Asperger and Myers-Briggs Personality Type

Page 7 of 7 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Jo_B1_Kenobi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Apr 2016, 11:17 am

BluSun wrote:
1st: INFP or 2nd: INTP. Took a test in 2008. I know a person who is extraverted as an adult but introverted and Aspie as a child. Can aperson shift like that?

I know someone who shifted from introverted as a child to an extrovert adult, so I'm sure it can change like that. (This person isn't on the spectrum.)

Me, I'm sometimes an ISFJ and sometimes an ISTJ, but most often the ISFJ.

Diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ICD10)

catalina
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Apr 2016, 11:45 am

INTJ
Introvert(19%) iNtuitive(28%) Thinking(16%) Judging(6%)

Grahzmann
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Apr 2016, 11:36 pm

I always score IxTx. N/S and J/P tend to vary.

CuriousButDepressed
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Jul 2017, 10:21 am

I think I might be the only extrovert so far. ENFP

erijon3
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Jan 2018, 5:46 pm

ENFP
Extravert(1%) iNtuitive(31%) Feeling(12%) Perceiving(19%)
You have marginal or no preference of Extraversion over Introversion (1%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (31%)
You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (19%)

Note that I had very much difficulties answering a lot of these question, literaly a lot of these things can be completely different at different times/in different situations. In online chatrooms and stuff I can be a big extravert (be that also a bit of an as*hole sometimes xD), sometimes, especially IRL, I'm much more drawn back. And about inuitive, sometimes in my life I have thought everything through not being that inituitive at all, but sometimes, like lately, I've just said f**k it and kinda improvised a bit, though still driven by some fears, improvised where I can. Feeling over thinking? ONCE AGAIN, it depends omfg. AND JUDGING TOO, it just depends, partly I guess I'm sorta balanced, partly I'm a wreck that changes between extremes.

Also I'm sometimes kinda talky and s**t but still a f*****g wreck. Extravert or introvert? idfk.

I am diagnosed with Asperger's though I do doubt I actually have it.

I'm amazed noone here has called me edgy yet.

AntisocialButterfly
Raven
Raven

24 Jan 2018, 6:18 pm

INTP :) just took it again but yer stayed the same :) I am the same as Einstein :3 mohahahah

Si_82
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2018, 5:36 am

Personality metrics like this tend not to be much more scientific than a horoscope and I know the MB types are not scientifically validated for the claims made against them. ...But then that's exactly what an INTJ Pisces would think! :p

Alexithymia: 137

MJIthewriter
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jan 2018, 4:43 am

INFJ this time. (only a 9% preference for F over T)

56% I
56% N
9% F
31% J

Moderate Introvert, Moderate intuition preference, moderate judging preference
Slight feeling preference.

inmydreams wrote:
Jung, whose theory of personality the Myers Briggs tests were based on, felt strongly that people could flip their type (usually in their thirties but not confined to then - if I remember rightly). However we are Aspergers for life so that will have remained the same. And we learn, so, as the definition of an introvert is someone who needs time to recover having been in the company of others, perhaps your friend adapted and felt less overwhelmed by company. But it is a linear scale so they may have only been JUST inside the margin of extroversion - 1% say... ☺️

This is likely happening with me. Either my type flipped or my realization got more accurate.
I used to always get INFP with it being very close to a T vs F divide. I was for sure I was an INFP until lately I've been rethinking stuff and asking myself more direct questions. Perhaps I have always been an INFJ, but not fully considered my actual self.

I thought I liked the spur of the moment and explore lots of stuff. I'm drawn to it and the concept of self identity of the INFP, but in practice, I am not as random as I like to think. I get annoyed when things change on me. Yes I can quickly adapt, because I've learned to be flexible, but that's because I will quickly compile a new plan and visualize the future of it to lessen the blow.

I tend to want my life more structured than I once thought. I guess I was fooling myself trying to "go with the flow" and live in the moment, but then find myself more anxious and stressed, losing myself in the present moment and forgetting stuff, having the sensation life is passing me by, if I don't have some concrete plan I've drawn out, a goal to strive for. I came to realize those are not INFP traits. INTP, maybe, but not quite there. Maybe I was fooling myself thinking I was a perceiver. I always used the lack of order in my living space as the deciding factor. But take that out of the equation and mentally I align more with a J than a P. I make lists and plans, but don't write them. At the same time I realize though I remember my plans, I can forget in an instant at the wrong times, so maybe I'm better trying to structure my life vs, avoid it.
I value many of the things of the INFJ, the desire towards improvement and people, I tend to think in the future vs, the present moment. Thinking about what I am going to do next and where to go from there. The Ni tends to be strong. I have a great ability to imagine things visually in my mind and imagination, explore things like theology and religion, but also seem to desire a logical slant on those things. I like to help people, but I get frozen up at times. I'm not always sure what to say or do to make things better. I value logic, but I also factor in emotions when I analyze. I want people to be happy, but I don't want to be too people pleasing. I want to see things objectively, but not be cold and unemotional.

