Page 6 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Invader
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Apr 2012, 8:02 am

I'll bet that person was already prone to violence.

herejezus
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Apr 2012, 10:51 am

HisDivineMajesty wrote:
I love your name. Do you happen to speak Dutch? :lol:

Thank you :D Yes, i am dutch. My english sucks, but i'm working on it 8) Are you familair with dutch?

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 10:58 am

Alexender wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Alexender wrote:
I read someone that there is a 9% chance of getting addicted to pot

hmm I smoke it to help with psychological issues, without it I don't do too well. But its hard to tell if that's just because I have nothing to reduce the symptoms...or if its the lack of cannabis specifically.

I was looking up stuff on marijuana cause it is becoming legal in more and more states, or will be in a few years it seems like. I only found one site that said that. But if that statistic is true then I think the percentage for people with autism would be higher, because (at least I think this is true) generally people with autism have addictive personalities

No fair, why's the UK being left out? :P

BTW, you cannot get addicted to weed. You literally cannot. It has no addictive properties. You may get psychologically addicted in the same way you get addicted to the internet or whatever, but if you have that sort of addictive personality you can literally get addicted to anything anyway, so it's up to you to regulate it.

But I mean even if you do weed every day it won't kill you, it's basically impossible to overdose on. Why it's illegal I do not know.

herejezus
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Apr 2012, 11:08 am

And weed can be dangerous. Good weed is not so very dangerous (old weed, with a good THC/CBD/etc. balans), but weed with a high THC doses can be dangerous. It can trigger some serious isseus.
And weed is a psychedelic to. So the experience can be so intens, that it can trigger a traumatic disorder.
People with problems can better not smoke, or smoke on a other way...In a another setting and with positive feelings. But you need selfknowledge for that. Thats why it is so good, to smoke when you older than 23. I already use drugs when i was 10 years old. Not very healthy. And i can not use cannabis anymore, because it makes me anxies and depressed. When i'm stoned, i think that everyone look at me. After the high i feel a rare feeling in my head for weeks/months. Despersonilisation or someting. The smoke is my head then, lol...So, when i'm using drugs when i was 23 (i am now 22 years old), then probably have better experience with drugs.
Well, my experience with psychedelics are good but also very hard. Onetime i cry, scream, s**t in my pants, curse the whole trip, i fight when i take Ayahuasca with 30 other people. That was a serieus very heavy traumatic experience. Not fun. After that, i take no more drugs for 1,5 years. Sometimes i dream about it, and wakeup with a very bad feeling.
When i'm older, maybe i gonna trip on LSD. LSD is a teacher, a good experience FOR ME. Never had problems with LSD.

Last edited by herejezus on 01 Apr 2012, 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 11:10 am

Yeah I imagine if you take anything at 10 years old it won't exactly do you any good...

herejezus
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Apr 2012, 11:12 am

Asp-Z wrote:

BTW, you cannot get addicted to weed. You literally cannot. It has no addictive properties. You may get psychologically addicted in the same way you get addicted to the internet or whatever, but if you have that sort of addictive personality you can literally get addicted to anything anyway, so it's up to you to regulate it.

But I mean even if you do weed every day it won't kill you, it's basically impossible to overdose on. Why it's illegal I do not know.

Hi Asp-Z,

Can you tell me why are people dont get in sleep without weed? Or why people think very fast when they dont smoke anymore, after a serieus cannabis addiction? Or can you tell me why young people dont progress anymore on emotioneel positition, when they smoke every day? There exist people who smoke weed everyday, when they where 12 years old. Now they are 20 years old, and emotioneel still 12 years old...Weed can be a bad product.

herejezus
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Apr 2012, 11:14 am

Asp-Z wrote:
Yeah I imagine if you take anything at 10 years old it won't exactly do you any good...

Do you know that 4 year old children, get Ritalin en other amfetamine-like products?

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 11:16 am

herejezus wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:

Hi Asp-Z,

Can you tell me why are people dont get in sleep without weed? Or why people think very fast when they dont smoke anymore, after a serieus cannabis addiction? Or can you tell me why young people dont progress anymore on emotioneel positition, when they smoke every day? There exist people who smoke weed everyday, when they where 12 years old. Now they are 20 years old, and emotioneel still 12 years old...Weed can be a bad product.

Like I said above, taking anything at a stupidly young age won't do any good, but assuming you do it when your brain is more developed you're unlikely have any issues. Of course, some people react negatively to certain things, but if you're one of those people just don't keep taking it. There's still no 100% proven long term effects. I know loads of people who smoke weed often and they're fine.

herejezus
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Apr 2012, 11:19 am

Asp-Z wrote:
Like I said above, taking anything at a stupidly young age won't do any good, but assuming you do it when your brain is more developed you're unlikely have any issues. Of course, some people react negatively to certain things, but if you're one of those people just don't keep taking it. There's still no 100% proven long term effects. I know loads of people who smoke weed often and they're fine.

I know that kind of people to, but that is not objective. I love statics more.

And yes; the age when people start with taking drugs, is very important. The best age is now 23-25. The brain is then "stonger". But thats a age when it is not cool anymore, to use drugs :lol:

TTRSage
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Apr 2012, 11:42 am

Perhaps to escape the ignorance of the NT world and to be able to sleep. I did the sleep med thing a year ago but it wracked my body so severely I decided that lack of sleep was teh better alternative.

Concerning sensitivities, it is interesting to note though that when I first tried cannabis back in 1969, it took two months for me to first get high on it. It was finally the overwhelming presence of a passing train one night that drove it home to me. I never did like cannabis that much though because it made me vegetate too much when I wanted desperately to be more outgoing. Psychedelics were much more to my liking 3 years later, especially LSD (the real stuff, not the dangerous fake stuff they have these days). I came close to being hooked on speed for a while until I quit cold turkey. I never did like downers at all and still don't, even for medical use. Today I do no drugs at all and get high on life and those very few people who are good to me. I'm an old hippie here who still believes.

gravesatsea
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 May 2014, 5:59 pm

I had a bunch of fears before trying heroin. Fear of needles, addiction, etc. But let's just say, if there is a statistic for aspies and hard drug abuse, I'm definitely one. Unfortunately, of course.

Al725
Toucan
Toucan

25 May 2014, 11:34 pm

Is pot a drug? :lol:

aspiesavant
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 4:06 pm

I tried Ritalin (officially prescribed). buth that made me very unstable.

I tried dextroamphetamine (officially prescribed), but that may me rather numb.

I tried various illegal substances including LSD, MDMA, levoamphetamine, methylone and 2-FMA (self-medicated). Those did benefit me a lot, but the stimulants to tend to be addictive and result in dependence.

Currently, I try to stay free from any medication most of the time, although I do self-medicate occasionally.

My prefered combo for alleviating the more negative Autism symtoms is a mixture of levoamphetamine, methylone and 2-FMA.

coevolve
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Feb 2015, 4:18 pm

I fear many aspies who self-medicate habitually would probably do so alone. Hard to say though,
probably depends on the person by drug interaction. For example, the drug called ecstasy never appealed to me
despite hearing that many people were trying it. I think the idea of being close with many strangers or losing
social control did not appeal to me. I have known alcoholics who I suspected to have some kind of autism. I also wonder how many people with various forms of autism become homeless because they are alone and broke with no support. Research on the percentage of aspies in these situations would be good to know. I have known others who get into hard drugs and it does not usually end well.