Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2011, 8:08 pm

Well, the thought of her did. Or thinking how she would respond to some overwhelming stuff kept me from having a screaming SLOW DOWN NOW AND LET ME OUT meltdown in the car.

Now, she has responded to several of my posts or on the thread I'm in and so, I did like I do a lot of people who I read and read some of their old posts. I basically filed her under "Big Music Fan" and went on. Not that I thought anything bad, I didn't, music fans are cool, but I'm not that into music.

Today, while I was riding on a long car ride, squashed in the back of the car with the kids, and my husband was driving, I got afraid of wrecks. Now, I don't just get afraid of wrecks, I imagine what exact wreck we will have and the injuries etc and how it will feel. I get really upset. I especially hate when it feels like we are going too fast, even though we aren't. My husband was going about 60 and the speed limit was 65. Not too fast at all. Sunny, clear day, not a lot of traffic. I was still sure we were going to die. He was switching around radio stations.

He came to "British Invasion Weekend" on this one station and I said "Leave it there please". So he did. I thought "Could Cockney use this music to distance herself from the situation?" I thought I bet she could. So I sat in the back of the car, squished up by the kids, and pretended I was her and was listening to music I liked a whole lot. It helped me calm down so much!

Even though you didn't do anything yourself Cockney, thank you! That so helped me. If I had never "cybermet" you, I wouldn't have thought of that! You rock!

Frances

Dae
Toucan
Toucan

03 Dec 2011, 8:49 pm

Oh, wow. That's so cool! I've had that experience a few times recently myself. Just get to thinking about different post-ers on WP and I get a smile ...that often doesn't actually show up on my face. How Aspie is that? lol

Icyclan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Dec 2011, 9:02 pm

I'd hate to ruin the feel-good atmosphere, but isn't Cockney Rebel a man?

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2011, 9:05 pm

Her posts say she's a girl. At least I think. If I have it wrong, oh God I'm sorry Cockney. Or some of the older ones did. I read first ones then skip to the middle, read the later ones, etc. It gives me a sense of who the person is.

Holy Hell I hope I don't have it wrong!

Frances

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2011, 9:07 pm

Her posts say she's a girl. At least I think. If I have it wrong, oh God I'm sorry Cockney. Or some of the older ones did. I read first ones then skip to the middle, read the later ones, etc. It gives me a sense of who the person is.

Holy Hell I hope I don't have it wrong!

Frances

Icyclan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Dec 2011, 9:15 pm

I just checked, 'her' profile says he's male...

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2011, 9:22 pm

I may be confusing two different posters then because I read peoples back posts.

My bad Cockney.

The thought of what you would do still helped.

Frances

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2011, 9:45 pm

Well, he's transgendered (FtM)... So I hope that helps to clear up the confusion...

Anyway, I'm really happy that thinking of CockneyRebel helped you. It certainly makes me happy to think of him, since I'm one of his good friends.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2011, 10:00 pm

Ah ok. My bad. I did not know. As I said, I read over a few posts here and there.

I did not mean to offend.

I just wanted to say thanks.

Frances

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2011, 11:39 pm

You didn't do anything wrong and I'm glad that I had such a positive impact on you. :)

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2011, 5:09 am

Dear Mick, I just had to say what an impression all this has made on me. All you do is just say what is on your mind, express your opinions, share your day with us, present yourself honestly, and you have become an example for someone. I don't think I've ever read you telling anyone what to do or think, you just walk your path, accept yourself, and maybe that's what we are supposed to do, after all! Sylkat :D