I couldn't care less for small talk related to celebrity gossip and who is popular, but if you wish to talk to me about the weather, I will listen. I will ask questions to break the ice and get a gauge of your mood and interest in talking. If people talk too much, I go into listening mode. I might ask questions to keep the conversation going, or I'll disengage if it doesn't interest me and the topic isn't anything I can contribute to.

I think/believe it is common for us on the spectrum to have a dissociation between our thoughts and our feelings/emotions. Those with a feeling preference will get torn between this desire to separate emotion and to engage. It's a duality. You want to help people, or at least live in the world understanding how they work, but at the same time, am disconnected when it comes to understanding feeling, both internal and external.

bumbleme
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jan 2018, 10:29 am

Si_82 wrote:
Personality metrics like this tend not to be much more scientific than a horoscope and I know the MB types are not scientifically validated for the claims made against them. ...But then that's exactly what an INTJ Pisces would think! :p

The MBTI questionnaire (and any online Jungian personality test) isn't meant to be scientific. It is just a tool to help people find out what their type is so that they can learn more about themselves and other people. (A bit similar to how questionnaires / online tests for autism aren't diagnostic.)

I took the official MBTI test a couple of times towards the end of high school and during uni. I tested as INXX, INFJ and INFP. When I did some reading into it, INTP seemed the most like me.

MBTI / Jungian personality types was one of my "special interests" for years. There's patterns and symmetry in the cognitive functions that can very mentally satisfying.

It has helped me to understand dynamics between people (NTs and NDs) and to appreciate people who are different from me more.
It also helped me to understand myself. (I was one of those autistics who forgot who I was at some point and got into trying to be who I was supposed to be.) It took me quite a few years of reading and ruminating to accept being INTP.

For those interested, I'd recommend reading into it. There's tons to read on the internet - and some of it is great even!

MJIthewriter
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jan 2018, 3:51 pm

I watched this video and found it very insightful. Even though I have a slight feeling preference, I likely really am on the border between INFJ and INTJ. Enneagram 4w5. Either one relates to me at times of growth and times of stress.
I don't fit in a neat little box, but oh well. Such as life. I can waste further time trying to pick and choose or just accept it.

inmydreams
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Jan 2018, 4:15 pm

MJIthewriter wrote:
I watched this video and found it very insightful. Even though I have a slight feeling preference, I likely really am on the border between INFJ and INTJ. Enneagram 4w5. Either one relates to me at times of growth and times of stress.
I don't fit in a neat little box, but oh well. Such as life. I can waste further time trying to pick and choose or just accept it.

I did my enneagram the other day and got 4w5 too but didn't feel it was as thorough or as much "me" as the INFJ profile.... I'm also close to INTJ. :D

MJIthewriter
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Feb 2018, 11:26 am

inmydreams wrote:
MJIthewriter wrote:

I did my enneagram the other day and got 4w5 too but didn't feel it was as thorough or as much "me" as the INFJ profile.... I'm also close to INTJ. :D

I go between the two, plus INFP. I suspect my dominant mode is either INFJ or INTJ.

I have a hypothesis that I'd like to see explored. That if you're a switcher (can switch between thinking modes you're going to find yourself somewhere in between two or more types) After reading up on the function stacks. Quick reference picture I found off google

(There was another image that just had them listed individually, but the image above will have to do for the time I have to post right now. If you're able and aware of your ability to switch between thinking modes, then you likely will always find yourself getting different test results.

For me I use variations of Ni and Ne, Fe, and Fi, Ti and Te, Se and Si. Those combinations make up INFP, INFJ, and INTJ.

My strongest appear to be Ni and Si and the order goes something like this: NiNe Ti FiFe Te SeSi. (which doesn't match any particular type used together, but whatever.) I can see various possibilities (Ne) and use them to create a focus (Ni). I can draw from the moment (Se) and from the past (Si). I like new ideas, and express them, but also like to keep a logical grounding on them. (Ti and Te)

This flexibility is especially useful. It helps me adapt greatly and get around a number of autism symptoms, as well as have a slightly different perspective on things.

ZZZTired
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Apr 2018, 5:58 pm

I'm either the INFP or the INTP personality type.

ZZZTired
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Apr 2018, 3:53 am

INTP personality type definately.

aspiesavant
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2018, 12:18 pm

I'm INTP-A.

According to one test :

* 68% introverted