Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Zabriski
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Dec 2011, 6:57 pm

I've always been ridiculously clumsy, which is common in kids with autism. My parents have told me I would outgrow it, but I haven't :oops:

I don't mind it too much, because I'm always making funny mistakes that makes people laugh :lol:

I've actually met my my best friend Kenneth from making a mistake, which is a good story.

At lunch, I had a tray with milk and pizza. I tripped, sending the food and drink splattering all over the person sitting next to Kenneth, causing him to laugh his butt off. After that he helped me clean up the mess and I launched into a discussion of politics with him and the boy I spilt food on. We soon became really good friends, and I still talk with him a lot even though this was 3 years ago.

Of course it isn't always a blessing. I've broken more phones then I can count. Dropping them down the toilet, dropping them while walking, ext. :oops:

So tell me your funny stories about clumsiness. I'll listen to them with open ears.

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2011, 7:04 pm

On the topic of broken phones (and other electronics), that's what ruggedized stuff is for ;). I'm not going back to a non-ruggedized phone now that I've gotten one.

As for funny stories, the standard one I tell is from when I was probably about 7.

I was at an event at the Finnish heritage society place for midsummer, and there was a competition for the kids of who could throw the ball the farthest. My cousins and my sister were all being incredibly competitive about this, so apparently little-me decided, okay, no big deal, I'll go first.

So I stepped up, picked up the ball, went to throw it and promptly threw it behind me. This was hilarious enough to the rest of the little kids that suddenly it was no longer a serious competition and instead a way to have fun.

Zabriski
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Dec 2011, 7:13 pm

Tuttle wrote:
On the topic of broken phones (and other electronics), that's what ruggedized stuff is for ;). I'm not going back to a non-ruggedized phone now that I've gotten one.

As for funny stories, the standard one I tell is from when I was probably about 7.

I was at an event at the Finnish heritage society place for midsummer, and there was a competition for the kids of who could throw the ball the farthest. My cousins and my sister were all being incredibly competitive about this, so apparently little-me decided, okay, no big deal, I'll go first.

So I stepped up, picked up the ball, went to throw it and promptly threw it behind me. This was hilarious enough to the rest of the little kids that suddenly it was no longer a serious competition and instead a way to have fun.

That's an awesome story. Something like that happened to me at school. While I was playing Kickball, someone rolled the balltowards me, and I *somehow* kicked it so it went backwards, and hit a girl Marissa that I had a crush on :oops: (mind you I was 8 at the time)

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2011, 8:08 pm

Zabriski wrote:
Tuttle wrote:

I accidentally hit my crush in the head with my shoe once. I felt like crap and was profusly apologizing for the next few days, though that had more to do with me just doing something stupid than being clumbsy.

That's an awesome story. Something like that happened to me at school. While I was playing Kickball, someone rolled the balltowards me, and I *somehow* kicked it so it went backwards, and hit a girl Marissa that I had a crush on :oops: (mind you I was 8 at the time)

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html