Is It racist to keep track "blacks","whites,

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Is it racist to keep track "blacks","whites", "hispanics", and many other "groups", every time you're writing about Americans?
It's definitely racial, and obsessive enough to be racist. 29%  29%  [ 4 ]
No. 71%  71%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 14

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 9:56 am

Why do Democrats say there are the non-racist party, when every study they do is intensely racial? "Blacks", "whites", "hispanics", "asians", "pacific islanders", etc., etc.

My favorite division is actually called "Hispanic (non-Caucasian)", simply because it's so silly in its obsession to divide people.

Every American is artificially thrown into groups by "race", gender, economic level -- they always insist on segregating us, as if each "group" that we "belong to" is its own separate country or something. As if we don't all work and interact together on a daily basis. It's like the "Palestinians" and the "Israel Jews" -- true, they differ in principles and agendas more than "blacks" and "whites" do (for there is not ideology to which "blacks" belong as opposed to which "whites" belong), but even in Israel, many Jews and Arabs work together in the same companies and even in government alongside each other and at peace with each other.

Check it out -- what you won't hear from the mainstream media's spin machines:

Most Israeli Arabs Proud to be Israeli:
http://elderofziyon.blogspot.com/2011/09/most-israeli-arabs-are-proud-to-be.html

Israelis and Palestians "team up":
http://www.jta.org/news/article/2011/08/25/3089129/from-stabbing-idf-soldiers-to-having-them-as-teammates-palestinian-uses-football-for-peace&sa=U&ei=ffHUTqyMGcultwe7pZT8AQ&ved=0CA8QFjAA&usg=AFQjCNEexP6pVUekWWb9o9gb5AkxvmYBDA

But STOP! Remember the mantra: "Rule #1: Peace can only come when Israel is destroyed. Rule #2: If peace comes before Israel is destroyed, or equivalently crippled toward its destruction, refer to Rule #1. Do not deviate. We are the media."

I just find it interesting that the very party who shouts most loudly and frequently how non-racist they are is clearly obsessed with race -- as if the idea of an American melting pot is anathema to them. Well, they gotta keep the class warfare going, so it's good, from their perspective, to invent as many classes as possible. The truth and the agenda behind this is, we are easier for our government to rule and conquer when we're divided. We're not considered to be people anymore, to the government: we're various disparate "types".

Last edited by Ragtime on 29 Nov 2011, 10:30 am, edited 9 times in total.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 9:58 am

Most Iranian Jews are proud to be Iranian.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 10:29 am

The american people are not "put into pigeionholes" by anyone but themselves.

The american people (like all people everywhere in every era) are obsessed with pigeonholing themselves and each other.

So naturally our instittuions follow our lead by studying how we pigeonhole ourselves and each other.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 11:21 am

naturalplastic wrote:
The american people are not "put into pigeionholes" by anyone but themselves.

The american people (like all people everywhere in every era) are obsessed with pigeonholing themselves and each other.

So naturally our instittuions follow our lead by studying how we pigeonhole ourselves and each other.

I simply could not disagree more. Generally, our institutions lead us, and they lead Left, in the vein of the divide-and-conquer segregation narrative I mentioned. We're all one country, and, in that particular way, we're one people: America.
But peaceful unity is something the Left despises and disrupts in practice, while verbally praising it. (Like it does America itself.)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 11:53 am

No its racist to say one race is superior and others are inferior, but it is not racist to acknowledge race.

at least that's my opinion, also sometimes people of certain races are more likely to get certain diseases.....so they should be informed if thats a factor

also cultural differences are rather important especially in psychology a psychologist who grew up in a totally white rather wealthy neighborhood where most people go to church every sunday and follow all those rules of society and has had no exposure to any other life style would not do a hispanic person from Lakewood, Colorado(were I live) a whole lot of good.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 12:03 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
No its racist to say one race is superior and others are inferior, but it is not racist to acknowledge race.

at least that's my opinion, also sometimes people of certain races are more likely to get certain diseases.....so they should be informed if thats a factor

also cultural differences are rather important especially in psychology a psychologist who grew up in a totally white rather wealthy neighborhood where most people go to church every sunday and follow all those rules of society and has had no exposure to any other life style would not do a hispanic person from Lakewood, Colorado(were I live) a whole lot of good.

