Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Zabriski
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Dec 2011, 1:04 pm

i apologize for the thread I made earlier about being thankful. The message I was basically trying to convey that it could always be worse for us. I agree, life is very tough with autism and the way I put it was very snobby and arrogant.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

08 Dec 2011, 1:12 pm

It's okay. All of us word our thoughts wrongly at one point or another.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2011, 1:13 pm

Your "apology" might be taken more seriously if you were to post it as a direct reply to the quoted OP of the thread in question.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2011, 1:16 pm

Zabriski wrote:
i apologize for the thread I made earlier about being thankful. The message I was basically trying to convey that it could always be worse for us. I agree, life is very tough with autism and the way I put it was very snobby and arrogant.

Oh my god! You're an Aspie aren't you?! 8O

:lol:

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

08 Dec 2011, 1:18 pm

Fnord wrote:
Your "apology" might be taken more seriously if you were to post it as a direct reply to the quoted OP of the thread in question.
I was gonna say that, but everyone who posted in the other thread will probably understand.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2011, 1:55 pm

This is a forum where I feel no one judges others and I give others on the spectrum more lattitude to express themselves and I don't get offended and upset and I have been know to not word things the way I wanted to be worded-a lot of NT's and an aspie I know do not seem to give me the same lattitude though and make me feel bad.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2011, 2:12 pm

No problem sweetheart.

mar00
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2011, 2:13 pm

I think this your message is itself deeply flawed. Not only that "worse" philosophy works only for people who have it relatively good in life, christians and children but it is not even really true. Who is to measure the goodness of one's life? Is it all only comfort, big macs and internet?

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

08 Dec 2011, 2:20 pm

Zabriski wrote:

Appreciate the clarification.

I replied rather bluntly . but I wasn't offended. The specific argument doesn't usually help and sounds more like a guilt trip.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to talk about happier things, and a lot of that does happen on WP.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2011, 2:21 pm

Come on people! The poor guy is trying to apologize. Quit jumping down his throat for cripes sake.

Fnord is absolutely right though. Zabriski, it would be better if you put the apology right in the thread itself. It may help the thread stop going south, which is exactly what was happening last time I looked at it.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

SylviaLynn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2011, 2:35 pm

mar00 wrote:
I think this your message is itself deeply flawed. Not only that "worse" philosophy works only for people who have it relatively good in life, christians and children but it is not even really true. Who is to measure the goodness of one's life? Is it all only comfort, big macs and internet?

OP is perhaps 15 years old.

10 yo dd on the spectrum

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

08 Dec 2011, 2:42 pm

MrXxx wrote:
Come on people! The poor guy is trying to apologize. Quit jumping down his throat for cripes sake.

Did I jump down his throat?

Just checking.

mar00
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2011, 3:02 pm

MrXxx wrote:

I don't think that people doubt his kind intentions and a good heart, but he is nevertheless wrong and I think some of us feel that it is important to point it out. It's nothing personal of course but it is a touchy subject. So maybe OP might want to discuss his views with us and clear things out if he is up for that. Again, I don't think people had intentions to insult or took much offence from it either. That's just how it goes if one pushes the buttons.

Zabriski
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Dec 2011, 4:19 pm

mar00 wrote:
MrXxx wrote:

I don't think that people doubt his kind intentions and a good heart, but he is nevertheless wrong and I think some of us feel that it is important to point it out. It's nothing personal of course but it is a touchy subject. So maybe OP might want to discuss his views with us and clear things out if he is up for that. Again, I don't think people had intentions to insult or took much offence from it either. That's just how it goes if one pushes the buttons.

I didn't really mean to offend you. I was just pointing out life could be worse.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2011, 4:35 pm

mar00 wrote:
MrXxx wrote:

I don't think that people doubt his kind intentions and a good heart.

I distrust any poster who in rapid succession starts threads on controversial topics.

The year is still young.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2011, 5:14 pm

Ambivalence wrote:
mar00 wrote:
MrXxx wrote:

I don't think that people doubt his kind intentions and a good heart.

I distrust any poster who in rapid succession starts threads on controversial topics.

Unless you were here for awhile you wouldn't think that subject would be at all controversial.

Don't feel bad, you were just trying to make people happy, and the reaction you got was completely uncalled for.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html