Page 6 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

gravesatsea
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 May 2014, 5:59 pm

I had a bunch of fears before trying heroin. Fear of needles, addiction, etc. But let's just say, if there is a statistic for aspies and hard drug abuse, I'm definitely one. Unfortunately, of course.

Al725
Toucan
Toucan

25 May 2014, 11:34 pm

Is pot a drug? :lol:

aspiesavant
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 4:06 pm

I tried Ritalin (officially prescribed). buth that made me very unstable.

I tried dextroamphetamine (officially prescribed), but that may me rather numb.

I tried various illegal substances including LSD, MDMA, levoamphetamine, methylone and 2-FMA (self-medicated). Those did benefit me a lot, but the stimulants to tend to be addictive and result in dependence.

Currently, I try to stay free from any medication most of the time, although I do self-medicate occasionally.

My prefered combo for alleviating the more negative Autism symtoms is a mixture of levoamphetamine, methylone and 2-FMA.

coevolve
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Feb 2015, 4:18 pm

I fear many aspies who self-medicate habitually would probably do so alone. Hard to say though,
probably depends on the person by drug interaction. For example, the drug called ecstasy never appealed to me
despite hearing that many people were trying it. I think the idea of being close with many strangers or losing
social control did not appeal to me. I have known alcoholics who I suspected to have some kind of autism. I also wonder how many people with various forms of autism become homeless because they are alone and broke with no support. Research on the percentage of aspies in these situations would be good to know. I have known others who get into hard drugs and it does not usually end well.