Well, my question is whether or not racial factors can be overly reported and overly emphasized. I mean, to some, everything is highly racial in nature. Your food, your morality, your religion, your choice of car, your income, your city, your clothes, etc. There comes a point where it's just racist to claim a race angle in every single story about everything. I agree with what you said, but my OP is referring not to "acknowledging" race, but those in the media who preach race nonstop.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 12:10 pm

Ragtime wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Well, my question is whether or not racial factors can be overly reported and overly emphasized. I mean, to some, everything is highly racial in nature. Your food, your morality, your religion, your choice of car, your income, your city, your clothes, etc. There comes a point where it's just racist to claim a race angle in every single story about everything. I agree with what you said, but my OP is referring not to "acknowledging" race, but those in the media who preach race nonstop.

Well unless they are trying to point out how a race is inferior.......then I don't think its technically racist, but sometimes the media does overdo it. I mean something I've ran into is apparently its a lot of times assumed that white people are better off then other races so apparantly we all have a nice house, multiple cars ect. But yeah I grew up on food stamps I am pretty far from being anywhere close to even middle class.

So what that ends up causing is division because people of minority races will see white as evil, and be distracted from the fact people of all races are being screwed over. I mean I am just as screwed as the people of other races in my position so the last thing I want is someone assuming I'm stuck up or wealthy because I happen to be white.

WilliamWDelaney
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 12:12 pm

Ragtime wrote:

http://elderofziyon.blogspot.com/2011/09/most-israeli-arabs-are-proud-to-be.html
Oh, so that's what this is about.

I'm pro-Israeli, but I bet you're a Netanyahu supporter. As a supporter of the cause of Israel, this puts me in direct opposition to you here because, if anyone has put Israel careening headlong toward destruction, it's Bibi.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 12:25 pm

WilliamWDelaney wrote:
Ragtime wrote:

I'm pro-Israeli, but I bet you're a Netanyahu supporter. As a supporter of the cause of Israel, this puts me in direct opposition to you here because, if anyone has put Israel careening headlong toward destruction, it's Bibi.

What exactly is Israel's cause?

And unless you live there isen't it a bit odd to be pro-Israeli......I mean I remember when I decided I liked the nation of Canada and was all pro-Canada and people thought that was weird since I live in the U.S.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 12:46 pm

Ragtime wrote:
Why do Democrats say there are the non-racist party, when every study they do is intensely racial? "Blacks", "whites", "hispanics", "asians", "pacific islanders", etc., etc.

I don't know where you get this information--Fox Noise, I suppose. What studies do Democrats do? All we would have to do is find one study that was done by a Democrat and that was not intensely racial, and you're proposition will have been disproven. Certainly, business people (who are not Democrats) will want to know how to market their goods to different populations, and may engage in "intensely racial" marketing studies.

Ragtime wrote:
My favorite division is actually called "Hispanic (non-Caucasian)", simply because it's so silly in its obsession to divide people.

I'm glad that this is your favourite. However, "Hispanic" is not a "race" (in the American definition), and includes both Caucasians and non-Caucasians of Hispanic ethnicity.

Ragtime wrote:
Every American is artificially thrown into groups by "race", gender, economic level -- they always insist on segregating us, as if each "group" that we "belong to" is its own separate country or something.

This isn't necessarily a feature that is "intensely racial", nor "Democrat." Rather, it makes sense to look at race, gender, economic level, etc. differences in certain studies. For example, menopause will be different for men and women. Few people who aren't classified as "Black" are at risk for sickle cell anemia.

Ragtime wrote:
As if we don't all work and interact together on a daily basis.

Not at all.

Ragtime wrote:
It's like the "Palestinians" and the "Israel Jews" -- true, they differ in principles and agendas more than "blacks" and "whites" do (for there is not ideology to which "blacks" belong as opposed to which "whites" belong), but even in Israel, many Jews and Arabs work together in the same companies and even in government alongside each other and at peace with each other.

Which is certainly good. And, certainly why, if you were planning on doing a study of Palestinians and Jews, it would be useful to examine each population separately as well as in the totality.

