Page 1 of 7 [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

DuneyBlues
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Dec 2011, 9:19 pm

I'll start off , some are loud and obnoxious.

bcousins
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2011, 10:06 pm

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt154139.html

40+ Pages worth!

Sona_21
Raven
Raven

05 Dec 2011, 10:30 pm

They like sarcasm to much, and half the time it's nearly impossible to tell they are being sarcastic. Also the like to overuse certain words.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 12:56 pm

They are seem so stupid to me, like sheep. I also don't like how they make fun of people, and they seem selfish to me.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

ArtemisHolmes
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Dec 2011, 4:54 pm

Ganondox wrote:
They are seem so stupid to me, like sheep. I also don't like how they make fun of people, and they seem selfish to me.

:lol:

Er, sorry. Couldn't resist. In any case, what annoys me is the ease at which they make enemies, as though it's all casual to them when they're making someone feel horrible about themselves. Or trying to make them feel horrible. I see it happen all too often.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

07 Dec 2011, 12:06 am

How narrow-minded some of them could be. I don't see it very often at my school, but it happens here.

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2011, 11:03 am

Pretty much everything. It doesn't apply to all, but most. Why do they have to be so rude? It's like they'll never pass up an opportunity to make fun of someone.

Rai27
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Dec 2011, 11:35 am

Actually, I know some pretty nice ones - the girls in my classes at school are all OK. But the boys tend to be ruder than them. I do agree that some of them - girls especially - can seem like sheep, but there are always differences between them. This one is more serious, while that one is slightly mad, and that one is really funny... Being NT is like being on the AS - we are all different. We can't really say that something annoys us about NTs because it's stereotyping them.

AQ - 38
DREAMS>REALITY

DuneyBlues
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Dec 2011, 12:34 pm

And they stereotype us , they rely on generalized comments that lack the evidence to describe us , just to make thier world easier.

'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain

Last edited by DuneyBlues on 08 Dec 2011, 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

younginflavor18
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Dec 2011, 4:34 pm

I don't have anything against NT teenagers, but what annoys me about most of them is that they don't have the time to think and understand what is like to have a developmental disabilty and not to be fully understood by other people around them. Also, NT teens don't understand autism is very complex.

sMeow
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Dec 2011, 8:25 am

(most) NTs think an autistic can only be severe or something. So when you told to them that you have Aspergers, because you can do things like them, they think "so he's a NT". Sometimes I'd love to be more affected by Aspergers, so people could stop to think like that...

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 8:36 pm

sMeow wrote:
(most) NTs think an autistic can only be severe or something. So when you told to them that you have Aspergers, because you can do things like them, they think "so he's a NT". Sometimes I'd love to be more affected by Aspergers, so people could stop to think like that...

yeah i know what you mean so many NTs once they find out im autistic thet automatically think im mentally challenged then i gotta explain that there is a whole spectrum and people like me, and most on WP, are on the more higher functioning side of the spectrum and that im only mentally challenged when it comes to socializing that i can't pick up on social cues like they can, course some NTs are cool and will try to understand me and how i am and that at least shows they care

Arisa
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Dec 2011, 9:48 pm

Eh. For almost every irritating NT, I can find an equally irritating aspie. I know aspies who are sarcastic, selfish, self-righteous, judgmental, and close-minded. Heck, the most annoying, narrow-minded leech of a person I've ever known just so happened to be an aspie, and some of my best friends are "neurotypicals". Neurotypical people bother me no more than aspies, and teenagers are no exception.

It helps to judge people on an individual basis rather than grouping them all together.

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2011, 10:30 pm

TheKing wrote:
sMeow wrote:

yeah i know what you mean so many NTs once they find out im autistic thet automatically think im mentally challenged then i gotta explain that there is a whole spectrum and people like me, and most on WP, are on the more higher functioning side of the spectrum and that im only mentally challenged when it comes to socializing that i can't pick up on social cues like they can, course some NTs are cool and will try to understand me and how i am and that at least shows they care

It's because they don't know much about autism. Although information is available, looking up such a topic may not be their priority until it somehow impacts their life, which in their eyes, it hasn't yet done so. They might not be interested in such a topic before you bring it up. Let's say you don't know much about Mesopotamian culture, should the person (who's talking to you) interested in it get mad because he or she would have to explain it?

Forever in debt to your priceless advice

Beaux
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Dec 2011, 7:33 pm

Most are content with what they know. The best philosophy is an evolving one because being adamant about your beliefs may prevent you from realizing that others may have points. They also don't think that they should tell others how they feel because that would make them different. I guess having already accepted that I'm different is one of the best things that has happened. 8)

WhiteWidow
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 11:51 pm

Partying and going out all the time to drink excessively at clubs and not have a couple at a pub. It's such a waste of money in my opinion. One of the guys on the basketball team I use to MASCOT for...

spent 100 dollars in one night on drinks. Like that's insane