelevant in regards to whether I should change my opinion about my amount of years to live.

Yeah, you can do whatever you like with your opinions if you so choose to be that way.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 7:23 am

donnie_darko wrote:

My obsession with technology makes this a no-brainer.

Where do I sign up for the millennial package?

VMSmith
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 8:43 am

i'm sick of life now. why would i want to keep going that long?

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 11:29 pm

adifferentname wrote:
donnie_darko wrote:

Similarly, my desire to see space, traveling everywhere in the solar system that can be traversed safely and perhaps traveling to another star system or more than one other star system if technology ever advances enough, is part of what drives me to want to live as long as possible. Of course I cannot imagine living that long without my wife, but she wants to live with me and go with me thereto also. If I can be of use in the construction, designing, maintenance, and repairs of spacecraft and space stations, then that would be even cooler.

mikecartwright
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Dec 2011, 12:03 am

80 Years.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2011, 9:08 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
donnie_darko wrote:

Similarly, my desire to see space, traveling everywhere in the solar system that can be traversed safely and perhaps traveling to another star system or more than one other star system if technology ever advances enough, is part of what drives me to want to live as long as possible. Of course I cannot imagine living that long without my wife, but she wants to live with me and go with me thereto also. If I can be of use in the construction, designing, maintenance, and repairs of spacecraft and space stations, then that would be even cooler.

So much to learn, so many advances to witness, so little time in one life to experience it all.

And of course, the question as to whether we'll 'make it' is one that I'll regret not knowing the answer to, when on my deathbed.

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2011, 9:34 pm

Oodain wrote:
i bet i could keep myself entertained for a thousand years, there are simply so many possibilities and so much to learn and understand.

i agree, Plato said the only beings who don't do philosophy are Gods and Sages because they are wise and senseless people because they think they are wise. philosophers are in between them, they aren't wise but they are aware that they aren't wise. seeks wisdom, and loves wisdom.

it is humanly impossible to learn everything there is to learn in the Universe simply because we lack enough time so if i could live for 1000 years(preferably 10,000-100,000) i would dedicate it to learning as much as i can and even with that longevity i guarantee that when i die i will only have learned a fraction of what there is to know in the Universe