Ragtime wrote:
I just find it interesting that the very party who shouts most loudly and frequently how non-racist they are is clearly obsessed with race -- as if the idea of an American melting pot is anathema to them. Well, they gotta keep the class warfare going, so it's good, from their perspective, to invent as many classes as possible. The truth and the agenda behind this is, we are easier for our government to rule and conquer when we're divided. We're not considered to be people anymore, to the government: we're various disparate "types".

Wasn't Herman Cain most recently shouting about how non-racist he and the Republican party are? Does this mean that he is obsessed with race, anathematized by the American melting pot, etc. etc.?

Or, when Miss Coulter proclaimed that her Blacks were better than anyone else's Blacks--that means that she is racist, and not obsessed with race, according to your logic.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 12:53 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Well unless they are trying to point out how a race is inferior.......then I don't think its technically racist, but sometimes the media does overdo it. I mean something I've ran into is apparently its a lot of times assumed that white people are better off then other races so apparantly we all have a nice house, multiple cars ect. But yeah I grew up on food stamps I am pretty far from being anywhere close to even middle class.

So what that ends up causing is division because people of minority races will see white as evil, and be distracted from the fact people of all races are being screwed over. I mean I am just as screwed as the people of other races in my position so the last thing I want is someone assuming I'm stuck up or wealthy because I happen to be white.

Very true. Middle class isn't anywhere near the reach of my future plans either. But I'm Jewish, so I'm apparently rich and powerful. :roll:

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 1:13 pm

There is nothing racist about collecting demographic data.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 1:18 pm

Ragtime wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Very true. Middle class isn't anywhere near the reach of my future plans either. But I'm Jewish, so I'm apparently rich and powerful. :roll:

It is very likely I will be considered below the poverty line in my country(maybe it varies, don't know) for my entire life cause I don't see myself climbing up that ladder at all.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 1:30 pm

Ragtime wrote:

Every American is artificially thrown into groups by "race", gender, economic level -- they always insist on segregating us, as if each "group" that we "belong to" is its own separate country or something. As if we don't all work and interact together on a daily basis. It's like the "Palestinians" and the "Israel Jews" -- true, they differ in principles and agendas more than "blacks" and "whites" do (for there is not ideology to which "blacks" belong as opposed to which "whites" belong), but even in Israel, many Jews and Arabs work together in the same companies and even in government alongside each other and at peace with each other.

Now hold on. Don't you see where you are being more than a tad hypocritical? On the one hand, you excoriate Democrats for doing studies that include demographic information based on race, age, gender, etc. Then, you praise effusively an Israeli study that also provides information based on demographic variables.

Quote:
The Israel Democracy Index survey 2011, released their results a few days ago. One question they asked was intriguing: How proud are you to be an Israeli?

Among Jews, the vast majority - nearly 88% - said they were either "very proud" or "quite proud" to be Israeli.

But the Arab response was positive as well. 52.8% said they were proud, as opposed to 41.6% who said they were not.

Nearly 64% of Israeli Arabs said they were "certain" they wanted to live in Israel for the long term, with another 18% saying they want to but are not certain.

Not all the news is good, though. In response to the statement "It is never justified to use violence to achieve political ends" over half the Arabs (55%) strongly or somewhat disagreed.

The results of the survey would have been nowhere near as useful or interesting if the results had not been separated by demographic group.

WilliamWDelaney
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 1:38 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
WilliamWDelaney wrote:
Ragtime wrote:

Doing a lot more than you would to help a country that was firing rockets at you.

http://unitedwithisrael.org/the-truth-a ... d-to-gaza/

And in some cases significantly more than I would.

So there.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 1:47 pm

WilliamWDelaney wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
WilliamWDelaney wrote:
Ragtime wrote:

Doing a lot more than you would to help a country that was firing rockets at you.

http://unitedwithisrael.org/the-truth-a ... d-to-gaza/

And in some cases significantly more than I would.

So there.

Such as firing bigger, badder weapons at that country, trying to block people from having access to resources via walls and curfews and raiding the towns with tanks and such with no regards to who gets killed because there may be terrorists about hiding amoung the palestinians.

You're right I don't really like excessive violence so I probably would not do all that......I'd probably try to get to the root of the problem and work it out so that maybe there could be a bit of peace in that region but that's just me.