Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Dec 2011, 10:59 am

Just would like to know :)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2011, 11:35 am

Well I did recently lose some weight I have not been able to gain back......and I smoke ciggerettes and drink caffinated beverages, caffine and nicotine are stimulants but I don't know that's why I lost the weight.

The_Wanderer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Dec 2011, 12:25 pm

LOTZ! This was mostly intentional though with good ole adderall :wink:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Dec 2011, 12:30 pm

I actually gained weight when I tried em; I was hungrier when I was on em so I was eating more. I was on other psych meds at the time too thou

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Tambourine-Man
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2011, 4:49 pm

I take 30mg of Desoxyn (methamphetamine hydrochloride) per day and haven't lost any weight.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

05 Dec 2011, 12:15 am

On 54mg of Concerta and 10mg of Adderall? No weight loss.

DuneyBlues
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Dec 2011, 2:54 pm

Aww shuckle berries..

Tambourine-Man
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 1:05 pm

Stimulants really aren't a sensible treatment for obesity. They lose their anoretic properties after a couple of weeks. They are great for increasing your motivation, which may help you to exercise, but taking them will not, in and of itself, be very useful for weight loss.

The_Wanderer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Dec 2011, 11:45 pm

Quote:
Stimulants really aren't a sensible treatment for obesity. They lose their anoretic properties after a couple of weeks. They are great for increasing your motivation, which may help you to exercise, but taking them will not, in and of itself, be very useful for weight loss.

I've been taking adderall for years now ( 60mg/day) and it still curves my appetite quite a bit. Nothing like when I first started and I couldn't even bare the thought of eating but still definitely still makes it hard to eat. But I agree that it really shouldn't be used to loose weight, there are much safer and effective ways to do this.

WhiteWidow
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 6:29 pm

anti depressants have a history with weight gain actually. The word "one" as in o-wn" in Co-Respiridone, is known to have weight increasing effects. I haven't lost weight on stimulants, I'm more hungry as stated earlier in this thread by another user. However I work out to keep the weight off, and it's not a large amount either.

The_Wanderer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Dec 2011, 8:14 pm

WhiteWidow wrote:
anti depressants have a history with weight gain actually. The word "one" as in o-wn" in Co-Respiridone, is known to have weight increasing effects. I haven't lost weight on stimulants, I'm more hungry as stated earlier in this thread by another user. However I work out to keep the weight off, and it's not a large amount either.

Respirdone is an anti-psychotic and they are known for weight gain. Were talking about stimulant adhd medications like adderall, ridilian....etc

B3astM4n
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Dec 2011, 11:11 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Well I did recently lose some weight I have not been able to gain back......and I smoke ciggerettes and drink caffinated beverages, caffine and nicotine are stimulants but I don't know that's why I lost the weight.

Cigarettes have a diuretic effect so you lose water weight, and it has appetite suppressing abilities, enough caffeine will raise your metabolic rate. I smoke and am a bit addicted to diet soda and sugar-free energy drinks (At work mainly), lol, os I know what you mean.

Giant
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Dec 2011, 2:14 pm

I lost a ton of weight when I was on Adderall for about 9 months. I used to be quite obese at one point. I never measured myself because I didn't even want to know. I do know I lost about 8 inches off my waist. For the first time in a long, long time I started to feel healthy again.

I'm back on it now and losing weight again albeit more slowly.

pollyfinite
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Dec 2011, 9:29 pm

30 lbs on focalin, but I was on a diet as well. I am still on focalin and not losing anything, but I am not on a diet either.

OldMom61
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Dec 2011, 9:40 pm

[quote="Tambourine-Man"]Stimulants really aren't a sensible treatment for obesity. They lose their anoretic properties after a couple of weeks. They are great for increasing your motivation, which may help you to exercise, but taking them will not, in and of itself, be very useful for weight loss.[/quote

This has proven true for my son 13 who struggles with weight. The Ritalin has done nothing to increase weight loss. Unfortunately. Of course the Zoloft for OCD may not help either.

Jp896
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Dec 2011, 7:48 pm

100 lbs on adderall in under a year